• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christian believes --------------------------------?

Questioning

*Banned*
That God are 3-in-one, instead of One?
That Jesus DIDN'T die?
That the Penalty God gave Adam and Eve was an Eternity in Hellfire?

(Let me know if you want MORE!)

Heyo

Veteran Member

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So what was the body Thomas touched in the story?
If the story is even true I believe it had to be a spiritual body, even though it appeared to be physical.

Since Jesus could perform miracles he certainly could make his spiritual body appear physical to restore the faith of his disciples.

Nimos

That God are 3-in-one, instead of One?
It depends on whether you believe in the Trinity or not, both views are considered Christian ones.

That Jesus DIDN'T die?
Jesus did die but rose again. If he didn't, then the saying that "he died for our sins" is even more meaningless than it already is. :)

That the Penalty God gave Adam and Eve was an Eternity in Hellfire?
No, I don't think any Christians believe that, not sure where you got that from?

Genesis 3:14-19
14 - The LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.
15 - I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
16 - To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be contrary to your husband, but he shall rule over you.”
17 - And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
18 - thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field.

19 - By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

There is nothing about suffering an eternity in hellfire. In fact hell is questionable when looking at the OT, it is something that is mainly introduced in the NT and then seems to have later been said to be referenced in the OT in regards to certain verses, but this is again quite a long shot in my opinion.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus did die but rose again. If he didn't, then the saying that "he died for our sins" is even more meaningless than it already is. :)
But if Jesus came back to life he did not really die for our sins.
He was only dead for three days, like a person who is in a coma and then wakes up. ;)

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Well, all of you- DID JESUS DIE?
I believe ‘Jesus’ is alive on earth now and when he dies he will be made new as a young boy along with a new earth. It’s a beautiful endless story imo. If one were to ask when was the first time this happened I would say the answer is now. All things are new each time. It’s difficult to grasp but God gives understanding to this through his infinite physical nature. Nothing is greater than him imo.

Nimos

But if Jesus came back to life he did not really die for our sins.
He was only dead for three days, like a person who is in a coma and then wakes up. ;)
Looking past the awfulness of an all-powerful God allowing his son to be sacrificed for something that he himself caused, is pretty immoral.
And as you wrote, he rose 3 days later, it's like having a rough weekend. :)

And if one is in support of the trinity it becomes slightly more strange, as it is basically God himself, so it is not even all that impressive to be honest.

But if one completely removes the "he died" then there is nothing to it at all, so at least to me, a Christian would have to make the argument that he died to give the sacrifice some sort of meaning, because again it is already hanging in a very thin thread in so many ways.

Anyway, the purpose was not to argue against it, simply to give my answer to the question the OP had about it. :)

jimb

Premium Member
Looking past the awfulness of an all-powerful God allowing his son to be sacrificed for something that he himself caused, is pretty immoral.
And as you wrote, he rose 3 days later, it's like having a rough weekend. :)

And if one is in support of the trinity it becomes slightly more strange, as it is basically God himself, so it is not even all that impressive to be honest.

But if one completely removes the "he died" then there is nothing to it at all, so at least to me, a Christian would have to make the argument that he died to give the sacrifice some sort of meaning, because again it is already hanging in a very thin thread in so many ways.

Anyway, the purpose was not to argue against it, simply to give my answer to the question the OP had about it. :)
Do you expect anyone to respect what you wrote?

jimb

Premium Member
Jesus had to return to a spiritual body to return to heaven.
Where in the Bible does it say that? The person that appeared to people (on the shore, in Gethsemane, walking along the road, with the apostles, etc.) had a real body.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Baha'is believe that Jesus died and did not rise from the dead, which makes the sacrifice meaningful. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
NOT what the Bible says.
I don't care what the Bible says about the resurrection and the ascension of Jesus. I am not a Christian.
Was he "resurrection" his Immortal Soul (not in the Bible) returning?
Jesus was not going to return at all. It was the Christ spirit that was going to return, in another man.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.