• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Let the states decide.”

Pogo

I know.

You shrugged off those that do care about the risk on the grounds that the average maternal mortality is "not terrible," so what do you think would be a "terrible" risk? Why do you think you ought to be the one to decide this for others?
Anything that has affected her personally, otherwise a thousand people dying in a football stadium like the odds of dying from Covid would be no reason to consider it a pandemic.

Innumerate.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another one of your fantasies, pretending to be family is not how minors who are sex trafficked are brought into the US. They are conned into offers of jobs in the US and then held after being secreted across the border, usually hidden in normal traffic.

That you might be able to find an exception of a mother who knowingly got someone to get her family across the border so she could sell her daughter is not impossible, but seriously, your unevidenced possible exception does not support your argument.
What the hell are you even talking about?

The topic is about minors going to get abortions across state lines.

Please pay better attention.

Pogo

You brought up sex trafficking.

"Yeah and you still don't seem to understand that applies to minors being trafficked across the border by adults who are not the parents' children's or Guardians without permission."

See a doctor about your attention span.

Pogo

Show exactly me where I brought sex trafficking up.

See a doctor about your inability to tell what a person posts.
Did you read the quoted part? Your post 406

Yeah and you still don't seem to understand that applies to minors being trafficked across the border by adults who are not the parents' children's or Guardians without permission.

You seem to want yo twist this whole thing two ways to Sunday.

Pogo

Show exactly me where I brought sex trafficking up.

See a doctor about your inability to tell what a person posts.

Yeah and you still don't seem to understand that applies to minors being trafficked across the border by adults who are not the parents' children's or Guardians without permission.

You seem to want yo twist this whole thing two ways to Sunday.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Lemme bring you up to date: The so-called anti-abortion trafficking laws are set up by municipalities to keep pregnant people from travelling out of state to get an abortion. These are enforceable only through private civil suits against those who help a pregnant person travel for an abortion--the pregnant person cannot be sued for seeking an abortion. Since these are only enforceable through private civil suits, the AG has no business asking for medical records from out of state in relation to these so called "anti-abortion-trafficking" laws.

What the Texas AG is suing against is the federal shield law prohibiting the release of medical records from out of state for medical procedures that are legal in that state. What the Texas AG specifically wants and has asked for are the medical records for minors seeking gender-affirming treatment out of state, which Texas has deemed as child abuse, so they can prosecute the gender-affirming care. If they weaken the Federal shield law for gender-affirming care, they will also weaken the shield law for all reproductive care.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Yeah I said minors being trafficked crossing the border. That doesn't mean sex traffickers. it means an adult taking minors without their parents permission.

I never said sex traffickers which undoubtedly you went with on your own.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Yeah I said minors being trafficked crossing the border. That doesn't mean sex traffickers. it means an adult taking minors without their parents permission.

I never said sex traffickers which undoubtedly you went with on your own.

Minors being trafficked specifically means that the minors are an object of illicit trade
trafficking
the act of buying or selling goods illegally:
arms/drug trafficking
He was wanted on charges of trafficking in stolen property.
the act of buying or selling people, or of making money from work they are forced to do, such as sex work:
human/people trafficking
efforts to combat illegal trafficking in people

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No it's your lack of knowledge of what the law is actually saying.
Go ahead and explain it then.

"On Monday, Lubbock County, a conservative hub of more than 300,000 residents near the border with New Mexico, became the largest county yet to enact such a ban. The county commissioners court, during a public meeting that drew occasionally impassioned testimony, voted to make it illegal for anyone to transport a pregnant woman through the county, or pay for her travel, for the purpose of seeking an abortion.

The county, which includes the city of Lubbock and Texas Tech University, joined three other far smaller counties — one along the New Mexico border and two others in the middle of the state — in passing ordinances that were drafted in part by the architect of Texas’s six-week abortion ban, adopted in 2021 even before the U.S. Supreme Court overturned of Roe v. Wade last year.

The city of Amarillo, in the Texas Panhandle, on Tuesday held an hours long public hearing to consider a similar ordinance, which would apply to a network of roads and highways that pass through the city of 200,000 and lead toward New Mexico and Colorado, states where many Texas women have traveled for procedures."

Twilight Hue

"On Monday, Lubbock County, a conservative hub of more than 300,000 residents near the border with New Mexico, became the largest county yet to enact such a ban. The county commissioners court, during a public meeting that drew occasionally impassioned testimony, voted to make it illegal for anyone to transport a pregnant woman through the county, or pay for her travel, for the purpose of seeking an abortion.

The county, which includes the city of Lubbock and Texas Tech University, joined three other far smaller counties — one along the New Mexico border and two others in the middle of the state — in passing ordinances that were drafted in part by the architect of Texas’s six-week abortion ban, adopted in 2021 even before the U.S. Supreme Court overturned of Roe v. Wade last year.

The city of Amarillo, in the Texas Panhandle, on Tuesday held an hours long public hearing to consider a similar ordinance, which would apply to a network of roads and highways that pass through the city of 200,000 and lead toward New Mexico and Colorado, states where many Texas women have traveled for procedures."

Well I certainly do hope it is a woman I've never heard of a man being pregnant before.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
When they are point blank asked, they say things like finances or timing. Maternal or fetal health are both way, way down the list, but they do occur very occasionally.
Like I said, maybe they think it's nobody's business but their own and just say whatever they think the pollster wants to hear.
Or maybe it's more complex than they feel like sharing with other people. Maybe they think their medical decisions are their own to make.

I'm not comfortable judging people for their complex life decisions. You seem to be fine with it.

Twilight Hue

I doubt it could be enforced for full grown women and besides it's just an ordinance it's not like the criminal thing but rather a civil contention but I'll say it's a political bill if what the law is saying is true for full grown woman, but it'sa legitimate law if it's a minor.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Like I said, maybe they think it's nobody's business but their own and just say whatever they think the pollster wants to hear.
Or maybe it's more complex than they feel like sharing with other people. Maybe they think their medical decisions are their own to make.

I'm not comfortable judging people for their complex life decisions. You seem to be fine with it.
Like I have been saying, I find pregnancy to be a very complex state of affairs.

Look, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other - It will not affect me in any way. My daughters are both grown and done as well, and my granddaughters are very devout and I can't imagine any of them choosing an abortion. But like I said, it won't affect me one way or the other and I do not believe in criminalizing pregnant or formerly pregnant people. To me, it boils down to protection of the most vulnerable of people, and until we can decide on what makes a person a person, we are at odds. I am fine with that.

Twilight Hue

So you're not going to explain it and you're just going to make a joke instead.

Cool beans. Concession accepted.
No I just got to read the actual law/ordinance in its official wording and capacity. Not some biased site trying to twist things around.

For the record I'm against a ban on fully adult women to travel , that would be unconstitutional and for it fully if it addresses minors without parents or legal guardians permission which it would be constitutional.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I doubt it could be enforced for full grown women and besides it's just an ordinance it's not like the criminal thing but rather a civil contention but I'll say it's a political bill if what the law is saying is true for full grown woman, but it'sa legitimate law if it's a minor.
It's alarming, is what it is.

Much more alarming and oppressive than banning plastic bags in grocery stores.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Like I have been saying, I find pregnancy to be a very complex state of affairs.

Look, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other - It will not affect me in any way. My daughters are both grown and done as well, and my granddaughters are very devout and I can't imagine any of them choosing an abortion. But like I said, it won't affect me one way or the other and I do not believe in criminalizing pregnant or formerly pregnant people. To me, it boils down to protection of the most vulnerable of people, and until we can decide on what makes a person a person, we are at odds. I am fine with that.
Sounds like we just leave it up to individuals to decide what's best for them then.
It works just fine where I come from. And it worked just fine until Roe v. Wade was overturned.