• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Protestant only chit chat about anything and everything.

A

angellous_evangellous

2ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

In what ways have y'all seen this prophecy come true?

P.S.- If you have any question dont hisitate to ask them especiallt in your time of study if you can't understand one verse dont mind pasting it.;)

The leadership at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary has been a shining example of this, not only now but in the recent past as well. The way the past two presidents have gone and the way the most recent one has cleaned up the place is the way that I've seen this prophesy come true five times over.:sad:

Not something to celebrate in my opinion.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I'm looking for quotes about;
Is that scripture relating to those topics you're after brother ? I would sure love to read that book Jay, have you got a publisher? The lighthouse trails may be able to help out there and the berean call do their own publishing now i think.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
In my prayer life, I've been seeking complete emptiness.
Angellous, i don't mean to sound old fashioned but shouldn't a Christian be seeking to be filled. Emptied of self yes, "I must decrease He must increase."

Other than that, I am working on the Gospel of Mark in Greek, which is really exciting. I've only done chapter one, but I love to stop and meditiate on the message for a while. Hopefully I will be able to knock out five chapters a day when I start rock'n.
Did you find anything suprising in there Angellous?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you

2ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

In what ways have y'all seen this prophecy come true?

P.S.- If you have any question dont hisitate to ask them especiallt in your time of study if you can't understand one verse dont mind pasting it.;)

This passage is so prophetic, this describes the society I live in, but i wonder something brother, hasn't the world always been this way? Could Paul be speaking of the professing Church seeing that they have a form of godliness. Even when you look at the passage in that light you would have to say that the professing church is not free from these things and they abound more and more.

Apostasy is rife, compromise is rife, inablilty or unwillingness to endure sound docrtine is rife, inclusiveness is rife, why? Because from the very positions in the church that people look up to and follow certain men have crept in unawares. The church fell asleep, the church stopped judging, the church went experiential, the church went ecumenical, the church became afraid of losing people and their money from their congregations and so compromised the truth in exchange for their tithes.
They have turned the grace of God into laciviousness. Judgement must start at the house of God, we need a revival of truth, we need spirit filled men of God to stand up and challenge deception and error.
We need to be on our knees in repentance interceeding for our nation and our brethren as Daniel did, and do this with a sincere heart.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
The leadership at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary has been a shining example of this, not only now but in the recent past as well. The way the past two presidents have gone and the way the most recent one has cleaned up the place is the way that I've seen this prophesy come true five times over.:sad:
Not something to celebrate in my opinion.

I have heard stories like this before even of pot smoking at southern baptist conventions.
Angellous can't you see, these places have become the training grounds for the ministers of satan. I think the church is under attack from many seminaries, I think that people often go in there with a sincere faith and come out ruined, i have heard many testify of this. They were just so desperate to get into the ministry so they could serve God this way but they overthrow the faith of many young willing ministers.
It's like an old time Jesuit conspiracy. Destroy mens faith in the word of God alone and they will fall on tradition and experience every doctrine being subjective and not absolute truth.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have heard stories like this before even of pot smoking at southern baptist conventions.

Well they would be much better if they did that!

Angellous can't you see, these places have become the training grounds for the ministers of satan.

I wouldn't go that far, as that makes assumptions about the students. Sure, the students are being trained by SOME profs, and especially the board members and administration, to destroy the lives of people (particularly other ministers) rather than to love others. A rigid, nonsensical dogma is more important than anything, and they are turning into little cannibals rather than ministers of God.

I think the church is under attack from many seminaries, I think that people often go in there with a sincere faith and come out ruined, i have heard many testify of this. They were just so desperate to get into the ministry so they could serve God this way but they overthrow the faith of many young willing ministers.

I've not seen this, and I have been here a long time. People who come in strong in the faith leave strong, and those who come weak either become better or get filtered out, which a seminary should do. What is disheartening for everyone is seeing leaders in ministry fail morally and spiritually... particularly ones whom the students respect.

It's like an old time Jesuit conspiracy. Destroy mens faith in the word of God alone and they will fall on tradition and experience every doctrine being subjective and not absolute truth.

In Protestantism, we're just making it up as we go along anyway. We may as well be nice while we're doing it.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
2ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves,
This is the one that really makes me pipe up, I had a brief altercation with someone on this topic before. As a part of the perilous times we live in Paul says that one of the aspects of this is that men will be lovers of their own selves.

What have we got today? What teaching is rife in evangelicalism? Self love! I hate it!! I am not ashamed to use the word hate in this context because it is as far removed from Christainity as can be. The big error taught today is that unless you learn to love yourself you can't love others. The idea is that we inately hate ourselves and must learn to love ourselves. This is a major sign of apostasy for me, again the world has always loved itself but the church has always strived to be Christ like denying self and preferring others above self, self being crucified with Christ.
How deep this error has taken root.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I read the Bible, in fact, I have every book in the Bible at least once (the only ones I have read only once are the Law books, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Numbers). I have also read the gnostic gospels (don't worry, after reading I know why they were not included in the Bible, :) ). Each time I read a book, I learn something new. I keep adding to my faith each day.
The biggest thing I have learned is that it is a hard path to follow. I watch TV shows devoid of any values at times, and I feel like I don't belong in this world. It seems the whole world is preoccupied with sex. I can barely talk to anyone without this subject creeping up. I can't read a book (outside of Christian Novels) without numerous sex references, I can't watch a tv show without sex being oozed from every angle. I honestly get so sick of it. What is this preoccupation with constant sex? It is a beautiful thing between a man and his wife, but it has turned into a sport! It has been made cheap by the media. I have to monitor what my kids watch carefully- my son has decided he likes rap and wants to watch MTV and MTV2, but I had to block those channels since the videos sometimes can get so vulgar. He also wants to listen to heavy metal, but that is pretty bad too. I decided that he can only listen to old school rap from the 80s, which had very few sexual references.
Sorry for this long post, I got started and couldn't stop. ;)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
P.S. - Isn't England kinda anti-Christian in that they are more secular, and islamic?

The British Government Has members from all Faiths, Both in the commons and in the House of Lords. Like the US government It tries to keep a secular stance in all law making.

The County as a whole is overwhelmingly Christian In terms of numbers.
All faiths are permitted to follow their faith with out hindrance. And are protected by Law.
For instance it would be an offence to to publicly speak out in an attack against any religion. (including Muslims or Mormons.) Nor is it legal to discriminate against any faith.

Special Revelation

I love to discuss and encourage each other about our great God and Savior. He is worthy of all of our affection. Thanks Paul for starting this wonderful Thread. I'm curious...how does someone qualify to chit chat on this site? The definition of protestant has sure changed in 500 years.

Is a protestant someone who still protest the Roman Catholic way of salvation? Do they need to embrace the solas of the Reformation? Or, can a Liberal Protestant join in our chit chat? It's tough... my wife just watch a TV program showing a main stream protestant woman pastor..teaching that it doesn't matter if you are Muslim or a Christian, claiming that we worship the same God. For me, I have much more in common with an Orthodox Roman Catholic than a Liberal Protestant. I believe the Anglican pastor on this site teaches universal salvation...that all are saved in Christ. However, he is avoiding my direct question on being a universalist. How about Unitarians who are probably rooted out of Protestantism, should they be allowed to chit chat with us? Thanks again Paul for all of your encouragement as my favorite Christian brother on this site! Who are the brothers and sisters in Christ... and who are the mission field?

JayHawes

Is that scripture relating to those topics you're after brother ? I would sure love to read that book Jay, have you got a publisher? The lighthouse trails may be able to help out there and the berean call do their own publishing now i think.

Yes scripture and any other quotes that are not scripture that may relate. So far i dont have a publsiuher yet, i was finshed with my book. BUt of course being me, i have to re-read and make it more interesting, or atleast try. Yalls prayer would be very helpful, and i will be praying for you all.

- I will look up the lighthouse trails

A

angellous_evangellous

I love to discuss and encourage each other about our great God and Savior. He is worthy of all of our affection. Thanks Paul for starting this wonderful Thread. I'm curious...how does someone qualify to chit chat on this site? The definition of protestant has sure changed in 500 years.

Is a protestant someone who still protest the Roman Catholic way of salvation? Do they need to embrace the solas of the Reformation? Or, can a Liberal Protestant join in our chit chat? It's tough... my wife just watch a TV program showing a main stream protestant woman pastor..teaching that it doesn't matter if you are Muslim or a Christian, claiming that we worship the same God. For me, I have much more in common with an Orthodox Roman Catholic than a Liberal Protestant. I believe the Anglican pastor on this site teaches universal salvation...that all are saved in Christ. However, he is avoiding my direct question on being a universalist. How about Unitarians who are probably rooted out of Protestantism, should they be allowed to chit chat with us? Thanks again Paul for all of your encouragement as my favorite Christian brother on this site! Who are the brothers and sisters in Christ... and who are the mission field?

That's an interesting question! I've thought about it myself, and I don't think that Roman Catholics have a different theology of salvation... the Protestants protest church structure more than anything else.

A

angellous_evangellous

I read the Bible, in fact, I have every book in the Bible at least once (the only ones I have read only once are the Law books, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Numbers). I have also read the gnostic gospels (don't worry, after reading I know why they were not included in the Bible, :) ). Each time I read a book, I learn something new. I keep adding to my faith each day.
The biggest thing I have learned is that it is a hard path to follow. I watch TV shows devoid of any values at times, and I feel like I don't belong in this world. It seems the whole world is preoccupied with sex. I can barely talk to anyone without this subject creeping up. I can't read a book (outside of Christian Novels) without numerous sex references, I can't watch a tv show without sex being oozed from every angle. I honestly get so sick of it. What is this preoccupation with constant sex? It is a beautiful thing between a man and his wife, but it has turned into a sport! It has been made cheap by the media. I have to monitor what my kids watch carefully- my son has decided he likes rap and wants to watch MTV and MTV2, but I had to block those channels since the videos sometimes can get so vulgar. He also wants to listen to heavy metal, but that is pretty bad too. I decided that he can only listen to old school rap from the 80s, which had very few sexual references.
Sorry for this long post, I got started and couldn't stop. ;)

Could this be because you're hot? :beach:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My mother said that she believed that the earliest Roman Christians did not want to give up their gods (from Roman mythology) so they mixed Christianity with those beliefs. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is it would explain a few things. (my mother doesn't like catholics, but I have no grief with them)
One thing, they do believe basically what we do- That Jesus died for our sins and rose again in the flesh and all that. I am thinking that is the most important thing

JayHawes

This passage is so prophetic, this describes the society I live in, but i wonder something brother, hasn't the world always been this way? Could Paul be speaking of the professing Church seeing that they have a form of godliness. Even when you look at the passage in that light you would have to say that the professing church is not free from these things and they abound more and more.

Apostasy is rife, compromise is rife, inablilty or unwillingness to endure sound docrtine is rife, inclusiveness is rife, why? Because from the very positions in the church that people look up to and follow certain men have crept in unawares. The church fell asleep, the church stopped judging, the church went experiential, the church went ecumenical, the church became afraid of losing people and their money from their congregations and so compromised the truth in exchange for their tithes.
They have turned the grace of God into laciviousness. Judgement must start at the house of God, we need a revival of truth, we need spirit filled men of God to stand up and challenge deception and error.
We need to be on our knees in repentance interceeding for our nation and our brethren as Daniel did, and do this with a sincere heart.

So true. I agree totally. Here in South Carolina, in my city, there are pastors who are gay, adulterers, fornicators, and money whoremongers. Certian ones teach that its alright to be gay, others teach that you should have the houses, money and wealth that they have. Many members of my family have fallen into their webs of hypocrisy, and it seems my words cannot change them. Hopefull my book will help:D . My own Pastor's home Church is full with homosexual musicians, deacons, and ministers, who lead in worship every sunday. I even preached there once, there are too many screws loose in our churches today.

I tire of disorder, i tire of lies, i tire of false doctrines, i tire of people using their opinion as though its more auhtoritive than the word of God. A pastor in my area once said that he can bust hell right open at any time....and yet he preaches every sunday ignorant of that fact that salvation is called eternal salvation, not temporal salvation. Let's remember that Paul was not only prophesying about the world, but about the Church, the Apostate church, I only see it growing more and more, but one day though. Jesus will come back, therefore you and I, and all of us, must stay strong and wait on our coming King.

A

angellous_evangellous

So true. I agree totally. Here in South Carolina, in my city, there are pastors who are gay, adulterers, fornicators, and money whoremongers. Certian ones teach that its alright to be gay, others teach that you should have the houses, money and wealth that they have. Many members of my family have fallen into their webs of hypocrisy, and it seems my words cannot change them. Hopefull my book will help:D . My own Pastor's home Church is full with homosexual musicians, deacons, and ministers, who lead in worship every sunday. I even preached there once, there are too many screws loose in our churches today.

In South Carolina? I didn't know that honosexuals were brave enough to live there in the first place. Are there black people and women in the church, too? Seriously... I'm shocked.

I tire of disorder, i tire of lies, i tire of false doctrines, i tire of people using their opinion as though its more auhtoritive than the word of God. A pastor in my area once said that he can bust hell right open at any time....and yet he preaches every sunday ignorant of that fact that salvation is called eternal salvation, not temporal salvation. Let's remember that Paul was not only prophesying about the world, but about the Church, the Apostate church, I only see it growing more and more, but one day though. Jesus will come back, therefore you and I, and all of us, must stay strong and wait on our coming King.

What are you trying to say here?