• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Let the states decide.”

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No I just got to read the actual law/ordinance in its official wording and capacity. Not some biased site trying to twist things around.
Well then, since you've read it, you can explain what you're talking about instead of continuing to dance around it and pretend like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I asked you to do that two posts ago. You made a joke instead.
For the record I'm against a ban on fully adult women to travel , that would be unconstitutional and for it fully if it addresses minors without parents or legal guardians permission which it would be constitutional.
I don't know about the second part but at least we can agree on the first part.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's alarming, is what it is.

Much more alarming and oppressive than banning plastic bags in grocery stores.
Anything that controls a person's freedom of choice under the Constitution should be alarming and oppressive, whether it be as benign as grocery bags or something a lot more serious like abortion.

As far as I'm concerned, what insignificant attempts at control today will become something very significant tomorrow.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Anything that controls a person's freedom of choice under the Constitution should be alarming and oppressive, whether it be as benign as grocery bags or something a lot more serious like abortion.

As far as I'm concerned, what insignificant attempts at control today will become something very significant tomorrow.
Hey! We found common ground!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you say.
Yes, I do say. And I say so based on the evidence.

We didn't see the kinds of problems we're seeing now, when Roe v. Wade protections were in place.

You don't think it's best left up to individuals to decide what's best for them? You'd rather the government or the citizenry make decisions for other people?

wellwisher

Slavery isn't a common cause either but it shouldn't be a states issue.
Abortion is healthcare and it shouldn't be a states issue. We the People do not want it to be a states issue and too many women have suffered and died from bad state laws as it is. And, of course, not everyone can afford to move amd no one knows if they'll need an abortion to save their life or not.
The issue of slavery, as does abortion, both has/had an underdog versus over dog dynamics; slave/unborn child versus slave owner/ body owner. Only the the Southern DNC in 1860 thought the country should allow legal slavery at the Federal level; favor the slave owners. Today they still take the side of the over dog. At least with the abortion issue, back to the states, this lowered the tension of a possible civil war. Slavery did not have that option and this led to slave states, wanting to leave the Union, which then led to lot of death, trying to keep the country whole. Had they let the states decide, only the DNC would still have slavery and abortion.

Interestingly, the pro-slave culture, did not see slaves as human, anymore than the modern DNC abortion culture sees the unborn as being human. It is almost like the DNC adapted the slavery playbook to the unborn; cross out the word slavery and write in the unborn. Slave owners liked to play god, having control over life or death. The same is now true of the unborn. Now these same demigods are trying to redefine male and female, even though this has a science base criteria objectified by DNA. We need to burn their playbook since it can still create injustice and underdogs.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yes, I do say. And I say so based on the evidence.

We didn't see the kinds of problems we're seeing now, when Roe v. Wade protections were in place.

You don't think it's best left up to individuals to decide what's best for them? You'd rather the government or the citizenry make decisions for other people?
Like I have said over and over again, I believe that 1) people should protect our citizens and 2) pregnancy is a unique scenario.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Like I have said over and over again, I believe that 1) people should protect our citizens and 2) pregnancy is a unique scenario.
This was in response to, "Yes, I do say. And I say so based on the evidence.

You don't think it's best left up to individuals to decide what's best for them? You'd rather the government or the citizenry make decisions for other people?"

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
This was in response to, "Yes, I do say. And I say so based on the evidence.

You don't think it's best left up to individuals to decide what's best for them? You'd rather the government or the citizenry make decisions for other people?"
Right, and it's still my response and probably all you will get from me. I will not allow you or anyone else to cram words into my mouth (or in this case, fingers).

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Please ignore me. Meanwhile, no, I will not allow anyone to push words I am not saying at me.

If you wanted people to ignore you, you would not engage them in debate. Your replies have failed to satisfy me and others, because you do not answer questions directly and appear to evade admitting to positions that can only be inferred from what you write. For example, @SkepticThinker's post #446 was responded to with:

What does that even mean in the context of this discussion??? Everyone believes we should protect our citizens, and you leave unspecified what is so "unique" about pregnancy. It is impossible to get anything of substance from replies like this. When she tried to get clarification, you just doubled down and said flat out that she would get nothing more from you. We can only conclude that you do want the government to deprive women of control over their own bodies once they become pregnant, and you want that because of your own personal concept of the "personhood" status of what is in their womb. Not your womb. Theirs. You provide no explanation or justification for that concept or how it benefits society generally to have government control over women's pregnancies. And you cannot, or will not, explain why.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
At least with the abortion issue, back to the states, this lowered the tension of a possible civil war. Slavery did not have that option and this led to slave states, wanting to leave the Union, which then led to lot of death, trying to keep the country whole. Had they let the states decide, only the DNC would still have slavery and abortion.
Civil war averted? What fantasy world did you get that from?