• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A lot Of People Talk About Needing Evidence To Believe There’s A God

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And right there is the gulf in perception the OP points to. To some of us, everything in existence is miraculous. To others, nothing is. These appear to be non commensurate paradigms.

Not sure why you have provided a link to the Kalam argument
How are you defining "miraculous?" If it means merely remarkable, I'd agree with you, but I take it to mean in violation of the laws and constants of nature.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me in logic, the plan is to get the intelligence of Creation becoming infallible certainty becoming again the fulfilled eternal flesh and spirit of created mankind.

In Logic and through faith, Adam and Eve created choice from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. The logic is in the creation on the greatest gift of Love itself. Eve gave up her mortal life to bring spirit and life to Adam. Adam and Eve knew the conditions and Adam's only choice now was to live alone forever or die with the gifts of spirit and life brought to him. He can choose to live alone without the love of Eve of to die with the Love of Eve. Love Created. To me in logic and through faith, the New Adam, the Person of the Holy Spirit is the Will of Creation conceived in the Person of Jesus, The Christ who resurrects eternal fulfilled Divine Love through the Power of The Holy Spirit. Eternity in Love fulfilled.

The logic of the Kingdom of The Divine Will is choice through Love Created by Adam and Eve and Love Fulfilled through the Body of the sanctified immortal and incorruptible Christ. We become again in union with all mankind united as one in being together with the Father and The Son glorified and transfigured into the image of the Creator God for The Father in One God.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew
This is practically a word salad. Please explain your claims in clear sentences;.
And, again, how are you defining logic? You're using it in a sense I can't make heads or tails of.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you want to get nitpicky, where did I ever say the position was only held by atheist-materialists?

Right, the OP wasn't the most logically sound. But all things considered, I have come to believe life cannot be fully understood from a physicalist perspective. The existence of consciousness and much so-called paranormal phenomena argue against the physicalist understanding.
Life can't be 'understood' from a goddidit perspective either -- much less, in fact.
Science at least proposes a mechanism and produces supporting evidence. Religion or the paranormal offer no explanation at all; no mechanism, no empirical evidence.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me in logic, If salvation has to be explained so even a child can understand it, Then we know logically it is true.

Failed mortal and corrupt Creation and death fulfilled in resurrection and Transfigured Creation through the Power of the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit of choice, logically creates love, Eve brought spirit and life to Adam, even though she was told she would surely die if she did. In logic and faith we see Eve wanting the best for Adam which is Love and she forgets about her mortal life only to bring love to Adam.

And Adam's choice was to live forever with out the love of Eve or to die with it. We all would have done the same thing, die with the Love of Eve.

In the Garden of Eden here we see logically the Love created by Adam and Eve, and eternal Love is fulfilled by the New Adam, and through the New Eve, the Body of the immortal and incorruptible Christ in all mankind becoming transformed and becoming again, glorified and transfigured as one in being.

And the New Adam, Jesus resurrects failed love through His Passion in eternal Love, His Passion, Eternal Love Fulfilled in all mankind.

To me the Logic of the Kingdom of the Divine Will of Creation is Love created by Adam and Eve and eternal Love fulfilled by The Chist is fulfilled in the faith and morality of The One God.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Peace to all,

The Spirit of choice, logically creates love, Eve brought spirit and life to Adam, even though she was told she would surely die if she did. In logic and faith we see Eve wanting the best for Adam which is Love and she forgets about her mortal life only to bring love to Adam.

And Adam's choice was to live forever with out the love of Eve or to die with it. We all would have done the same thing, die with the Love of Eve.

Love created by Adam and Eve, and eternal Love fulfilled by the New Adam, and through the New Eve, the Body of Christ becoming transfigured as one in being.

And the New Adam, Jesus resurrects failed love through His Passion in eternal Love, His Passion, Eternal Love Fulfilled in all mankind.

To me the Logic of the Kingdom of the Divine Will of Creation is Love created by Adam and Eve and eternal Love fulfilled by The Chrsit is fulfilled in the faith and morality of The One God.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew
Please stop preaching, A.S. You're just making statements, but backing them up with nothing.
Anyone can make claims. I could claim there was an elephant in my bathroom, but you wouldn't believe me without evidence, would you?
Where is the evidence for your claims?

RestlessSoul

How are you defining "miraculous?" If it means merely remarkable, I'd agree with you, but I take it to mean in violation of the laws and constants of nature.

Miraculous as in astonishingly improbable, invoking awe, wonder, and humility.

Seen from this perspective, that there are laws and constants of nature, may be regarded as a miracle in itself.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Life can't be 'understood' from a goddidit perspective either -- much less, in fact.
Science at least proposes a mechanism and produces supporting evidence. Religion or the paranormal offer no explanation at all; no mechanism, no empirical evidence.
I'm all for science going as far as it can go, but I can also make the judgment that it is clearly an incomplete understanding at this time. Being incomplete, it begs for new hypotheses, such as intelligent agencies that willed things to occur for life.

Science of the future can even come to understand that there are realms of reality with things like higher beings and nature guides/spirits as suggested by many claiming sensing beyond the physical senses and instruments of today. And these things may produce a more complete understanding of what some call 'the miracle of life'.

So, the 'goddidit' perspective can also contain more detail than just ending there.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me, through logic and faith the finite disciplines of earth have thrown in the towel trying to explain the static state of eternity and the dynamic fulfillment of eternal love.

To me and logic, if all of the laws of creation were written, not even the world could contain the books of the logic, of the intelligence of creations power.

To me and logic, the Word exist before creation was ever created was even created. And the word in logic is the intelligence of creation that manifests eternity without failure. And the Word becomes flesh the mind of God in the flesh of being in the person of Jesus as the Christ. And the Christ leaves behind in real time the intelligence of creation as the Holy Spirit being shared for all mankind in the flesh to become again the intelligence of creation united as one in being together with the Father and the Son, glorified and transfigured becoming again the image of the creator God for the Father.

Peace always,
Stephen

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Peace to all,

To me, through logic and faith the finite disciplines of earth have thrown in the towel trying to explain the static state of eternity and the dynamic fulfillment of eternal love.

To me and logic, if all of the laws of creation were written, not even the world could contain the books of the logic, of the intelligence of creations power.

To me and logic, the Word exist before creation was ever created was even created. And the word in logic is the intelligence of creation that manifests eternity without failure. And the Word becomes flesh the mind of God in the flesh of being in the person of Jesus as the Christ. And the Christ leaves behind in real time the intelligence of creation as the Holy Spirit being shared for all mankind in the flesh to become again the intelligence of creation united as one in being together with the Father and the Son, glorified and transfigured becoming again the image of the creator God for the Father.

Peace always,
Stephen
You keep using the word "logic".
I am pretty sure you do not know what the word means.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

Thanks, McBell in logic we can understand, created transformed, and transfigured, but what finite discipline could explain the power of the Holy Spirit manifesting immortal, corruptible, life, becoming glorified and transfigured after all mankind being created, mortal and corrupt except for the Christ.

Peace always,
Stephen

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Peace to all,

Thanks, McBell in logic we can understand, created transformed, and transfigured, but what finite discipline could explain the power of the Holy Spirit manifesting immortal, corruptible, life, becoming glorified and transfigured after all mankind being created, mortal and corrupt.

Peace always,
Stephen
The more you use the word, the more obvious it is you do not know what it means.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

Thanks, McBell,

I see what you are saying.

Jesus logically was born immortal and incorruptible, Baptized by His Cousin John in the River Jordan from death to life Jesus in the Will of The Creator God for The Father descended and emptied the chasm of the Bosom of Abraham and crossed over in the flesh and physically closed the Chasm of Death and resurrected in the flesh, body, blood, soul and divinity all life and all holiness becoming glorified and transfigured, the firstborn back to heaven reborn from the cross where the blood and water flowed in the rebirth of The Christ, the firstborn of Creation for all mankind, right?

Science can never prove the becomings in the finite understanding using technology or chemistry, mathmatics, ect, but the becomings are clear in logic.

Thanks in advance,

Peace always,
Stephen

Last edited:

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me in logic, the Abrahamic faiths have in common the spirit. Some see the spirit as a power or a force but Christianity sees the Power as a Person of Being as The Holy Spirit Will of Creation that becomes through the Word, the authority of all spirit and life that exists before creation was ever created was even created. And the Word became flesh in The Christ.

True, thanks for the info, Sgt. Pepper, eyeopening, and to me in logic, we see science has thrown in the towel on many occasions and in the case of Einstein, in using the finite disciplines from the best minds of earth, and as a rational being, Einstein simply said, "I do not know how it is done?" But in logic, which has more power than all of the finite disciplines of earth, even a child can understand creation, and eternity.

Peace always,
Stephen

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm all for science going as far as it can go, but I can also make the judgment that it is clearly an incomplete understanding at this time. Being incomplete, it begs for new hypotheses, such as intelligent agencies that willed things to occur for life.

Science of the future can even come to understand that there are realms of reality with things like higher beings and nature guides/spirits as suggested by many claiming sensing beyond the physical senses and instruments of today. And these things may produce a more complete understanding of what some call 'the miracle of life'.

So, the 'goddidit' perspective can also contain more detail than just ending there.

I agree with you, George. Personally, I value science and believe that it is essential and beneficial for learning about the physical world. However, I doubt that it will ever be able to explain anything metaphysical (deities, earthbound spirits, or anything else supernatural), just as I doubt that scientific research will ever be able to rationally explain or debunk the supernatural phenomena that I strongly believe occur in the physical world. Maybe science will catch on someday, but I doubt it. I say this because I believe that there are genuine supernatural phenomena that defy both scientific and religious explanations.

My opinion is based on my lifetime of experience, which began when I was six years old. That is 45 years of experience. However, I have some vague memories of seeing spirits when I was four and five years old. They would wave at me, and I would wave back, prompting my parents or another relative to ask me who I was waving at. So I've seen enough of this phenomenon to know for certain that it is real. I've also had multiple eyewitnesses confirm my first-hand experiences with it. In addition, I've been evaluated by two therapists and three psychologists in an attempt to determine if there is a natural explanation for what I've been experiencing since I was a child, but there is none. I've also undergone a psychiatric evaluation and two cranial CT scans in a more focused effort to find a natural explanation for what I experience, but yet again, there is none. As a result of these attempts, I'm confident that what I'm experiencing is real, and modern science has yet to conclusively explain it. These are the reasons why I believe that there are supernatural phenomena occurring in the physical world, something that neither science nor the Bible nor any religious dogma can rationally explain or refute. Of course, these are simply my beliefs, and I don't expect others to accept them. Finally, I'm including the following post, which further explains my viewpoint on this subject.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

True, Aupmanyav, it is hard to prove the existence of God and,

To me in logic, the Abrahamic faiths have in common the spirit. Some see the spirit as a power or a force but Christianity sees the Power as a Person of Being as The Holy Spirit Will of Creation that becomes through the Word, the authority of all spirit and life that exists before creation was ever created was even created. And the Word became flesh in The Christ.

True, thanks for the info, Sgt. Pepper, eyeopening, and to me in logic, we see science has thrown in the towel on many occasions and in the case of Einstein, in using the finite disciplines from the best minds of earth, and as a rational being, Einstein simply said, "I do not know how it is done?" But in logic, which has more power than all of the finite disciplines of earth, even a child can understand creation, and eternity.

Peace always,
Stephen

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

That is invoking the 'God of gaps'. Science has gone to certain stage, it will go farther in times to come. You want your answer here and now, insert whatever you want because you are not giving any evidence. If there is evidence for that, science will accept it. In absence of evidence, whatever understanding you come up with is fiction.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

.. and in the case of Einstein, in using the finite disciplines from the best minds of earth, and as a rational being, Einstein simply said, "I do not know how it is done?" But in logic, which has more power than all of the finite disciplines of earth, even a child can understand creation, and eternity.
Believe whatever you want. Believing in Christian God and his son is no different from believing in FSM, Cthulhu or Sha Ka Ree.
Why mention Einstein? Was he a know-all? He had his time, believed what he believed. How does that concern someone else 70 years after his passing away. That is person worship. He was right in many things. He was wrong in some.

"Thus, the Buddha named ten specific sources whose knowledge should not be immediately viewed as truthful without further investigation to avoid fallacies:

1. Oral history 2. Tradition 3. News sources 4. Scriptures or other official texts 5. Suppositional reasoning 6. Philosophical dogmatism 7. Common sense 8. One's own opinions 9. Experts 10. Authorities or one's own teacher."

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

True the same logic exists, but science constantly improves, and the more science advances the more it realizes it understands even less about eternity.

Peace always,
Stephen