• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A judge's robe

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
1. I thought it was a she.

2. Perhaps, just perhaps this person is expressing their impartiality by anouncing that they believe they will have a higher power to come face to face with after death, and this person does not want to have any injustices on their head?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mister Emu said:
1. I thought it was a she.
The judge's secretary was a she.

2. Perhaps, just perhaps this person is expressing their impartiality by anouncing that they believe they will have a higher power to come face to face with after death, and this person does not want to have any injustices on their head?
I suspect you're a hopeless optimist, Mr. Emu. But I really like the way you try to find good in people, such as trying to find good in this judge.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
The judge's secretary was a she.
Ok, the name Ashely got me I guess, I've never thought of it as a male name :)

I suspect you're a hopeless optimist, Mr. Emu. But I really like the way you try to find good in people, such as trying to find good in this judge.
I would rather be an optimist than a pessimist :D :woohoo:

Runt

I wonder... if I ever had to go before this judge, would I be given a fair trial if I wore, say, a blouse with the words of the Wiccan Rede embroidered upon it?

No*s

Captain Obvious
pah said:
But it certainly wouldn't be good for Muslims and Atheists in his court. If I was a defendant, I could not ask that he take off the robe and expect impartial rulings

That is exactly why I feel it is a sad situation...

Sunstone said:
Ya mean to say, Isis-Astoroth, that it just doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling all over to see a law judge embroider his robe with the Ten Commandments? Maybe if he had also embroidered his robe with the Biblical punnishments, such as stoning someone to death, you'd come around and see just how beautiful it is to follow our most ancient traditions when it comes to the law?
Your sarcasm aside, it isn't my ancient tradition.