• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

171 days left until Jesus' second coming

Renji

And the Lord said to me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination a worthless thing, and thr deceit of their heart.....Jeremiah 14:14

So true:yes:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I wish I could persuade people who believe they are going to know the exact date of the apocalypse to sign over their cars, house, and bank accounts to me by close the day before.

I would say that their last-minute generosity probably still counts for at least something, and hey -- I need a place to hide out as long as I can during the turmoil. :p

The next day I say "Whoops, guess you shouldn't have been so daft!"

I'd never actually do that though, I'm not mean enough. Oddly enough, I bet people who claim to have so much faith in this stuff wouldn't do it either. I wonder why :sarcastic

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I wish I could persuade people who believe they are going to know the exact date of the apocalypse to sign over their cars, house, and bank accounts to me by close the day before.

I would say that their last-minute generosity probably still counts for at least something, and hey -- I need a place to hide out as long as I can during the turmoil. :p

I'd never actually do that though, I'm not mean enough. Oddly enough, I bet people who claim to have so much faith in this stuff wouldn't do it either. I wonder why :sarcastic
It's a deal! I will, I'll sign everything over.
Well, everything except my Windrunners....
nike-air-max-90-classic-610x480.jpg

Too soon? :cool:

Gloone

The apocalypse is already over. I think people are still trying to figure out what the hell is going on because of it.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
God, I hope they're right this time. To get rid of all the bible-nuts in one fell swoop would be awesome. And just think of all the prime real estate that will be available once all that land doesn't need to wasted on churches anymore.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really feel bad for people that fall for that stuff. And if the people predicting such things are serious rather than purposely misleading people for gain, then I feel bad for them as well.

I think the guy that predicts this should sell every single thing he has and stand with nothing but the clothes on his back on the day he predicts. Put his money where his mouth is.

Midnight Pete

Dinner and drinks? No, the end of the world. When Jesus returns to Earth it will be at the end of the world, or so the Good Book says. Personally, I'm not holding my breath because the Good Book also says no one knows the day or hour of his return. Sorry, Nashville.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dinner and drinks? No, the end of the world. When Jesus returns to Earth it will be at the end of the world, or so the Good Book says. Personally, I'm not holding my breath because the Good Book also says no one knows the day or hour of his return. Sorry, Nashville.
When Jesus returns, I plan to give him a tour of my garden.
Then he won't feel the need to end the world.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
What? :eek: No millenial reign of Christ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do believe you're the first. Apparently he wrote a book predicting the end in 1994?
Hm, wonder how that turned out. :shrug:

A re-run of a July ode to dynamic prediction

To urge repentance using fear,
they say the end is almost here.
But then they must
their date adjust
to float so that it's always near.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Is it time to invest in these folks?
No, it's time to eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

I've always liked the command from Ecclesiastes 2:24 KJV "There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soulenjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God."

Last edited: