• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Scientologist

SunMessenger

Catholic
Welcome !!!

It is always nice to see new members. The Moderators are very helpful here.
Do not hesitate in contacting them if You have any questions.

God Bless !

Bro_Grace

Hi, I'm new too. I guess I better check out the guide for new users before I offend somebody. I think this forum is going to be an fantastic opportunity for me to learn a lot from people such as you. I have bunch of questions already...

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bro_Grace said:
Hi, I'm new too. I guess I better check out the guide for new users before I offend somebody. I think this forum is going to be an fantastic opportunity for me to learn a lot from people such as you. I have bunch of questions already...

Welcome to RF!

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

lizskid

BANNED
Well, I am late in this, but welcome! I look forward to your input and learning more about Scientology!

adthelad

RevOxley_501 said:
welcome ---cool to have a scientologist here, are there any others here i wonder?

Don't think so.

The good thing is that Scientology is getting more acceptance due to our good works, expansion and longevity.

Books by L Ron Hubbard are the best place to find out about Scientology though, followed by your local church and www.scientology.org

In Scientology we stick to the principle that the original source of information is the best place to get it - otherwise you get the chinese whispers effect.

I'm happy to talk about my experiences though.

groovyable

Welcome to the site!! :)

i remember a friend that was telling me about a book she was reading written by L Ron Hubbard , i cant remember one of the quotes 100%/ Yet she showed it me it said something like ' A quick way to make money is to start your own religion.' You most likely of read that quote... doesnt it make you think? Anyways we props discus this on another page...

All the best mate :monkey:

RevOxley_501

adthelad said:
Don't think so.

The good thing is that Scientology is getting more acceptance due to our good works, expansion and longevity.

Books by L Ron Hubbard are the best place to find out about Scientology though, followed by your local church and www.scientology.org

In Scientology we stick to the principle that the original source of information is the best place to get it - otherwise you get the chinese whispers effect.

I'm happy to talk about my experiences though.

i have read The Fundamentals of Scientology interesting to say the least, and i have a copy of Dianetics i might read later on.

adthelad

groovyable said:
Welcome to the site!! :)

i remember a friend that was telling me about a book she was reading written by L Ron Hubbard , i cant remember one of the quotes 100%/ Yet she showed it me it said something like ' A quick way to make money is to start your own religion.' You most likely of read that quote... doesnt it make you think? Anyways we props discus this on another page...

All the best mate :monkey:

If starting one's own religion was such a good way to make money then I think a few more people would have done it!

From faq.scientology.org:

Q: Did L. Ron Hubbard state that the way to make money was to start a religion?

A: No.
This is an unfounded rumor. One individual once claimed L. Ron Hubbard made such a comment during a lecture in 1948. The only two people who could be found who attended that very lecture in 1948 denied that Mr. Hubbard ever made this statement. And Mr. Hubbard himself certainly denied it.
Another famous writer from the same era who did make such a statement was George Orwell, who wrote to a friend in 1938 that “there might be a lot of cash in starting a new religion.” His letter was later published as part of a collection of letters which was circulated widely. It seems that Orwell’s comment has been misattributed to Mr. Hubbard. This was recognized by courts in Germany who enjoined those who had attributed such a statement to Mr. Hubbard from repeating it.

adthelad

RevOxley_501 said:
i have read The Fundamentals of Scientology interesting to say the least, and i have a copy of Dianetics i might read later on.

Dianetics is very good although care is needed to understand it. It's called Book One in Scientology - the first book which explains what auditing is and why it works. Many different types of auditing were developed from there but they stem from Dianetics.

I recommend "Introduction to Scientology Ethics" - the book I read after Dianetics which is easier going than Dianetics and one of my favourites. It's so useful once you really understand what it says and its applications.