• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Let the states decide.”

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How are these women not being represented?
They won't be represented with their view than a fetus is more than just a piece of tissue after a certain period of time.

That's why it's a states right issue and not a federal issue with the only exception of across the board consensus.

Twilight Hue

Why would you say that?
The definition of "fetus" is what it is.
At which stages under what conditions abortion
becomes politically acceptable is complex, & not
decided by a word used.
No. The original Roe vs Wade had restrictions in place. The modern day Democrats decided to remove all the restrictions which is why it's now even more contentious.

Pogo

So a baby the very day before it is born. Is nothing but a fetus? Am I right?
Yes that is the legal definition, your point?
Even in your misunderstanding you recognize differences in development and responses, you must also admit that not everybody will see it as you do and making personal decisions without interference is what Liberty is about.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The question has a clear "yes" or "no" answer, but you do not want to say either. That is itself a kind of answer, and we can all draw our own conclusions from a non-answer.

You could tell us why you think it has no answer, but I suspect you can't really explain what is wrong with the question. It is one that a state government answers very clearly when it passes a law. And you support their answer when you favor the law. That is the whole point of asking the question. To get some sense of why you support laws that answer the question for you. This has nothing to do with how we define personhood. It has to do with whether a government should have the right to take away a woman's control over her own body and her own pregnancy.
Not for me. For me, it totally has to do with the government protecting our lives.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It seems all the abortion controversy revolves around when a fetus stops being a fetus and then is regarded as human.
Even if you consider an advanced stage
fetus to be a human, it's still a fetus.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You are still not making any sense.
What word do you not understand?

What kind of medical procedure would you travel out of state for?

Do you know what a medical procedure is?

Abortion is a medical procedure. But it is not the only medical procedure. Other medical procedures would include things like:Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), Heart transplant, Open-heart surgery for valve replacement, Percutaneous coronary intervention (angioplasty with stent placement), Aortic aneurysm repair (open or endovascular), Cardiac catheterization with angiography, Carotid endarterectomy, Left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implantation, Heart-lung bypass surgery, Arrhythmia ablation (cardiac ablation) , Craniotomy for brain tumor resection, Spinal fusion surgery, Deep brain stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson’s disease, Intracranial aneurysm clipping or coiling, Lumbar laminectomy for spinal stenosis, Brain shunt placement for hydrocephalus, Stroke thrombectomy, Peripheral nerve repair, Epilepsy surgery, Brain biopsy, Total hip replacement, Spinal decompression surgery, Limb amputation due to trauma or infection, Complex knee reconstruction surgery, Shoulder joint replacement, Multi-level spinal fusion, Pelvic fracture repair, Total knee replacement, Orthopedic tumor excision, Complex scoliosis surgery, Liver transplant, Pancreaticoduodenectomy (Whipple procedure), Complex bowel resection, Hepatectomy (partial liver resection), Gastric bypass surgery for obesity, Total colectomy with ileostomy, Laparoscopic splenectomy, Esophagectomy, Bile duct reconstruction, Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) with stone removal, Cesarean section (C-section), Hysterectomy (abdominal or laparoscopic), Oophorectomy (removal of ovaries), Myomectomy (fibroid removal), Pelvic organ prolapse surgery, Complex tubal ligation reversal, Uterine artery embolization, Endometrial ablation, Fertility preservation procedures (e.g., egg retrieval), Radical mastectomy, Lung lobectomy for cancer, Esophagectomy for esophageal cancer, Total gastrectomy for stomach cancer, Bone marrow transplant, Radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer, Prostatectomy for prostate cancer, Ovarian cancer debulking surgery, Lymph node dissection, Radical cystectomy for bladder cancer, or Kidney transplant. And there are others.

So I am going to assume you know what a medical procedure is now. Next part of my question.

"would you travel"

Travel means means to move from one location to a different location, typically use when there is considerable distance between those locations.

So I am going to assume you know what the word "travel" means. The last part of the question is "out of state".

The country you live in is divided up into 50 areas that you (for some reason) refer to as "states" You I understand live in the area referred to as "New York State". So out of state would be outside of of that area.

Have I explained the question sufficiently?

So tell me what kind of medical procedure you would travel out of state for? What medical procedures would you need that is against the law in New York State?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So up to what point is abortion OK?
From post# 202...
At which stages under what conditions abortion
becomes politically acceptable....

Criteria for abortion vs its prohibition will result
from political wrangling & compromise. As we
see, they evolve over time. There is no objective
morality of biology to give a point in time.
And religion is worse than useless.

Twilight Hue

Why?

Non-sequitur

Evidence for this claim?

You keep pulling strange & outrageous claims
out of your ***. Try supporting them.
It'll be good for your intellectual development.
I don't know if you want to call a contention 'evidence' but I'll even give you a source that's considered the Fox News of the left on that....

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
So hours before it is born , it can be aborted. Thank you for clarifying it.
That is between the mother and the doctor. And I suspect that unless there is a very good reason neither of them would agree to do that.

The is no need for big daddy government to get involved in this personal medical situation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Acceptable TO YOU. I didn't say anything about politics.
See the edited post.
Distractions delayed finalizing it.

What's acceptable to me personally is
some compromise that gives a reasonable
window of time for a woman to make a
decision about abortion. My preference
is that window be very large.