• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

100 Small Things That Can Bring You Joy

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
May i suggest some simpler things i find bring me both joy and the wonder of the miracles of life...
it requires removing the blinkers so many of us wear as we go about our busy lives...

the flight of a butterfly , or birds... the buds and flowers on the trees and bushes we pass ...
the gentle breeze , the babbling brook, the smiles you give and receive.... the laughter of small
children playing in the park ..... and on ... thousands of small events around us every day....
learn to appreciate .... it brings joy....

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
May i suggest some simpler things i find bring me both joy and the wonder of the miracles of life...
it requires removing the blinkers so many of us wear as we go about our busy lives...

the flight of a butterfly , or birds... the buds and flowers on the trees and bushes we pass ...
the gentle breeze , the babbling brook, the smiles you give and receive.... the laughter of small
children playing in the park ..... and on ... thousands of small events around us every day....

I'm all for a sense of wonder!

Quotes About Wonder (827 quotes)

Thanks for sharing!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Yes.

That list is a bit of a mixed bag. I would not find making a big list a source of joy, for example.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
#56 is new and good advice!
"Next time you think negatively about yourself, write down that negative thought. By seeing how hurtful those words appear on paper, you'll begin to train yourself to stop saying them in your head."

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
#56 is new and good advice!
"Next time you think negatively about yourself, write down that negative thought. By seeing how hurtful those words appear on paper, you'll begin to train yourself to stop saying them in your head."

Yes - journaling can be very therapeutic!

I have found it most useful ...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
#76 is perfect!

"Studies show that people who are given an entire bag of chocolate candy enjoy those morsels less than people who are given just one piece of candy to taste. So if you want to increase your happiness, indulge in small portions."

I still remember the (one) time that I threw away the remainder of the hamburger and the fries I had been eating.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that # 78 is wrong.

It is not the paper copy of the news rather than the vocal news. It is that a reader of the paper will
ingest less of the news, and only the news that he is interested in already.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This explains a lot!

88. Assert Your Power
Studies show that people who hold a position of power, whether in a personal relationship or in the workplace, lead happier lives than those with less authority.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have posted the page on Facebook. (Facebook is similar to a journal - it sure is easier to find).
I do most of the things listed. And, I am happy. Or, at least I perceive myself so.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Recipe please
LOL What? Are you not paying attention? And.....I thought paying attention is a writing on the forum prerequisite. LOL I love you!

That was a bad sentence. Wasn't it?

I only know about Big Mac pizzas.

I do not know about mashed potato pizzas.

If that laugh doesn't kill me, I think I should be happier hens forth. I mean, henceforth.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know about other kinds of pizzas. Normal pizzas. Maybe an Haiwaian pizza is not so normal, but he who prompted this waste of time is Jewish. Rights?

Anyway, why are Jews so very funny? You have almost bumped up to the first place. OMG.