• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A CONSERVATIVE solution to global warming (Part 1)

tytlyf

Not Religious
Potholer gives insight into capitalism and global warming solutions working together. We no longer roll our sleeves up and get to work in America.
20 min video, worth it though. Part 2 be out soon. Some good insight in this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thanks, I would have seen this later today, as I am subscribed, but sooner is better.

Once again Potholer54 knocks one out of the park.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nail, I'd like to introduce you to hammer. Because of the unAmerican attitude toward finding solutions, we're handing our economy and the technical future to China. I think that the energy companies are far ahead of the right wing when it comes to finding solutions. Unfortunately the right wing actively is trying to stop the problem from being solved including by capitalist solutions which hurts our future prosperity.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Potholer gives insight into capitalism and global warming solutions working together. We no longer roll our sleeves up and get to work in America.
20 min video, worth it though. Part 2 be out soon. Some good insight in this.

Hello. Well, at least he accepts the science behind climate change. It would be wonderful if most 'conservatives' in the US did as well. But the problems we face from capitalism go far beyond just climate change and that is why the system must be erradicated. Unfortunately I do not see that happening anytime soon.

PureX

Veteran Member
Decisions based on greed (the maximization of profit) are never going to serve humanity. And until humanity is willing to face this fact, and put a stop to this kind of greed-based decision-making, we will continue to suffer, and we will continue to damage the only habitat capable of sustaining us. Capitalism is SUICIDAL. And it's just a matter of time.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Hello. Well, at least he accepts the science behind climate change. It would be wonderful if most 'conservatives' in the US did as well. But the problems we face from capitalism go far beyond just climate change and that is why the system must be erradicated. Unfortunately I do not see that happening anytime soon.

I never accepted the science of climate change because it's wrong, dead wrong. Anytime I get bored enough to actually sift through some of the data it refutes something the climate change paranoia camp claim. I mean, I have some interest in terms of pollution concerns because let's face it that is going to kill people faster than global warming. But, global warming is a complicated subject and there is still the fact that the randomness of the sun counters any action we can directly take. If it is a particularly active solar year we're going to have heat waves and whatnot no matter what we're doing.

When I talk of data, it's more likely moving the "posts" of the science to fit the narrative. For example, we had periods where the earth was 10 degrees warmer on average than it is now in the Minoan period... How does science deal with this? They pretend it doesn't exist by clipping their data charts at 0 A.D. :D I find it amusing, nonetheless, I'm just encouraging people to not trust others on this and go look up things on their own. Learn about world temperatures over longer periods of time, what constitutes the bulk of the greenhouse gases (hint: water vapor), and ask yourself if going postal over it is a valid response. Certainly, we shouldn't be polluting and we should be developing non-fossil power for our health (and economics) but not because of some made up climate change paranoia.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I wonder when some idiot is going to claim global warming doesn't exist.
Edit: Already?!?!:eek:

Audie

Veteran Member
Decisions based on greed (the maximization of profit) are never going to serve humanity. And until humanity is willing to face this fact, and put a stop to this kind of greed-based decision-making, we will continue to suffer, and we will continue to damage the only habitat capable of sustaining us. Capitalism is SUICIDAL. And it's just a matter of time.

Naximizing profit..so productivity, efficiency, design improvement, etc
will never serve humanity.

Capitalism exactly equals greed exactly equals suicide.

Complete with historical inevitability, 19th century
thinking.

People are never going to "ubderstand" nonsense",

To mangle a phrsse a bit, the arc is long but it it curves
toward the truth.

Audie

Veteran Member
I never accepted the science of climate change because it's wrong, dead wrong. Anytime I get bored enough to actually sift through some of the data it refutes something the climate change paranoia camp claim. I mean, I have some interest in terms of pollution concerns because let's face it that is going to kill people faster than global warming. But, global warming is a complicated subject and there is still the fact that the randomness of the sun counters any action we can directly take. If it is a particularly active solar year we're going to have heat waves and whatnot no matter what we're doing.

When I talk of data, it's more likely moving the "posts" of the science to fit the narrative. For example, we had periods where the earth was 10 degrees warmer on average than it is now in the Minoan period... How does science deal with this? They pretend it doesn't exist by clipping their data charts at 0 A.D. :D I find it amusing, nonetheless, I'm just encouraging people to not trust others on this and go look up things on their own. Learn about world temperatures over longer periods of time, what constitutes the bulk of the greenhouse gases (hint: water vapor), and ask yourself if going postal over it is a valid response. Certainly, we shouldn't be polluting and we should be developing non-fossil power for our health (and economics) but not because of some made up climate change paranoia.

Please provide reference for your Minoan / 10
degrees. (F or C, 10.0, not 9.327 or 10. O71)
Are you reporting fact or hypothesis?

Do you find the reporting of hypothesis as fact
to be amusing?

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Hello.

"I never accepted the science of climate change..."

Fortunately, reality does not depend on your acceptance of it. :)

The science on this is so clear that debating it is silly. It is like debating the reality of evolution.

There is still much that is not known about how earth's systems will react to it and where the tipping point is. But those are different issues entirely.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Hello.

"I never accepted the science of climate change..."

Fortunately, reality does not depend on your acceptance of it. :)

The science on this is so clear that debating it is silly. It is like debating the reality of evolution.

There is still much that is not known about how earth's system will react to it and where the tipping point is. But those are different issues entirely.

Except, in this case... It's merely a religion masquerading as science. I don't have to accept anything, they have to prove what they claim. There is no proof of global warming (anything beyond what has been experienced before), so don't look too far for that one.

And, your notions are rubbish... There is plenty to debate about climate change, evolution, etc... While these ideas are popular there are certainly issues to dispute. If any scientist doesn't admit this to you outright disregard them and find another source. :D

Audie

Veteran Member
Except, in this case... It's merely a religion masquerading as science. I don't have to accept anything, they have to prove what they claim. There is no proof of global warming (anything beyond what has been experienced before), so don't look too far for that one.

And, your notions are rubbish... There is plenty to debate about climate change, evolution, etc... While these ideas are popular there are certainly issues to dispute. If any scientist doesn't admit this to you outright disregard them and find another source. :D

Are you saying that science is to do proof,
and that evolution (etc) (?) is comparable
to AGW, as unproven, religion not science..?

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Hello. As to your statement "there is no proof of global warming," you do recognize that the greenhouse effect is the only reason earth is habitable, yes? That is, without that mechanism, the surface of the our planet would be frozen over. That is basic, elementary science. So dumping more and more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere is going to do what to the climate?

I know that most people with your view will never change their mind. My hope is simply that eventually the number of science deniers will be reduced to the point of irrelevancy.

PureX

Veteran Member
Maximizing profit ... so productivity, efficiency, design improvement, etc
will never serve humanity.
No, because these actions are only being employed in the service of the capitalist's prime directive: to maximize the profits returned to the capital investors. It is an economic philosophy and system based solely on greed.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello. As to your statement "there is no proof of global warming," you do recognize that the greenhouse effect is the only reason earth is habitable, yes?
No. The earth is kept warm by magic. Science thinks it can figure out cause and effect, such as when someone poops in the water they drink it makes them sick, but that has no basis in reality. Things are the way they are because of reasons no one can figure out. One person's opinion about it is just as valid as any others. Betty in the checkout lane at the supermarket knows just as much about global warming as these "experts".

Why should we change our behaviors, just because some so-called "experts" who study these things for their whole lives imagine it has something to do with us. It's just the will of God, and there's nothing we can do about it. You must excuse me. I'm going to go build my house on the banks of the river. God made it low right now for a reason!

Welcome to America. **** reality!

Audie

Veteran Member
No, because these actions are only being employed in the service of the capitalist's prime directive: to maximize the profits returned to the capital investors. It is an economic philosophy and system based solely on greed.

I have an uncle who thinks that way. He
was heavily involved in the cultural revolution.
Still stuck in that anti capitalist mindset,
we know better than to get him started.

He cant work now so the family gives him
money.

I am guessing you are somewhere on the
lower economic rungs in your society?
You dont write like ivory tower. Resentment
must be it, then.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I have an uncle who thinks that way. He
was heavily involved in the cultural revolution.
Still stuck in that anti capitalist mindset,
we know better than to get him started.

He cant work now so the family gives him
money.

I am guessing you are somewhere on the
lower economic rungs in your society?
You dont write like ivory tower. Resentment
must be it, then.

Hello. So you are saying that pointing out the evils of capitalism means one is poor and simply motivated by resentment? I don't understand that line of reasoning. I would suggest that using a small (n = 1, your uncle), biased sample to generalize like that is not very meaningful.

Rational Agnostic

I wonder when some idiot is going to claim global warming doesn't exist.
Edit: Already?!?!:eek:

Global warming is occurring, that is true. Whether it's caused by humans or natural processes is unknown. I used to be convinced that climate change was caused by humans, however, after learning more, I realized the evidence isn't as strong as I previously thought.