• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Signs You Might Be An Empire Simp

lukethethird

unknown member
My score is zero. Zero craps given about something so obviously biased list. Like 8. Yes, I live in America and I'll laugh all I want at how dumb NK propaganda is that weaves the Kims into divine leaders.
Sorry, but I don't think starvation sanctions imposed on a country are funny, the masses starve while becoming more dependent on their tyrannical leader solidifying his strength, all imposed by design by western imperialists while you sit back and laugh, and all because way back in 1953 North Korea wished to govern themselves. Good on you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Sure, why not blame the victims for being uneducated if it makes you feel better.
Did I say I'm blaming them? Such a black and white mentality is why I didn't bother with the quiz. Regardless of everything, all things considered, the mythology surrounding the Kims is laughably absurd. It's basically a theocracy, with the Kims being not all that different from a Pharoah in terms of social amd political control and deification.

lukethethird

unknown member
Did I say I'm blaming them? Such a black and white mentality is why I didn't bother with the quiz. Regardless of everything, all things considered, the mythology surrounding the Kims is laughably absurd. It's basically a theocracy, with the Kims being not all that different from a Pharoah in terms of social amd political control and deification.
Yes, I agree, and all thanks, at least to a large extent, to western imposed sanctions that keep the population uneducated and starving. Yes, it's laughably absurd, it's also cruel.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Sorry, but I don't think starvation sanctions imposed on a country are funny, the masses starve while becoming more dependent on their tyrannical leader solidifying his strength, all imposed by design by western imperialists while you sit back and laugh, and all because way back in 1953 North Korea wished to govern themselves. Good on you.
What does any of that have to do with the Kim family creating a preposterous mythology surrounding themselves? That's what she was talking about, so don't get your Hot Topic Che shirt in a twist.

lukethethird

unknown member
What does any of that have to do with the Kim family creating a preposterous mythology surrounding themselves? That's what she was talking about, so don't get your Hot Topic Che shirt in a twist.
My point was that the role of western imperialism created North Korea in the first place, there would otherwise be no Kim family and preposterous mythology to follow.

My point was that the role of western imperialism created North Korea in the first place, there would otherwise be no Kim family and preposterous mythology to follow.

Because no one has had any agency in history except the West therefore everything that happens is because “The West is bad, m’kay” :rolleyes:

The West is especially responsible for Stalinism, Maoism and the foreign policy of the Soviet and Chinese imperialists.

Anyone who doubts that is just one of the sheeple and a simp for empire.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The irony is that Western imperialists had actually zero interest in Korea prior to WW2, when it was under Japanese control. The Russians wanted Korea in the early part of the 20th century, but were defeated by Japan in 1905. By 1944-45, the Axis was facing defeat, and the US and UK wanted to bring the USSR in on their side against Japan, once Germany was defeated. That's when they decided to divide Korea.

While I wouldn't deny the West's imperialist tendencies, I think the division of Korea was conceived more for strategic reasons.

Of course, we had other choices available to us.

We could have not asked for the USSR to declare war on Japan after the defeat of Nazi Germany. We and the UK could have simply decided to defeat Japan on our own, in which case we and the UK would get to dictate the fate of Japan's occupied territories. From an imperialist point of view, it would have meant that all of Korea would have been a Western democratic ally (or a vassal of the American Empire, depending on how one looks at it).

Or, if we really did need the Soviets' help to defeat Japan, we could have either demanded that we occupy all of Korea - or we could have allowed them to occupy all of Korea. We didn't have to divide it in half, especially since Korea was an occupied territory and not responsible for starting the war. They did not deserve to be punished in the same way Germany was.

We faced other hard choices at the time the Korean War broke out. We could have pulled out and let the North Koreans have all of Korea, or we could have followed MacArthur's suggestion and go all out into China, even if it meant having to use the atomic bomb. Instead, we took the middle choice of fighting to a stalemate. And it's been like that ever since, so the North Koreans are some kind of entrenched fortress which feeds into the whole Kim mythos. They were pawns in the Cold War, but when the Soviet Union fell, they should have felt free to drop the Cold War posturing (just as Vietnam did). But they never really "normalized." They continued with the same shtick. They're like those Japanese soldiers from WW2 who were forgotten and survived on islands in the Pacific for decades, not knowing that the war was over.