• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Hindus fall because they worship lesser gods.” Abrahamics are trampling Hindus. Can you help me understand?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Actually, Hinduism is one of the most stable theologies in the world. There is no trampling whatsoever. And according to research, they will be stable even in the futur
The percent of hindus is declining in india...There are many many reports on this. Large numbers of conversions taking place from hindu to muslim, few other way around. Dont have time to dig it for you. The geographic spread of hindu thinking is shrinking. Afghanistan myanmar lanka have all gone away. This may be good. But thd fact remains.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you.

The articles indicates the reason for the 7.82% decline is a result of an environment that fosters diversity. Do you disagree with this?

Do you have any evidence that this marginal change is a result of the gods Hindus worship and not the change of environment or the result of migration of population on that 65 year timeframe? Do you have any evidence that this is due to conversion?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka were all part of the Hindu civilization before the advent of the Islam. Today all these countries have spinned out of Hindu ambit. I think I do not need to further substantiate it.
Then there is no need for others to give your claim any consideration.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Afghanistan, Pakistan, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka were all part of the Hindu civilization before the advent of the Islam. Today all these countries have spinned out of Hindu ambit. I think I do not need to further substantiate it.
Just placing Sri Lanka in this midst shows your ignorance. Islam is largely irrelevant there. The Jaffna peninsula is still full of Hindu temples, and although the civil war did a ton of harm there, it has increased the diaspora immensely, rejuvenating the expatriates and calling many new seekers.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Well, I don't understand that. Can you explain?
As per as I understand god has no religion. God is pure consciousness. My own view is that our collective unconscious gets personified as God. So, we ourselves are the creator of God, God in turn guides us by implanting thoughts in our hearts. I am following the pan psychic approach that all material in this world has consciousness and the collective unconscious coalesces to form God. Therefore, if you do not have any religion that is even better because then you are not carrying the burden of your religion or you are not getting distracted. But at the same time the danger is that we do not throw the baby with the bath water. The Hindu system gives an example that if we have thorn in our skin so we take another thorn to remove it, then throw both the thorn, similarly if we have the religion, we need to throw that religion away and connect with God. So, if you have no religion and connected with God then you are one step ahead to those who believe in religion but if you have no religion and you also not connected with God then you become no other than a danger for the Humanity

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
As per as I understand god has no religion. God is pure consciousness. My own view is that our collective unconscious gets personified as God. So, we ourselves are the creator of God, God in turn guides us by implanting thoughts in our hearts. I am following the pan psychic approach that all material in this world has consciousness and the collective unconscious coalesces to form God. Therefore, if you do not have any religion that is even better because then you are not carrying the burden of your religion or you are not getting distracted. But at the same time the danger is that we do not throw the baby with the bath water. The Hindu system gives an example that if we have thorn in our skin so we take another thorn to remove it, then throw both the thorn, similarly if we have the religion, we need to throw that religion away and connect with God. So, if you have no religion and connected with God then you are one step ahead to those who believe in religion but if you have no religion and you also not connected with God then you become no other than a danger for the Humanity.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
As per as I understand god has no religion. God is pure consciousness. My own view is that our collective unconscious gets personified as God. So, we ourselves are the creator of God, God in turn guides us by implanting thoughts in our hearts. I am following the pan psychic approach that all material in this world has consciousness and the collective unconscious coalesces to form God. Therefore, if you do not have any religion that is even better because then you are not carrying the burden of your religion or you are not getting distracted. But at the same time the danger is that we do not throw the baby with the bath water. The Hindu system gives an example that if we have thorn in our skin so we take another thorn to remove it, then throw both the thorn, similarly if we have the religion, we need to throw that religion away and connect with God. So, if you have no religion and connected with God then you are one step ahead to those who believe in religion but if you have no religion and you also not connected with God then you become no other than a danger for the Humanity

Okay, I understand it differently.
So I am a danger to Humanity.
I think you are breaking the forum rules.

Goodbye for now.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Okay, I understand it differently.
So I am a danger to Humanity.
I think you are breaking the forum rules.

Goodbye for now.
Apologies. I should have written...you also not connected with OUR UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNEDS, then you become no other than a danger for the Humanity. Is this still offensive?
The intent is that we must not obstruct the evolution of all living brings. Sorry if I hurt your sensibilities.

Bear Wild

As per as I understand god has no religion. God is pure consciousness. My own view is that our collective unconscious gets personified as God. So, we ourselves are the creator of God, God in turn guides us by implanting thoughts in our hearts. I am following the pan psychic approach that all material in this world has consciousness and the collective unconscious coalesces to form God. Therefore, if you do not have any religion that is even better because then you are not carrying the burden of your religion or you are not getting distracted. But at the same time the danger is that we do not throw the baby with the bath water. The Hindu system gives an example that if we have thorn in our skin so we take another thorn to remove it, then throw both the thorn, similarly if we have the religion, we need to throw that religion away and connect with God. So, if you have no religion and connected with God then you are one step ahead to those who believe in religion but if you have no religion and you also not connected with God then you become no other than a danger for the Humanity.
Just so I understand animals other than human animals and plants are also a part of this consciousness, correct?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Apologies. I should have written...you also not connected with OUR UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNEDS, then you become no other than a danger for the Humanity. Is this still offensive?
The intent is that we must not obstruct the evolution of all living brings. Sorry if I hurt your sensibilities.

Well, you are not the universal truth as far as I can tell. And neither am I. But you are as dangerous as me, but for another reason. You are convinced you hold the truth. That makes you dangerous.
So yeah, I can play that game too.

Bear Wild

So again I am asking out of curiosity do you thus see plants, animals and rocks as conscious beings? This has an implication on my animistic perspective so I am interested in your point of view.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Just so I understand animals other than human animals and plants are also a part of this consciousness, correct?
Yes , my thinking actually is not only animals and plants but also material objects like stone and water also have this consciousness. Only their consciousness is at a very low level. In support of this I rely on the work of Philip Goff who has done work on Pan-Psychism. For your convenience I am attaching here the summary article of Philip Goff.

Attachments

• Philip Goff, Panpsychism,.pdf
    146.8 KB · Views: 61