• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Let the states decide.”

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thank you.
I find it terrifying to see if he feed a struggle against the abortion doctor as he tries to rip it apart that started when I actually saw the silent scream which prompted me to support pro choice only to where the fetus cannot feel pain.

Of course there are exceptions under very extreme circumstances but hope a fetus's pain will be taken under consideration under such circumstances.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I find it terrifying to see if he feed a struggle against the abortion doctor as he tries to rip it apart that started when I actually saw the silent scream which prompted me to support pro choice only to where the fetus cannot feel pain.

Of course there are exceptions under extreme circumstances
Yes, of course, and they are very rare, thankfully.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know if you want to call a contention 'evidence' but I'll even give you a source that's considered the Fox News of the left on that....

Assuming you read your link, please
quote where it supports the claim that
Dems want "all" restrictions removed.

Kathryn

You do this? That is interesting. Tell us what you do. Do you hand out free condoms to anyone who wants one? Or do you give medication? Or what?

How much of your time do you spend doing this?
You also asked "Would I?" and I would. Not everyone is Catholic and I wouldn't ask anyway.

Twilight Hue

Assuming you read your link, please
quote where it supports the claim that
Dems want "all" restrictions removed.
What else could it be? Harris the incompetent is hiding under a rock.

Right from the "Fox News of the left"

Since you , not surprisingly, refuse to read the whole article where this was clearly addressed.

Snippet...

EV Osment, a spokesperson for Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, said in a statement that Harris “refused to list a single limit she’d support on abortion” and pointed out that she didn't define what she means by legislatively codifying Roe v. Wade. “Democrats are pushing federal legislation through the Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA), which goes much further than Roe,” Osment said. “It will strip all pro-life states of their existing pro-life protections forcing an entitlement of no-limits abortion through all trimesters.”

Kathryn

See the edited post.
Distractions delayed finalizing it.

What's acceptable to me personally is
some compromise that gives a reasonable
window of time for a woman to make a
decision about abortion. My preference
is that window be very large.
How large?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What else could it be? Harris the incompetent is hiding under a rock.

Right from the "Fox News of the left"

Since you , not surprisingly, refuse to read the whole article where this was clearly addressed.

Snippet...

EV Osment, a spokesperson for Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, said in a statement that Harris “refused to list a single limit she’d support on abortion” and pointed out that she didn't define what she means by legislatively codifying Roe v. Wade. “Democrats are pushing federal legislation through the Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA), which goes much further than Roe,” Osment said. “It will strip all pro-life states of their existing pro-life protections forcing an entitlement of no-limits abortion through all trimesters.”
Sometimes I sense that posters
have just gone off their meds.

PureX

Veteran Member
Let Daddy decide.

Let each family decide.

Let the clan patriarch decide.

Let each clan decide.

Let the village patriarch decide.

Let each village decide.

Let the mayor decide.

Let each city decide.

Let the governor decide.

Let each state decide.

Let the president decide.

Let a national referendum decide.

Let the Pope decide.

Let God decide.

The thing is that the people that want to decide this for other people won't agree with ANY of the above solutions if any of the above solutions ends up disagreeing with their own. So all this whole issue boils down to is that some people really want to tell other people what to do about an unwanted pregnancy. And they will use ANY means available to do that.

So the whole "states rights" thing is really nothing more than a means for the would-be dictators among us to get their way when the National Constitution and federal government told them they did not have the right to dictate their morality to others. And if the states would not accommodate them they would be whining for a "municipal right" to dictate their morality to others. And if that failed to give them that power, they would then be whining for a father's right dictate his morality to his pregnant daughter. (So long as the father was in moral agreement with them).

Because this is really all and only about serving those who want to dictate their own morality to other people.

Kathryn

See, no one seems comfortable with the idea of aborting a baby who is clearly living. But when is that?

And I want the government to protect life. Period.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How large?
I've no way to quantify such a thing.
The only thing I believe about abortion
prescriptions & proscriptions is that they
should allow sufficient liberty for the
woman to make a considered decision.
Whatever political compromise it is that
achieves this is fine by me.
I've never considered quantifying things.

Twilight Hue

Sometimes I sense that posters
have just gone off their meds.
Particularly those posters that ignore people who willingly accommodate them but don't want to acknowledge what was adequately provided to them even at one's request. Am I right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
See, no one seems comfortable with the idea of aborting a baby who is clearly living. But when is that?
Some things are the result of uneasy consensus.
When does a child become an adult?
Legally, it's one thing....or a couple things....18 years...21 years.
But individuals vary, ie, there is no single age that every child becomes an adult.
And I want the government to protect life. Period.
"Period" suggests over-simplification, ie, no
balancing of rights, eg, the fetus, the mother's
life, the mother's health, fetus viability.

Kathryn

I am completely comfortable with that. I think the decision should be between the mother and the doctor. The government should not be involved at all.
One of the few things the government does well enough is protect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's not perfect but it's getting there.

Kathryn

Some things are the result of uneasy consensus.
When does a child become an adult?
Legally, it's one thing....or a couple things....18 years...21 years.
But individuals vary, ie, there is no single age that every child becomes an adult.

"Period" suggests over-simplification, ie, no
balancing of rights, eg, the fetus, the mother's
life, the mother's health, fetus viability.
I would think that since the vast majority of abortions are NOT to protect the life of the mother, I am OK with just allowing that mother to deliver her baby.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
One of the few things the government does well enough is protect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's not perfect but it's getting there.
I can't think of any situation where the government makes medical decisions that are contrary to the medical experts that should be described as "well enough".

The government should not be involved in making medical decisions.