• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Love So Complete

lunamoth

Will to love
This Holy Week I heard a phrase that I think captures the essential message of Christianity. It is very simple, which is probably why I like it. :)

It is this: A Love so powerful it conquers death.

Not just a gift and promise, although it is that too, it is the Way lived by Christ and sealed by His resurrection.

Happy Easter!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
This Holy Week I heard a phrase that I think captures the essential message of Christianity. It is very simple, which is probably why I like it. :)

Not just a gift and promise, although it is that too, it is the Way lived by Christ and sealed by His resurrection.

Happy Easter!

happy Easter! How about a Love so complete it conquers hate ?

My favourite "slogan" omnia vincit Amor: et nos cedamus Amor.

athanasius

Happy Easter!

Amen! Happy Easter! He is risen indeed!:yes:

lunamoth

Will to love
I love it! :)

In it's simplicity I can imagine myself expanding on it's beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you and yours a very happy Easter!

EasterCross_6X4.jpg

may

The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas or Easter, nor do true Christians today.

may

I don't think you can prove this statement. Who are the "true" Christians?
A true christian would not mix their worship with pagan religious beliefs, i have found true christians. they stick to the bible only, and listen to Jesus , because Jehovah God the Almighty said to listen to Jesus.
(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him." Jesus did not teach pagan beliefs . only true teachings .

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate

Happy Easter!
Hi Luna and all, namaste and hope you had a happy Easter. :)

Your phrase reminds me of one that my minister oft repeats, which may come from Martin Luther King Jr but I'm not sure. He calls it:

A love so powerful that it will not let me down, will not let me off, and will not let me go.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas or Easter, nor do true Christians today.

Can not "true christians" be gracious enough to welcome and celebrate

A Love so powerful it conquers death.

Easter is a fact. To celebrate the risen Christ is a Christian duty of honour.

To remember and celebrate, Christ's birth, death , resurrection and ascension are key elements in Christian faith.

may

To celebrate the risen Christ is a Christian duty of honour.

i think Jesus said to memorialize his death , keep doing this in memory of me.
Observance of the Lord’s Evening Meal reminds us of the great love shown by both Jehovah and his Son in connection with Jesus’ sacrificial death. How we should appreciate that love!
it is appropriate to observe the Memorial annually on Nisan 14.
The Lord’s Evening Meal is the only annual religious observance among Jehovah’s Witnesses. This is fitting because Jesus commanded his followers: "Keep doing this in remembrance of me." At the Memorial, we commemorate Jesus’ death, a death that upheld Jehovah’s sovereignty.
"Keep doing this in remembrance of me." (Luke 22:19) With those words our Lord Jesus Christ, on the night of instituting the Lord’s Evening Meal, set forth a command for his followers. That command is still observed faithfully on the anniversary date of Nisan 14

lunamoth

Will to love
Hi Luna and all, namaste and hope you had a happy Easter. :)

Your phrase reminds me of one that my minister oft repeats, which may come from Martin Luther King Jr but I'm not sure. He calls it:

A love so powerful that it will not let me down, will not let me off, and will not let me go.

Namaste lilithu, and thank you very much for that beautiful quote. Our Easter was lovely and our Easter season continues to be filled with love and the uplifting message of hope. :) I hope your 'season of renewal and rebirth' (aka, Spring :) ) has also been wonderful.

lunamoth

Will to love
A Love so powerful it conquers death.

Easter is a fact. To celebrate the risen Christ is a Christian duty of honour.

To remember and celebrate, Christ's birth, death , resurrection and ascension are key elements in Christian faith.

Amen to that Terry. Even we heretics agree on that. :D

JESUSDIEDFORUS!

Happy Easter!
Such a gift, it is so powerful! I'm so thankful to have received that gift and I pray for all to realize how important it is so all accept...the truth in Christ.:shout

lunamoth

Will to love
Such a gift, it is so powerful! I'm so thankful to have received that gift and I pray for all to realize how important it is so all accept...the truth in Christ.:shout

Hi JESUSDIEDFORUS, welcome to the forum. :) You might want to take a minute to introduce yourself in the Are You New to RF subforum up above. I appreciate the praise you are giving to Christ. As this is an interfaith forum you may want to check out the forum rules regarding preaching/prosyletizing found in the upper right side of the grey tool bar. Again, welcome.

JESUSDIEDFORUS!

Hi JESUSDIEDFORUS, welcome to the forum. :) You might want to take a minute to introduce yourself in the Are You New to RF subforum up above. I appreciate the praise you are giving to Christ. As this is an interfaith forum you may want to check out the forum rules regarding preaching/prosyletizing found in the upper right side of the grey tool bar. Again, welcome.
I was not "preaching/prosyletizing".:confused:
I think I'll pass then, sorry for any trouble.
God bless

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
i think Jesus said to memorialize his death , keep doing this in memory of me.
Observance of the Lord’s Evening Meal reminds us of the great love shown by both Jehovah and his Son in connection with Jesus’ sacrificial death. How we should appreciate that love!
it is appropriate to observe the Memorial annually on Nisan 14.
The Lord’s Evening Meal is the only annual religious observance among Jehovah’s Witnesses. This is fitting because Jesus commanded his followers: "Keep doing this in remembrance of me." At the Memorial, we commemorate Jesus’ death, a death that upheld Jehovah’s sovereignty.
"Keep doing this in remembrance of me." (Luke 22:19) With those words our Lord Jesus Christ, on the night of instituting the Lord’s Evening Meal, set forth a command for his followers. That command is still observed faithfully on the anniversary date of Nisan 14

Jesus didn't say to memorialize his death. He said we were to participate in anamnesis. We do that by bringing his sacrifice into our present and participating in it. Similarly, we do anamnesis with the resurrection every Sunday. The early Christians (the ones who knew Jesus while he was on earth) began this tradition of celebrating both the resurrection and the Meal every week, to participate weekly in the anamnesis. And, surely, there could be no truer Christians than these!