• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

666 calculation

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
The video's actually pretty cool if you put it on mute and skip the first stuff about Revelation.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
What is with rappers and dumb@$$es (sorry for being redundant) not knowing how to actually rhyme? Its not that hard, given the existence of rhymezone.com.

And his mathematical argument is completely asinine. You can find all sorts of cool patterns with the number 666. Its the largest repdigit triangular number, and the sum of the square of the first 7 primes. Big whoop. 665 probably has just as many cool characteristics. Every interpretation of the number 666 has regarded in false predictions and nonsense. But the nonsense part should be no surprise, given that it comes from the mentally deranged book of Revelation.

BruceDLimber

In fact, IOV there's no "calculation" to be done!

666 is a YEAR, specifically, the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ; and denotes the year the first beast corrupted Islam.

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Read the description at the youtube page. Here is the real calculation.
Hm. I came up with a different calculation:
8008135.jpg

johannes

6 is the number of human.
5 is the number of animals.
Human has the number 6 because it has the sixth spirit namely imagination.
666 is the number of a fully developed human.

ellenjanuary

Man, your numerology is messed up. Five is the number of man. Five fingers, five toes, the five pointed star... six is the number of science. Days of creation are six, it was a science experiment.

Then again, I could be wrong. ;)

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
In fact, IOV there's no "calculation" to be done!

666 is a YEAR, specifically, the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ; and denotes the year the first beast corrupted Islam.

Simple as that.

Bruce
I don't think it is. Especially since, when reading Revelations, or the Bible in general, there is no mention of Islam. There isn't even a suggestion about Islam.

All the calculations that people want to make can be done. However, there really is little reason for that.

BruceDLimber

I don't think it is.

You are most welcome to your opinions. But a few of us disagree.

Especially since, when reading Revelations, or the Bible in general, there is no mention of Islam. There isn't even a suggestion about Islam.

So sorry, but you're quite mistaken!

Not only are Chapters 11 and 13 of the Book of Revelation about Islam, but there are many other details as well!

I refer you to this book for more details than you can imagine!:

Go to: www.bahai-library.org

and click "Books" and then "The Apocalypse: An Exegesis"

where you'll find a verse-by-verse interpretation of the entire Book of Revelation! (You'll find these pages particularly relevant: 16, 113, 119-120, 211n, 215n, especially 120 and 211n.)

Bruce

crocusj

In my opinion, numerology is one of the largest wastes of time other than watching the grass grow.

However...various research projects have been carried out recently to find out the most viable grass to grow in order to revitalise middle eastern economies. Chrysopogon zizanioides came out well on top. It requires a soil pH of 6.66 (middle east average). It thrives best on a planting slip spacing 66.6 cm with a fertilisation programme of Phosphorus and Potash @ 66.6kg/ha (preferably with a humidity of 66.6%). If planted on sloping ground it will prevent soil erosion up to the astonishing inclination of 66.6%. and under perfect conditions (middle east) will yield: gazing at 6 week intervals, 6.6 cm of growth; 6 hectares produces 6.6 tonnes live weight gain in foraging goats; 6 hectares will support 66 goats producing 666 litres of milk per day. And the most bizarre bit is that (if green) combusts at 666 degrees.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
However...various research projects have been carried out recently to find out the most viable grass to grow in order to revitalise middle eastern economies. Chrysopogon zizanioides came out well on top. It requires a soil pH of 6.66 (middle east average). It thrives best on a planting slip spacing 66.6 cm with a fertilisation programme of Phosphorus and Potash @ 66.6kg/ha (preferably with a humidity of 66.6%). If planted on sloping ground it will prevent soil erosion up to the astonishing inclination of 66.6%. and under perfect conditions (middle east) will yield: gazing at 6 week intervals, 6.6 cm of growth; 6 hectares produces 6.6 tonnes live weight gain in foraging goats; 6 hectares will support 66 goats producing 666 litres of milk per day. And the most bizarre bit is that (if green) combusts at 666 degrees.

Ha, interesting if true (but something tells me most of these figures have error bars and only the figures including the 6's were selectively reported), but still ultimately meaningless. Mathematical coincidences are extremely common. You can pick any number at all and find at least a few things that seem amazing and mysteriously connected to any random number you can think of.

crocusj

Ha, interesting if true (but something tells me most of these figures have error bars and only the figures including the 6's were selectively reported), but still ultimately meaningless. Mathematical coincidences are extremely common. You can pick any number at all and find at least a few things that seem amazing and mysteriously connected to any random number you can think of.

Oh Meow, of course it's not true (though I did look up the name of the grass to give added authenticity) and I guess that the point is that it would sound convincing round a dinner table as a numeroligist passes out his cards...numbers are incredibly rigid in their laws and yet so bendy in their interpretation. I've been very lucky to have this pass me by 'cos I can't count.

Sonic247

I'm not sure where that's from, but it is kind of interesting... Revelation mentions the seven spirits of God so idk. And Revelation also seems to say the beast will be an impressive character- "and the whole world wondered after the beast.. etc."