• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A lot Of People Talk About Needing Evidence To Believe There’s A God

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me this is the Logic of Born again, Saved.
Reborn and saved.

To me in logic we can see God with new eyes with eyes born mortal and corruptible becoming reborn transformed Sanctified immortal and incorruptible, becoming again, re-Sanctified saved, glorified and transfigured.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

Prayers go out for all in the binds of Cancer and hopefully and faithfully may the Lord deliver us all from the pains and sickness of mortality.

We all know the Lord did not promise eternal life on earth, only a more abundant life, but he also promised eternal life in Heaven for all mankind. We often ask how can it be that we all carry the same cross And on a hopeful note some say it is not fair, because we have to give up all our time for His time. And we know His time is eternal life of fulfilled Divine Love.

The "miracle beyond words" that always works in logic and faith is that we know and do all pray for all to become well.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To me in logic and faith, the sacraments of Death to life are Baptism, new life for the flesh and Penance, new life for the spirit.
Huh?
We know only God has the power to forgive sins and on earth at the cross with Dismas, Jesus forgives and also again with the paralyzed man, Jesus says, arise and walk, what is greater to walk again or that sins be forgiven? the paralyzed man who carried his mat on the Sabbath, who carries his mat, his burden with him is proof The Christ.
We "know" nothing of the kind. You're just repeating popular mythology, ie: preaching.
The healing of the paralyzed man is folklore; a story, just as the defeat of Narnia's White Witch or Middle Earth's Sauron. The popularity of a story is not evidence of its truth.
And in logic and faith is the mind, the intelligence of Creaton as the Will of the Father in the flesh of the Person of Jesus is God. And at the Casket, He takes hold of the casket and the dead man sits up and begins to talk and Jesus gives him back to his mother. And the Person of Jesus conceived in the Will of the Father, the Person of the Holy Spirit, leaves behind for all the Holy Spirit Person from the Cross when He says, “It is finished.” He "Gives up the Ghost," and leaves behind for all mankind to share as one in being, the Paraclete, the Advocate, the Holy Spirit Person who becomes the Person, the will of The Father, the intelligence of Creation manifesting through Our own flesh for the soul of our own personal Christ as “What would Jesus do in all cases of fulfilled faith and morality."
More unevidenced folklore.
Your beliefs are based on faith, not evidence, reason, or logic. Faith is poorly evidenced belief -- at best.
The logic in The Kingdom of the Divine Will and the faith of Abraham has more power than any of the finite disciplines of earth to me.
I don't think you understand what logic is.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If life itself, a miracle beyond words, isn’t enough evidence then I don’t know what to tell you.
Generally, I agree. I might put it a bit differently - acceptance of the gods is more or less accepting that there are things out there that are bigger, grander, or more spectacular than humans. Reveling in that awe, being inspired by that mystery, and seeing the sacred majesty before you. It's a response that comes out of our relationship with the greater world or life experience itself. Evidence is part of that, but it's certainly not the point or the most relevant aspect of accepting the gods.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We become again into the image of Creation for the Father, in logic.
True, we become the state of the spirit selected at transformation, through death and resurrection in logic and through faith.
Again, how does logic fit into this? Show your work, please.
Faith? How is faith evidence of anything? It's empirically unjustified belief.
If Pixies are the selected spirit, the spirit that manifests immortality, incorruptibility becoming glorified and transfigured becoming the image of creation than true, by selection of the being in the body, with choice. What spirit manifests the flesh through the soul is the selected state of the being at glorification and transfiguration.

In logic and through manifestation by the spirit, we become the fulfilled faith and morality of the selected spirit.
or, we become the image through the fulfilled faith and morality of the Creator God for The Father.
The pixies were an analogy, not a proposed alternative.
You are misusing the word "logic."
You're presupposing this "Spirit" -- and please define what you mean here by "faith."
The "morality of the creator God?" God, as depicted in the Bible, is impulsive, vengeful, cruel, incompetent and thoroughly immoral, by any normal human standards, is He not?
"...morality of the Creator God for The Father?" What Father are you referring to?
To me in logic, What must we do for salvation in logic is through Choice.
What does this mean?

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
If one is making a guess about something, that's one thing. But if you're saying that something is true, it's a fair question to ask how you reached that conclusion. If the only evidence we have is that "something" happened and the result is the life we see here on Earth, then that's all we can conclude. But we have no evidence as to "who" or "what" may have caused this "something" to happen.

Frankly, I don't see why it's even necessary to draw any conclusions anyway. Why is it so necessary for people to assume that "there is a god" or that "there must be a god"? Yes, life exists (and maybe it's a miracle), but why is it necessary to take any kind of stance beyond that?
Like I said, there’s nothing more I can tell someone who doesn’t believe God exists. The only evidence I can offer is the mind blowing miracle of life.

Last edited:

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Generally, I agree. I might put it a bit differently - acceptance of the gods is more or less accepting that there are things out there that are bigger, grander, or more spectacular than humans. Reveling in that awe, being inspired by that mystery, and seeing the sacred majesty before you. It's a response that comes out of our relationship with the greater world or life experience itself. Evidence is part of that, but it's certainly not the point or the most relevant aspect of accepting the gods.
Life is all there is so it is relevant.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Everyone accepts that there are big, grand things out there. What I don't accept is the claim of a conscious, intentional, magical creator.

Ontological reality is what's being claimed -- and what I'm not seeing evidence of.
You seem to be claiming here that truth is irrelevant and that the utility of the belief is what's important.
Some of us are interested in what's real or true, not just what's useful.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
To me and logic, there is only one spirit of truth that manifest infallible certain for static unfailing, yet dynamically fulfilled, eternal love.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Not just a god. But anything. To believe X, I require evidence to rationally justify belief in X

How is that evidence for a god?

Then what are you doing creating a thread about it?

Also, if you "don't know what to tell us", doesn't that kind of imply that you acknowledge that it's not actually evidence in any way?
Wouldn't you be able to explain how it is evidence if it is actually evidence?
Life itself is evidence. It’s more than just atoms like some people think. Life is a miracle. A literal miracle.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
If life itself, a miracle beyond words, isn’t enough evidence then I don’t know what to tell you.
I don't think we know enough to be able to say for sure that life is a miracle

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said, there’s nothing more I can tell someone who doesn’t believe God exists. The only evidence I can offer is the mind blowing miracle of life.

If "something" exists, and we call it "God" because we don't know what it is and we can't think of anything else to call it, then we still don't know what that "something" actually is. And if we don't know what it is that we're called upon to "believe in," why do we need to believe in it in the first place? And if we don't believe, we go to hell?

It may turn out that we've all been victims of some bizarre practical joke. People take life and the universe and God as if it's some big serious thing, but what if it's all just some big amusement park? How can anyone prove it's not? Or maybe our existence is just some form of entertainment. On planets across the universe, perhaps the Earth is presented as a big reality show. Humans in their natural habitat.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But it's neither mind blowing nor a miracle. Life's mechanisms are pretty well understood.
Lack of understanding does not a miracle make -- even if it blows your mind.