• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4chan should just be banned from the internet entirely

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I respectfully disagree. Having their own toxic playground keeps them distracted from bringing their toxicity elsewhere, including here.

No one is making you visit the site. Simply don't click 4chan links and all will be right as rain. :)

Massimo2002

I respectfully disagree. Having their own toxic playground keeps them distracted from bringing their toxicity elsewhere, including here.

No one is making you visit the site. Simply don't click 4chan links and all will be right as rain. :)
Okay but what if someone was forcing me to visit 4chan then what ?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So many trolls and hate mongers on that place just utterly sickening.
Even trolls and hate mongers need to have their voice and a place to release steam and pressure.

Think of it as a safety pressure valve to help prevent things from exploding.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm not sure what forcing you to visit the site would look like. Help me to understand. How can someone force you to visit?
It's a bit like a moth to a flame isn't it?

One can't just help themselves , but truth be told if you don't like something , the best recourse is to just avoid what you don't like.

There's something for everyone, and one person can't set the standard for everyone no more or less than everyone can set the standard for a single person.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
4chan has produced some of the greatest memes around even if it is a cesspool for the most part. No, it shouldn't be banned from the internet because your feelings got hurt browsing it.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I'm not sure what forcing you to visit the site would look like. Help me to understand. How can someone force you to visit?
501182_1_En_9_Figa_HTML.png

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Just don't look at it. I view 4chan as an unabashed torch carrier of the old Internet where you could say what you want, before corporations took it over and ruined it. I don't use it, though.
What wasn't ruined about it from the start? Entitled, wealthy frat boy types who don't want to take responsibility for their actions amd excuse bullying and bad behaviors as joking and positive reinforcement isn't exactly a positive thing.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The early days of internet freedom and anarchy was the product of Silicon Valley frat boys and vulture capitalists who wanted unlimited free speech without consequences.
You mean the early days of the www. You weren't alive in the early days of the internet. We had anarchy and free speech then, but that didn't mean there were no consequences. E.g., insults weren't seen as free speech, and if you were a snowflake, you'd write to the postmaster of the entity providing the internet (usually a university) and many a jerk lost his account.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
As others have pointed out, 4chan is easy to avoid. But if you do venture there then you have to accept the possibility of being exposed to unpleasant stuff as par for the course of the 4chan experience. Either grow a thicker skin or simply don't go there.

That said, the SFW (safe for work) boards are usually not as bad as some will make them out to be. I'll occasionally check out boards such as /x/ (paranormal), /fit/ (fitness), /news/ (current news), /v/ (video games) ect. The content there is usually no worse than the content of various discussion boards I frequented as a teenager. It's almost nostalgic actually.

The noxious stuff is usually limited to the NSFW (not safe for work) boards. /b/ (random) and /pol/ (politically incorrect) being the two most notorious ones. Even in 4chan itself the really offensive stuff is - for the most part - avoidable. If it's under the "worksafe" heading then you're not likely to encounter anything THAT bad.

4chan is not a "nice" place but I don't think it should be forced off the internet. There should be at least some places on the internet where you don't risk getting banned because you hurt the feelings of the woke-leftist crowd who dominate places such as Reddit.

Last edited: