• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

18 Year Old Wins Seat in West Virginia

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Eighteen-year-old Saira Blair will become the youngest state lawmaker in West Virginia history.

The Republican Saira Blair defeated Democrat Layne Diehl on Tuesday to win a seat in the state House of Delegates to become the youngest state lawmaker in the U.S..

West-Virginia-teen-beats-incumbent-state-delegate-in-GOP-primary.jpg

America is a great place to live.

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
I hope so. Seriously, look at her platform: Issues - dev

She's a friggin' nutcase! She's nothing new. She's just another elitist old white man who pays lip service to Jesus disguised as a teenage white girl.

I have hope knowing that most people that were raised evangelical find their outlook changing quick when they're hit with the real world. Plus, evangelicslism isn't doing that well among the young (18-40) statistically. She's still fresh off the turnip truck :D

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Its not like "adults" have done a good.job. her policies may bother me, her age does.not.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
She dosen't even know what political stance she should take. At 18 yeras old its impossible to know and is most likely just a cookie cutter of her father's policy.

She still probably lives at home and this will most likely be her first real job. Great person to have making laws. As bad as wealthy people are about being disconnected to the woes of the working class a spoiled brat of a family such as this will be even more so.

I would feel the same way for an 18 year old Democrat or communist being elected. They wouldn't know the first thing about anything. I learned more when I was 19 years old moving out of my house than I did in the whole of my life beforehand. Life experiences were that extreme of a difference.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
She dosen't even know what political stance she should take. At 18 yeras old its impossible to know and is most likely just a cookie cutter of her father's policy.

She still probably lives at home and this will most likely be her first real job. Great person to have making laws. As bad as wealthy people are about being disconnected to the woes of the working class a spoiled brat of a family such as this will be even more so.

I would feel the same way for an 18 year old Democrat or communist being elected. They wouldn't know the first thing about anything. I learned more when I was 19 years old moving out of my house than I did in the whole of my life beforehand. Life experiences were that extreme of a difference.

Yeah, I've had this discussion with people before. I completely agree with you. You can take an outstandingly mature and intelligent 18 year old, and it's still an issue. They just haven't had time to be exposed to a variety of situations and life experiences. Their maturity and intelligence will help them deal with those experiences when they have them, and to learn from them, but you can only cram so much learning into 18 years.

I think of myself at 18. I was mature, responsible, and very trustworthy. I was also completely unprepared, despite those qualities, to have informed and nuanced opinions on many of the issues she'll need to be across for the sake of her constituents. I hope she has good advisors, as I suspect it is them who will be making at least some of the running in her first term.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I would rather have a sweet and smart girl like her than a half-kook dimwit old blinking hag like Nancy Pelosi.

It is nice to have diversity in our representatives, including a little diversity from the girls on the go like her. It is amazing how fearful some are.

There is nothing extreme at all in her, doesn't matter that I do not agree with everything she noted on her views, it is great to have her aboard and I have no fear of girls like some do. My only problem is, they sometimes like me just a wee too much which makes my wife mad. I can tell you one thing - they know a LOT more than some think. Yes sir. It is sort of funny, she lands a great job and some are jealous who can't land a job in a Taco Bell.

Well, if you hate her, keep dreaming she will be too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time. Makes it only easier to ride. She probably can walk, chew and shoot too. This is going to be fun!

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I would rather have a sweet and smart girl like her than a half-kook dimwit old blinking hag like Nancy Pelosi.

It is nice to have diversity in our representatives, including a little diversity from the girls on the go like her. It is amazing how fearful some are.

There is nothing extreme at all in her, doesn't matter that I do not agree with everything she noted on her views, it is great to have her aboard and I have no fear of girls like some do. My only problem is, they sometimes like me just a wee too much which makes my wife mad. I can tell you one thing - they know a LOT more than some think. Yes sir. It is sort of funny, she lands a great job and some are jealous who can't land a job in a Taco Bell.

Well, if you hate her, keep dreaming she will be too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time. Makes it only easier to ride. She probably can walk, chew and shoot too. This is going to be fun!

My issues with her have nothing to do with her age or gender. It's entirely about her stances, which are downright batty. The girl is a loon.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Well let us say, pretend, she WAS a loon. I once knew a real loon. First met him at the Napa State Mental Hospital (behind lockup doors) as part of an analysis and write up I did for my University. I saw something in him right away, and we made friends real soon and the free Hershey's chocolate bar and Marlboro pack bought my way into initial open talk.

Well it.turned out he actually was a genius of sorts. Later he inspired another to get into succesful politics as a Reaganite. In fact, the other guy even had some go between with Reagan himself who turned out to be one of our greatest Presidents. So perhaps, albeit distant connection, one might say that a lunitic had a small part to play in the over all picture of a Giant. The world is very small, actually, we are connected in a lot of ways. And from diversity, comes amazing things no one thinks about but end up being "just dandy".

By the way, I met Reagan twice. Great guy.

You know ... electing a real loon might make sense. But not the same loons we have here in the Bay Area. But how about someone who likes space people? Let's just try a little divesity like that. Not go overboard, but ... a little.

She never would call for outlawing divorce. But perhaps electing someone who did think like that could bring a lot of blow your mind discussions from which.some real insights could be born.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So, what happened to the people supporting the candidate who opposed her? Did they forget to vote or what?

The deranged "nutter" in question won by a 9 point margin. That ain't chopped liver.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well let us say, pretend, she WAS a loon. I once knew a real loon. First met him at the Napa State Mental Hospital (behind lockup doors) as part of an analysis and write up I did for my University. I saw something in him right away, and we made friends real soon and the free Hershey's chocolate bar and Marlboro pack bought my way into initial open talk.

Well it.turned out he actually was a genius of sorts. Later he inspired another to get into succesful politics as a Reaganite. In far, the other guy even had some go between with Reagan himself who turned out to be one of our greatest Presidents. So perhaps, albeit distant connection, one might say that a lunitic had a small part to play in the over all picture of a Giant. The world is very small, actually, we are connected in a lot of ways. And from diversity, comes amazing things no one thinks about but end up being "just dandy".

By the way, I met Reagan twice. Great guy.

Screw Reagan. You're not helping your case much.