• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

15 Medal of Honor recipients endorse Trump for President

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They chose to serve their country in its armed forces and made that commitment before they were ordered to go into conflict. They trusted the body politic. Any failure isn't theirs. I am pretty sure they wouldn't care that you don't approve.
Their country did not have the authority to order them into conflict.
Sovereign nations have the power to take the lives of others just as societies and individuals do and the onus of being held accountable for doing so. If you feel so strongly that America was wrong then you should show ethical integrity by leaving it.
Governments are too powerful to be held accountable. They've been arrogating authority and fomenting endless wars for thousands of years. In this they're no different from large street gangs, or Hamas, or Daesh.
Commitment or loyalty to an individual, organization or government is hazardous. Governments change. A government that seems benevolent today may choose to invade Poland or Ukraine tomorrow.

A person has personal responsibility for his actions. Ethical integrity is best assured by staying unaffiliated and choosing moral actions.

How would leaving America be showing ethical integrity?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I wonder if this is about damage control from his disparaging remarks about MOH recipients in August:

I totally forgot about this horrible thing Trump said. And it makes us wonder how competent @Shaul 's short list is. These MAGAs are all quite desperate for anything at this point.

What will @Shaul offer us tomorrow? Maybe 27% of fry cooks endorse Trump. Yay!!!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most MOH recipients took actions that allowed a whole bunch of American soldiers to get home alive instead of dying right there. I would say that this is a service to the USA regardless of the larger context of whichever war they were fighting.
It's a service to the corporations they were fighting for.
I'm sure many Waffen SS and Jihadist fighters heroically sacrificed their lives for their comrades as well, but they were still on the wrong side and supporting the bad guys.

Shaul

Premium Member
Their country did not have the authority to order them into conflict.

Governments are too powerful to be held accountable. They've been arrogating authority and fomenting endless wars for thousands of years. In this they're no different from large street gangs, or Hamas, or Daesh.
Commitment or loyalty to an individual, organization or government is hazardous. Governments change. A government that seems benevolent today may choose to invade Poland or Ukraine tomorrow.

A person has personal responsibility for his actions. Ethical integrity is best assured by staying unaffiliated and choosing moral actions.

How would leaving America be showing ethical integrity?
Oh, please. You are just upset because you know this would help Trump.

Shaul

Premium Member
I totally forgot about this horrible thing Trump said. And it makes us wonder how competent @Shaul 's short list is. These MAGAs are all quite desperate for anything at this point.

What will @Shaul offer us tomorrow? Maybe 27% of fry cooks endorse Trump. Yay!!!
I not surprised that you would denigrate Medal of Honor recipients. Not surprised at all.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I not surprised that you would denigrate Medal of Honor recipients. Not surprised at all.
Odd statement given Trump actually did this. To you it's OK that Trump does it, but you misrepresnt those who you disagree with. Do you lack that much self-awareness?

I'm a person who actually respects our military unlike Trump. He said those who serve and die are suckers and losers. He insulted John McCain for being captured during military action. He insulted the Medal of Honor and said the Medal of Freedom is better. The guy avoided miltary servive through fraud. The guy is a coward.

It's YOU who doesn't care.

Shaul

Premium Member
Odd statement given Trump actually did this. To you it's OK that Trump does it, but you misrepresnt those who you disagree with. Do you lack that much self-awareness?

I'm a person who actually respects our military unlike Trump. He said those who serve and die are suckers and losers. He insulted John McCain for being captured during military action. He insulted the Medal of Honor and said the Medal of Freedom is better. The guy avoided miltary servive through fraud. The guy is a coward.

It's YOU who doesn't care.
And you continue to peddle the debunked propaganda that Trump maligned Medal of Honor recipients when he didn't. Yet genuine Medal of Honor recipients endorsed him AFTER the bogus story. They know better then you and the media whether they should be offended. Not only are they not but they endorse him. Back at you, do you lack that much self-awareness?

As a Marine Corps veteran I can tell when someone genuinely appreciates the military and I don't need you to tell me who really does.

Daemon Sophic

Only you would try to minimize 15 people who risked life and limb for this country. Pretty typical of your ilk. You must be very proud of yourself.
A weak and worthless ad hominem. :rolleyes:
Your support of The Insurrectionist Traitor shatter on the hard rocks of reality….. yet again. :shrug:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And you continue to peddle the debunked propaganda that Trump maligned Medal of Honor recipients when he didn't.

“Miriam, I watched (Sheldon Adelson, her late husband) sitting so proud in the White House when we gave Miriam the Presidential Medal of Freedom. That’s the highest award you can get as a civilian, it’s the equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor, but civilian version. It’s actually much better, because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor – that’s soldiers. They’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead,” Trump said.

“She gets it and she’s a healthy, beautiful woman, and they’re rated equal,” Trump said.

Yet genuine Medal of Honor recipients endorsed him AFTER the bogus story.

You do understand that there's video of what he said, right?

They know better then you and the media whether they should be offended. Not only are they not but they endorse him. Back at you, do you lack that much self-awareness?

As a Marine Corps veteran I can tell when someone genuinely appreciates the military and I don't need you to tell me who really does.

Yes... these sound like the words of someone who genuinely appreciates the military:

"He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And you continue to peddle the debunked propaganda that Trump maligned Medal of Honor recipients when he didn't.
You must be another victim of right wing disinformation about this.

Yet genuine Medal of Honor recipients endorsed him AFTER the bogus story.
A small minority did. Not all. Not the majority. It's less than the natiional average of those who approve of Trump. It should be at least 47% of MoH recipients to represent the USA, but it's only about 25%. That's below average. So most MoH recipients must be voting for Harris.
They know better then you and the media whether they should be offended. Not only are they not but they endorse him. Back at you, do you lack that much self-awareness?
Look at you avoiding your own mistakes over the facts.
Irrelevant. If you can't accept facts, and can't reason with facts, who cares what you have done in your life? At this point you are pro-fascist.

Shaul

Premium Member
That would depend on how available the 15 people listed are.
No, it actually wouldn't. Other news organizations were able to do it. So they are too lazy, too incompetent or unwilling. Furthermore they could report the story as unverified and state how they attempted to verify it. But they haven't. You also give them the benefit of the doubt that they are even trying to verify it without any evidence that they tried to do so.
Maybe. One reason to refuse to cover the story would be if they can't verify that the claims are true. Why do you think they would refuse to cover it?
I cannot answer why they hate Trump and see no profit in speculating about that. That is for them to answer.