• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A song a day

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love. ☮︎
Always love it when I hear a Beatles song I haven’t heard before! (Like the one you posted)

I’ve only listened to half of their albums (which is a lot)!

Thank you for your kind response. I really appreciate it.

Since you hadn't heard this song before, I thought I'd tell you about its true meaning.

Sir Paul McCartney wrote the song. He said that he was inspired by the the civil rights movement in America.

The title "Blackbird" represents an African-American woman during that era.

"I had in mind a black woman, rather than a bird. Those were the days of the civil rights movement, which all of us cared passionately about, so this was really a song from me to a black woman, experiencing these problems in the States: ‘Let me encourage you to keep trying, to keep your faith, there is hope.’ As is often the case with my things, a veiling took place so, rather than say ‘Black woman living in Little Rock’ and be very specific, she became a bird, became symbolic, so you could apply it to your particular problem." Sir Paul McCartney (Many Years From Now, Barry Miles). Source: The Beatles Bible - Blackbird