• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Hindus fall because they worship lesser gods.” Abrahamics are trampling Hindus. Can you help me understand?

River Sea

“Hindus fall because they worship lesser gods.” Abrahamics are trampling Hindus. Can you help me understand?

joelr

Sounds like a common misconception about Brahman and Yahweh.

Yahweh is just a typical Near Eastern deity who evolved in the writings of Aquinas and other theologians to embody Platonic ideas and arrive at the modern understanding people have.
Brahman is equally as vast in Hinduism and is the source of all consciousness. Everything else is just illusion, maya, emanating from consciousness. Both concepts are beyond spacetime, eternal and so on.
But in the Quran Allah sounds more like a dictator constantly making threats of "a horrible doom", calling Christians and Jews "liers" yet is supposedly their God and he goes to another nation and talks like that about the millions who worship him? Saying Brahman is "lesser" than this is plain wrong.

Also the OT God, floods the world, commands women and children to be plunder of war, tells to kill all life in 6 cities, says he is jealous, sends plagues to children, terrible stuff. These stories are of a lesser deity by far.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Another thread with unsubstantiated claims stated as fact

08595-Retriever-yawning-white-background.jpg

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm still trying to figure out what the OP meant by "fall."
If the quotation was from a soldier of the British Raj, battling Hindu forces, it probably means die. If it's from a theologin it's probably a doctrinal disagreement. If it's a political statement it probably refers to loss of sovereignty or some political defeat.

The term is impossibly ambiguous. Unless it's clarified intelligent discussion of it is impossible.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sure. There are millions of opinions about life on this planet, in a vast array of topics. This is one opinion. That ought to help you understand, but I suspect it won't.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Is "fall" also referring to the Indo-Pakistani conflict of 1947-1948?

When did India lose the territory that became Pakistan?

Did that also result in "fall" when Hindus converted to Islam?
I'm confused about the relationship here.

Is @Bharat Jhunjhunwala your guru?

It seems to me you've gleaned over every other post here but his. Not being critical. Just curious.

River Sea

If the quotation was from a soldier of the British Raj, battling Hindu forces, it probably means die. If it's from a theologin it's probably a doctrinal disagreement. If it's a political statement it probably refers to loss of sovereignty or some political defeat.

The term is impossibly ambiguous. Unless it's clarified intelligent discussion of it is impossible.

@Valjean I was rushed due to message above this one. I can't keep up at all.

I analyzed the word 'fall' in all three versions you showed. Further down in this post, I articulated more questions.

1. from a soldier of the British Raj, battling Hindu forces, it probably means die.

Who is British Raj? I'm google searching.

In Hindi, raj means "rule" or "kingdom." Britain's control over the Indian subcontinent during the 19th and 20th centuries was officially known as British India, but it was commonly referred to as "the British Raj" or simply "the Raj." The raj officially began in 1858, and it lasted through 1947 when the region was ...https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/raj#:~:text=In Hindi, raj means "rule,1947 when the region was

Raj - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms - Vocabulary.com

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/raj#:~:text=In Hindi, raj means "rule,1947 when the region was
Question I'll ask you, @Valjean what things people in India could have done to prevent this "die" that you are referring to by the word "fall." Please give me examples from your imagination.

2. If it's from a theologin it's probably a doctrinal disagreement.
3. If it's a political statement it probably refers to loss of sovereignty or some political defeat.

word theologian: google search = someone who studies the nature of God, religion, and religious beliefs.https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/theologian#:~:text=A theologian is someone who,, religion, and religious beliefs.

THEOLOGIAN definition in American English - Collins Dictionaryhttps://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/theologian#:~:text=A theologian is someone who,, religion, and religious beliefs.

google search word sovereignty is = supreme power or authority.

My question is: what is convert when either want to or forced to? When is convert within the word fall?

Another question that I thought of now, due to writing this post, is: Are there more emotions at the edges of countries than in the middle of a country?

Do people in the middle of a country feel more safe within their religion than people on the edge of a country?

What areas of conversion are not within the meaning of fall?

What about interfaith, could people combine religions too? Would that at all inter the word fall or not?

River Sea

I can't go fast enough

as a reminder repeat
I'm confused about the relationship here.

Is @Bharat Jhunjhunwala your guru?

It seems to me you've gleaned over every other post here but his. Not being critical. Just curious.
I was responding to @Valjean and wasn't done writing the post
@Valjean I was rushed due to message above this one. I can't keep up at all.

I analyzed the word 'fall' in all three versions you showed. Further down in this post, I articulated more questions.

1. from a soldier of the British Raj, battling Hindu forces, it probably means die.

Who is British Raj? I'm google searching.

In Hindi, raj means "rule" or "kingdom." Britain's control over the Indian subcontinent during the 19th and 20th centuries was officially known as British India, but it was commonly referred to as "the British Raj" or simply "the Raj." The raj officially began in 1858, and it lasted through 1947 when the region was ...https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/raj#:~:text=In Hindi, raj means "rule,1947 when the region was

Raj - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms - Vocabulary.com

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/raj#:~:text=In Hindi, raj means "rule,1947 when the region was
Question I'll ask you, @Valjean what things people in India could have done to prevent this "die" that you are referring to by the word "fall." Please give me examples from your imagination.

2. If it's from a theologin it's probably a doctrinal disagreement.
3. If it's a political statement it probably refers to loss of sovereignty or some political defeat.

word theologian: google search = someone who studies the nature of God, religion, and religious beliefs.https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/theologian#:~:text=A theologian is someone who,, religion, and religious beliefs.

THEOLOGIAN definition in American English - Collins Dictionaryhttps://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/theologian#:~:text=A theologian is someone who,, religion, and religious beliefs.

google search word sovereignty is = supreme power or authority.

My question is: what is convert when either want to or forced to? When is convert within the word fall?

Another question that I thought of now, due to writing this post, is: Are there more emotions at the edges of countries than in the middle of a country?

Do people in the middle of a country feel more safe within their religion than people on the edge of a country?

What areas of conversion are not within the meaning of fall?

What about interfaith, could people combine religions too? Would that at all inter the word fall or not?

I can't go fast enough

River Sea

I can't go fast enough

I wanted to dive into more of what @Valjean was saying, I let @Valjean post rest so I could think more on it

@Valjean asked 3 versions of the word fall

Also the first thing I notice is this word fall

What is fall

most people in this thread were asking me as the OP what am I articulating of the word fall

I hadn't even posted the post responds to @Valjean as it rested there, so to go back to it later, when I was asked is @Bharat Jhunjhunwala my guru

My relation to @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

1. at game website I found me playing games with Jews
2. I asked the Jews what is a Jew?
3. from there I found a fb group of yaqub who's a Jew from Israel who travel to Turkey often and gotten me into Sufi music
4. In Yaqub's group I met @Bharat Jhunjhunwala
5. Both @Bharat Jhunjhunwala weren't allowed to write about reincarnation at Yaqub's fb group so we would email
6. From there I learn that @Bharat Jhunjhunwala wrote a book
7. I read book and was intrigued to learn more about - I made fb group thinking if anyone wanted to read book with me can imagination of India to Israel with me
8. I no longer have fb group
9. I learn of forums online
10. I then thought I'll see how I do with forums showing what i learn from book
11. from there I see more religions and maybe I'm mixing this up a little bit because i've seen other religions as well example youtube videos is tons of info
12., lately i"ve been learning about egypt from @Tamino (hi @Tamino maybe you can help me here) you know me, learning about a cow one of the 8 God's because God changes (forgot word)
13. oh there's @Bthoth where ever he is
14. theres @Yokefellow that i learn all of freemason because he expose it ha ha here it is if you care to know
here it is learn about freemason here you go Freemasonry Exposed
15 there is the Scottish Rite York Rite - mmmmmmmmmmmmm if i ever wanted to be a freemason which one should I pick york or scottish mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
can i jump back and forth or be both
16. or none
17, I'll pick none, because it looks like a lot of work and a lot of meetings., so how about none
ok, oh i forget my relation to @Bharat Jhunjhunwala is, yes i learn a lot from him and I am blamed
18 how come i'm blamed?
oh wait, 19. charles darwin remember him, well i learn that his daughter passed away
anyways that's how far I gotten

go fast go fast fast faster faster go faster fast

River Sea

Nah...it just appears to you that we fall because we prostrate rather than kneel.

Ok hi @SalixIncendium I just notice it's you after I click reply the one who asked is @Bharat Jhunjhunwala by guru

I just notice this.

word prostrate and kneel., I need to google search to find what do these two words mean

Prostate = lying stretched out on the ground with one's face downward.
  1. lay oneself flat on the ground face downward, especially in reverence or submission.
    "she prostrated herself on the bare floor of the church"

This is kind of strange because google claims in a church.
That is extremely strange. Who does that on a bare floor of a church? And why a bare floor for? Like how is a floor bare? Surely to lay flat on a floor it has to be bare, because if there's things on the floor one would not be laying flat, unless can squish the items enough to remain flat.

However in this case face downward. Face downward on floor causes what? To fall?

Maybe this is ok now to show where I gotten this idea, notice the first and last sentence.

You say, “Your statement that “hindus fall because they worship lesser gods.” I understand that Brahman > Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva > various gods like Hanuman, Rama, etc. My point was that Abrahamic religions connect with Brahman=God=Allah whereas Hindus connect with Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva-Hanuman-Rama etc. Hence Abrahamics are trampling Hindus.

if you notice what I did is I taken "hindus fall because they worship lesser gods" and "Abrahamics are trampling Hindus" and form a topic title and placed it in a debate here in forum.

I was thinking debate was more permissible for conflict type of situations such as fall

So... what all had taken place for this word fall and what all areas are., because with in this debate discussion I notice the word lesser and also how did trampling how?

If one reads Abrahamic God is "Jealous" compare to God's that's lesser of what? Is there such thing is less then Jealous, what happens then?

In Egypt @Tamino perhaps shall I have @Tamino as a guru because if I have @Bharat Jhunjhunwala as a guru, I'll claim @Tamino as a guru, because guru means teacher.

So is a cow God a Jealous God or a lesser God; I'm asking you @Tamino as a cow is one of the shapes of the 8 Gods?

Also did at any time at KMT anyone lay flat on the floor face down, if so how come?