• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A 35,000-year flute refutes the idea of historic evolution

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The dedication to art can't be understated.... It's easy to be an artist in an agrarian world... much harder to be a skilled artisan in a hunter gatherer society. Especially one so long ago.

Plus working with bone... sucks. It's stinky, oily and generally tough to work with. :bonk:

wa:do

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Oh come now, how many times has science been way off the mark with dating artifacts?
And, what is it? a five hole seven note flute or a seven hole flute?
Lastly, Western music is based on a 12 note equal temperament system.

Hint: Notes can be played on wind instruments while covering all, or none, of the tone holes.

Temperament =/= Scale

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
There are some nice ones, though.

gallery.photo16Large.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Because intelligent and conscious behavior is unique to human beings.
Many animal species have social structures and behaviors. Dolphins especially are very sociably creatures. Wolves have strict social hierarchy that their survival depends on. Gorillas, chimps, apes, etc., also exhibit social behaviors. The also have developed the intelligence to use several tools to better themselves. Certain parrots are also known to kill themselves when their lives become very hard, such as having an abusive owner. Intelligence and conscious behavior are far from being human exclusive. 90 some percent of our DNA matches a chimpanzee, 70 some percent a dog, and 30 something a daffodil.
And a 35,000 year old flute would only prove what we already know, which is, the earth is not young, and that man appeared relatively recently.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Hint: Notes can be played on wind instruments while covering all, or none, of the tone holes.

Temperament =/= Scale
Ok, so if there are 5 holes it is probably a Pentatonic scale, which was the norm back then, if that is the case where do you get this 7 note scale from?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Ok, so if there are 5 holes it is probably a Pentatonic scale, which was the norm back then, if that is the case where do you get this 7 note scale from?

Perhaps you missed this the first time:

TurkeyOnRye

Like the above posts have said, there is no controversy. Early modern humans were already cultivating Earth's soil 250,000 years ago. In the world of anthropology, finding such a recent instrument like that is akin to me unearthing a rock in my back yard.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
um.... your date for agriculture is a little off...
Agriculture is about 10,000 years old... not 250,000 years.
H.sapiens is only a little older than 200,000 years old.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Early modern humans were already cultivating Earth's soil 250,000 years ago.
Farming is a fairly new trick. When civilazations started to stay put, rather than travel from place to place following food, is when farming came about. Maybe 8 - 10,000 years for the ones that caught on first.

TurkeyOnRye

um.... your date for agriculture is a little off...
Agriculture is about 10,000 years old... not 250,000 years.
H.sapiens is only a little older than 200,000 years old.

Farming is a fairly new trick. When civilazations started to stay put, rather than travel from place to place following food, is when farming came about. Maybe 8 - 10,000 years for the ones that caught on first.

Oops! My mistake. In my mind, I transposed the rise of Homo Sapiens with that of agriculture...and I still would have been wrong. :p