• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Trump Is What Happens When a Political Party Abandons Ideas’

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The trick is to not listen to far-right or far-left media.

Can you refer me to some far-left media? I'm ready to see it. So far, all I can find is moderate left media, and most of it is mostly entertainment like the Daily Show and Real Time with Bill Maher. Are Media Matters, MoveOn, Daily Kos, and HuffPo what is being called far-left now?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The conservative short coming of Trump are still better then the liberal strong points of Clinton.

America dodged a bullet there getting Trump rather than "Crooked Hillary."

No longer need we worry about any of Hillary's emails being hacked, none of which were interesting enough to mention specifically. Instead, you can worry about Trump and his whole family colluding with the Russians and revealing state secrets directly, by mouth, in secret meetings.

Nor need we worry that Hillary might have lied about being shot at. Instead, we can wonder why Trump lied about releasing his taxes and what he's covering up. Those are of about the same importance, right?

Also, we needn't worry any longer that Hillary made money giving speeches and might do so again in the future. Of course, there's the matter of Trump selling out to the Saudis and Russians in violation of the emoluments clause, but who cares, right?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I hold the voters accountable unless is can be shown that the Russians hacked the electronic voting machines or that the election was otherwise rigged.
I do to some degree but at the same time, regarding this specific cycle, was there a genuine choice? Many that I have spoken to, myself included, voted along the lines of the "lesser evil" argument. Hard to blame them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The two-party system farce will only continue to give the American people worthless candidates intended to keep up business as usual. Freedom to pick who they pick for us. He's no worse or better than anyone else we've had the past couple decades despite his pre-election drama. He's just much harder to take seriously since he was a reality TV star and has the worst hair style of the century.
That's pretty much it. The nation is hopelessly, as well as helplessly locked in an entrenched self serving two party system that mirrors one another, with either party actively engaged in improving the welfare of the country and its citizenry as a whole. It's clear that it's just a matter of time when things will collapse under the weight of special interest and cronyism.

America is entering its death spiral as a country if things continue as they are.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But I like to think we deserve better. We just need to step up, & do a better
job of picking leaders. Will we? One can work & hope.
The biggest step we could take in that direction would be democratizing the presidential election. For as long as most people's votes don't count we'll have an apathetic, ill informed, electorate. The Republicratic political elite will continue to rule.
How about it?

We could change that before the 2020 election if we wanted to do so.
Nationalpopularvote.com
Tom

omega2xx

America dodged a bullet there getting Trump rather than "Crooked Hillary."

No longer need we worry about any of Hillary's emails being hacked, none of which were interesting enough to mention specifically. Instead, you can worry about Trump and his whole family colluding with the Russians and revealing state secrets directly, by mouth, in secret meetings.

Nor need we worry that Hillary might have lied about being shot at. Instead, we can wonder why Trump lied about releasing his taxes and what he's covering up. Those are of about the same importance, right?

Also, we needn't worry any longer that Hillary made money giving speeches and might do so again in the future. Of course, there's the matter of Trump selling out to the Saudis and Russians in violation of the emoluments clause, but who cares, right?

Right, Unfortunately they are all sold out to themselves to try and get re-elected.

The left wingers like to point to Trumps lies, but the seem to ignore Clinton's. Her worst one was lying over the casket to the parent of their son killed at Bengazi. That was shameful.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The left wingers like to point to Trumps lies, but the seem to ignore Clinton's.
You must not pay any attention to what leftists say.
They were all over Clinton, as much as the right. From the BernieBros to the Greens, the left hated Hillary.

Centrists didn't hate her. But leftists definitely did.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The biggest step we could take in that direction would be democratizing the presidential election. For as long as most people's votes don't count we'll have an apathetic, ill informed, electorate. The Republicratic political elite will continue to rule.
How about it?

Nationalpopularvote.com
Tom
I think that's a better system because there's less drama when things are close.
But it's far from a solution.
I haven't thought of a workable one yet.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do to some degree but at the same time, regarding this specific cycle, was there a genuine choice? Many that I have spoken to, myself included, voted along the lines of the "lesser evil" argument. Hard to blame them.

I say that they made the wrong choice. Hillary would have been roughly like Clinton and Obama. This guy is by far the greatest evil we've seen in the White House yet. He is the snake in the garden. Some of us are apparently slower than others at coming around to see so, but will eventually agree. Most will eventually deny having voted for him.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The left wingers like to point to Trumps lies, but the seem to ignore Clinton's. Her worst one was lying over the casket to the parent of their son killed at Bengazi. That was shameful.

Yeah, that was devastating. This is the first I've heard of it. Can you comment on the repercussions from that and the damage done?

Thank God we avoided having a liar in the White House.

omega2xx

You must not pay any attention to what leftists say.
They were all over Clinton, as much as the right. From the BernieBros to the Greens, the left hated Hillary.

Centrists didn't hate her. But leftists definitely did.
Tom

I don't pay attention to anything that is liberal in religion or in politics.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I say that they made the wrong choice. Hillary would have been roughly like Clinton and Obama. This guy is by far the greatest evil we've seen in the White House yet. He is the snake in the garden. Some of us are apparently slower than others at coming around to see so, but will eventually agree. Most will eventually deny having voted for him.
We can only hope.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How about it?

Nationalpopularvote.com
Tom

What I would rather see is more democratization in the Executive Branch overall. The Vice-President and all the Cabinet posts should be separate elective offices, not appointed by the President. Perhaps the FBI director could also be elected separately (just like we elect county sheriffs), and that would satisfy recent complaints about the FBI not being independent of the President.

The Supreme Court should also be an elected body. There should also be national level referendums and propositions, just like at the state level. Recall elections should also be allowed at the federal level.
Give more power to the people, and then you'll see some changes.

omega2xx

Yeah, that was devastating. This is the first I've heard of it. Can you comment on the repercussions from that and the damage done?

Thank God we avoided having a liar in the White House.

I am baffled as to why when Trump kept calling Clinton a liar, that he was never mentioned that one. IMO, that was the mother of political lies. He may have mentioned it but I just didn't see it.