• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

666 calculation

johannes

I'm not sure where that's from, but it is kind of interesting... Revelation mentions the seven spirits of God so idk. And Revelation also seems to say the beast will be an impressive character- "and the whole world wondered after the beast.. etc."
Yes, God has the number 7 = his spirits.
Human has the number 6 = his spirits.
Fish for instance has the number 4 = their spirits.
Fish has 4 senses while animal has 5 senses.
Fish dont have the sense of hearing, their ear is only a balancing "act"
Hearing as well as sight were developed on land.
You might not like to hear this but Satan has six of the seven spirits o9f God and all 6 were developed on earth.
Jesus developed the sixth sense of Human, namely imagination. The reason is;
we never saw Jesus we had to imagine him and what an imagination it brought!!
We imagined to go to heaven and we developed space craft etc.
The No six also presents the soul namely six senses, but when imagination developed fully we receive the No 666. Imagination did not developed all at once, for instance; some animals also have imagination like a dog and we can then say he has the No 66 while humal has a more developed imagination therefore the No 666.
Human is short of one last spirit namely the 7th spirit which witch bring mortality. The Holy Ghost = the six senses of human. The word Holy Ghost has the meaning of the rational mind. Therefore all humans have the Holy Ghost.

Muffled

Jesus in me
In fact, IOV there's no "calculation" to be done!

666 is a YEAR, specifically, the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ; and denotes the year the first beast corrupted Islam.

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Which would that be? The group that believes religion is inherited or the one that believed religon should be proseletyzed by military might. The Bible seems to favor the latter as the corrupter, saying it turned people into believing in the god of forces (I suppose in Roman terms that would be Aries).

Muffled

Jesus in me
6 is the number of human.
5 is the number of animals.
Human has the number 6 because it has the sixth spirit namely imagination.
666 is the number of a fully developed human.

Actually 666 only gives the appearance of humanity. It adds to nine which is the number of destruction and force.

The number of Jesus is 888 which gives an otherwordliness to Him but in the end it adds to 6 which is not just the number of man but also is the number of peace and perfection.

Muffled

Jesus in me
In my opinion, numerology is one of the largest wastes of time other than watching the grass grow.

Meow = 2 and mix = 1 which sums to 3.

I love math myself. There is no escaping it. It exists throughout creation. No doubt nubers have meanings. One means something entirely different from two. (and three is a crowd, lol)

BTW Muffled adds to 4 which has to do with enduring trials according to the Bible. It is also the number of the cross (four arms to a cross).

You can hardly breathe without a number (2 nostrils).

johannes

Actually 666 only gives the appearance of humanity. It adds to nine which is the number of destruction and force.

The number of Jesus is 888 which gives an otherwordliness to Him but in the end it adds to 6 which is not just the number of man but also is the number of peace and perfection.
Where did you get the No888 from. I believe the No 8 is for the future. Jesus has the No 666 because he brought the soul = 6

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist

You are most welcome to your opinions. But a few of us disagree.

So sorry, but you're quite mistaken!

Not only are Chapters 11 and 13 of the Book of Revelation about Islam, but there are many other details as well!

I refer you to this book for more details than you can imagine!:

Go to: www.bahai-library.org

and click "Books" and then "The Apocalypse: An Exegesis"

where you'll find a verse-by-verse interpretation of the entire Book of Revelation! (You'll find these pages particularly relevant: 16, 113, 119-120, 211n, 215n, especially 120 and 211n.)

Bruce
I do have to disagree with John makes it quite clear that he is talking about current times.

666 is the number of the Beast. It refers to Caesar Nero. More so, John tells us that these things will happen soon. Not in the distant future, but soon. That really is the only way it makes sense as there would be no reason for him to address this message to specific churches if it had nothing to do with them.

A

angellous_evangellous

Actually, the number is 616, so alll of these calculations are incorrect.

ellenjanuary

That may well be, but this phenomena does not appear in the New Testament.
I know not-think! ;)

I heard it was a mistaken sextant reading from the constellation Leo; and because I'm sitting here drinking coffee and spinning my wheels, I'm over here scrounging the net. I like numerology, but I certainly do not insist that such means anything by itself. ;)

ellenjanuary

It seems that the oldest surviving fragment of Revelations has the number of the beast as 616, which still works for Nero with no extra 'n'. And 666 is just a marketing scam. :p

A

angellous_evangellous

It seems that the oldest surviving fragment of Revelations has the number of the beast as 616, which still works for Nero with no extra 'n'. And 666 is just a marketing scam. :p

Just a note on the extra "n" - I think that it's the "final nun" that's added to the end of Hebrew word / phases. It's not actually a letter, but more like a punctuation mark.

BruceDLimber

666 is the number of the Beast. It refers to Caesar Nero.

That's a common interpretation, but one we view as incorrect. And as I pointed out, used as a year it fits quite well.

More so, John tells us that these things will happen soon. Not in the distant future, but soon. That really is the only way it makes sense as there would be no reason for him to address this message to specific churches if it had nothing to do with them.

The only problem is that same "soon" message was believed by a lot of Christians back then until it became clear that there would be a considerable delay before any fulfillment!

Besides, there are other prophecies that do give exact years (in addition to the 666 one) that in retrospect were indeed accurate! If you're interested, you can see these at:

www.bci.org/prophecy-fulfilled

Bruce