• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your opinion of Jesus?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
OK .. this is not from a Holy Book .. It is "Pastor John Said so" It is a political position .. not a Religious justification/belief. You are still having trouble with the "Pope Said so" fallacy .. just dress it up in a different costume each time. Some Church folks sat around a table and came up with this wonderful political definition of the Soul .. but there is nothing religious about this definition .. is not a valid religious argument
no matter how you dress it up.

I would take the Pentecostals .. "Spreaking in tongues" as having more validity as religious belief .. and they are a bunch of devil whispering snake charmers .. usurping the position of the Logos.

Look .. crying out "The Pope Said So" -- is not a religious argument -- lest your belief is that the Pope is Pontifex Maximus - speaks God's word directly .. like the Logos .. like Jesus spoke God's word through the holy spirit.

But surely you do not believe that of the Pope do you ?
I am not a Catholic so "the Pope says so" doesn't mean anything to me.

I do not have to justify my beliefs about the soul to anyone except myself.

Sargonski

I am not a Catholic so "the Pope says so" doesn't mean anything to me.

I do not have to justify my beliefs about the soul to anyone except myself.

Nor should the Popes word mean anything to you .. or to a Catholic for that matter .. As it is not the word of God anymore than the man made dogma the religious leaders you cited as justification for your beliefs .. and thus not a religious justification at all .. just a personal guess with no support of any kind .. be it from Science, Nature or Religion.

and that's right .. you don't hae to justify your beliefs about the soul to anyone .. unless you are going to case a vote on the basis of such belief -- in which case .. when standing at the pearly gate .. you better be able to come up with something.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nor should the Popes word mean anything to you .. or to a Catholic for that matter .. As it is not the word of God anymore than the man made dogma the religious leaders you cited as justification for your beliefs .. and thus not a religious justification at all .. just a personal guess with no support of any kind .. be it from Science, Nature or Religion.

and that's right .. you don't hae to justify your beliefs about the soul to anyone .. unless you are going to case a vote on the basis of such belief -- in which case .. when standing at the pearly gate .. you better be able to come up with something.
A belief about the soul is just that, a belief. I don't think it has any bearing upon whether I will get through the pearly gate, not that I believe there is such a gate.

Sargonski

A belief about the soul is just that, a belief. I don't think it has any bearing upon whether I will get through the pearly gate, not that I believe there is such a gate.

Not your beliefs that bar entrance .... you missed the uptake on the cupcake .. its your actions based on those beliefs .. that tip the Maat scale.
There is a difference between 1) having a belief .. and 2) forcing that belief on others through physical violence

Messianic Israelite

I'm curious on why people don't believe in Jesus?

Good morning Redsilverxx.

Did you know that the Messiah was a Jew and His Name was Yahshua. Do you realize that there was no consonantal 'J' sound in the English language before 1565 when it was created by a printer named Gille Beys, therefore the question is, how was the Savior's Name pronounced before then? Therefore, we can conclude that the word "Jesus" is no older than the 16th or 17th century and this can be proved from various dictionaries and early printed versions of the New Testament. It is imperative that we seek to eliminate all vestiges of paganism from our worship or we will be denied acceptance by Almighty Yahweh. And that catharsis should begin with the Name which we call our Redeemer and Messiah, who was an Israelite and a Hebrew and whose real name was Yahshua the Messiah. Yahshua means Yahweh (Yah) is salvation (shua). I won't go in to this in detail but *Iesous* was only an attempted transliteration from the original into another language - Greek. So if we are to find the pure and true worship, it is absolutely essential that we return to the source as closely as we can get to it.

To address your question, I would have to respond with 2 Corinthians 4:3-5:

"3 And even if our good tidings is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The mighty one of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the good tidings that displays the glory of the Messiah, who is the image of Elohim. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Yahshua our Sovereign and ourselves as your servants for Yahshua's sake."

Satan has blinded the minds of people and actually, it often takes a miracle on Yahweh's part to open the mind of people so they can 'see' this great light that we have in Yahshua the Messiah. Many Chr-stians don't even know what Yahshua stood for. Yesterday I spoke to someone at work who didn't know what holiness meant, and were confused, because she had rejected the fact that we are to keep the commandments, like Yahshua did and I cited Romans 7:12 which tells us that the Law is holy and we can be seperated and holy by also keeping the Law. Nonetheless, her mind was so geared towards viewing the commandments as something not part of the New Covenant, that the light of the good news did not dawn on her, sadly. Therefore I can certainly say that having one's eyes open not only to the Messiah, but what He actually taught, is a miracle that must be performed by Yahweh for us. I do not know the reasoning behind Yahweh's decisions to reveal His Truth to people, perhaps He sees something is us which He is pleased with, something buried deep down inside, but that's what needs to happen. Blindness is not cured easily, except by some kind of operation or miracle.

Sargonski

When did I ever force my beliefs upon anyone? I only share my beliefs. That is what people do on a religious forum.

No one said you did friend no need to get defensive - Have you never heard of a hypothetical ? If a referendum on banning abortion was held in your region .. would you vote for or against the proposal ?

PearlSeeker

Even if there is a "soul" which survives death, it can not store memories and therefore it won't be able to defend itself on the alleged Judgement day.
Why would a soul have to remember everything? And why would everything be object of judgement?

Last edited:

Ajax

Why would a soul have to remember everything? And why would everything be object of judgement?
Don't ask me, but many denominations believe so. Eastern Ordthodox church for example says that when someone gets amnesia, the soul continues to have memory, while the brain cannot remember due to physical damage. I think that Catholics believe the same.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
We can safely assume therefore that the brain controls consciousness and when the brain stops working when people die, there is no consciousness.
As simple as that.
Oh, do they?

2 months ago,

New Delhi: A miraculous incident took place in Haryana, where an 80-year-old man who was declared dead by doctors came back to life after his ambulance hit a pothole on the road. The man, identified as Darshan Singh Brar, is currently undergoing treatment at a hospital in Karnal, but is alive and breathing.

I stay on what i said previously , i am skeptic about your skepticism.

Sargonski

I don't weigh in on political issues. Besides, how I vote is a personal thing.

Between you and God its not .. "A personal thing" and since that is the subject of this discussion .. your claim is self contradictory. Even Paul admits that at the end of Days it is your secrets that will be judged.

That said --- if you would abstain from voting in the referendum -- given the choice I could respect that decision .. but What if there were no choice .. living in a nation where you were forced to vote .. one way or the other .. which side would you then choose .. Pro Choice or Anti-Choice ? .. and what would Jesus have to say on the issue ..

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That said --- if you would abstain from voting in the referendum -- given the choice I could respect that decision .. but What if there were no choice .. living in a nation where you were forced to vote .. one way or the other .. which side would you then choose .. Pro Choice or Anti-Choice ? .. and what would Jesus have to say on the issue ..
Although I don't approve of abortion I think it should be a choice and there are circumstances under which it might be warranted.
But I don't think abortion should be used as a method of birth control, which is essentially the way it had been since Roe v. Wade.