• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About my new avatar

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
This is my new avatar:

coal.png

Up until 1994 the railway system of the UK was state-owned. It was called British Rail.

A division of British Rail was a thing called "Trainload Coal", which was the part of it that was responsible for transporting coal by railway. Mostly to power stations.

My avatar is the logo of Trainload Coal.

I chose it because when I was a kid I lived by a railway line and my favourite trains that I saw were the coal trains. Back then I was a very keen railway enthusiast. I'm not anymore. But I know a good logo when I see one.

Here are some trains painted with the Trainload Coal design:

train1.jpg

train2.jpg

Heyo

Veteran Member
This is my new avatar:

View attachment 70863

Up until 1994 the railway system of the UK was state-owned. It was called British Rail.

A division of British Rail was a thing called "Trainload Coal", which was the part of it that was responsible for transporting coal by railway. Mostly to power stations.

My avatar is the logo of Trainload Coal.

I chose it because when I was a kid I lived by a railway line and my favourite trains that I saw were the coal trains. Back then I was a very keen railway enthusiast. I'm not anymore. But I know a good logo when I see one.

Here are some trains painted with the Trainload Coal design:

View attachment 70864
View attachment 70865
It really stands out, so much so that it is a bit irritating.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
It really stands out, so much so that it is a bit irritating.
OK, I will change it if you change your avatar so I don't have to see feet

I don't like feet at all, they give me the creeps, I hate them

Do we have a deal?

Heyo

Veteran Member
OK, I will change it if you change your avatar so I don't have to see feet

I don't like feet at all, they give me the creeps, I hate them

Do we have a deal?
No. I didn't request you change your avatar, nor did I want to imply so. It was just an observation. As I said, it really stands out, it's fine. That it irritates me, is my problem and I'll get used to it.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
No. I didn't request you change your avatar, nor did I want to imply so. It was just an observation. As I said, it really stands out, it's fine. That it irritates me, is my problem and I'll get used to it.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I hate feet. Yes, that's my problem and not anyone else's. But I thought there was an opportunity there but obviously not

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I would think that since this is Religious Forums and you recently converted to Methodism, you'd have some sort of Methodist avatar to advocate for your position. I found my avatar on a liberal Quaker website, inverted the black dove into white, and have kept it as my avatar for awhile now. I do not think I will change it for a long time, since it's noticeable but blends with the rest of the website. But since you have a personal connection to Trainload Coal, it passes my inspection.

But Heyo's feet avatar does not. ;)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I would think that since this is Religious Forums and you recently converted to Methodism, you'd have some sort of Methodist avatar to advocate for your position. I found my avatar on a liberal Quaker website, inverted the black dove into white, and have kept it as my avatar for awhile now. I do not think I will change it for a long time, since it's noticeable but blends with the rest of the website. But since you have a personal connection to Trainload Coal, it passes my inspection.

But Heyo's feet avatar does not. ;)

Being barefoot can be a deeply spiritual thing. It allows one to better bind with Mother Earth, and has been proven to have health benefits.

It can also indicate a more natural way of living.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Being barefoot can be a deeply spiritual thing. It allows one to better bind with Mother Earth, and has been proven to have health benefits.

Well, as long as I don't have to smell them, there shouldn't be a problem... :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, as long as I don't have to smell them, there shouldn't be a problem... :)

That's reasonable.

(Another benefit of being barefooted is your feet don't tend to smell, as they are not 'boxed up' in the bacteria factories that are shoes and socks. :D )

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Barefoot is Nature's way. Socks are the garment of the antichrist. I think the worst thing I can imagine is having to wear socks that are stuffed with kale.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Damn I had no idea so many around me were actually living so healthily!!
(For context, in Queensland where I live, it’s fairly common to see people shopping bare footed. Usually associated with “bogans” or at least people possibly shopping for a beach trip lol. Or that they live close by and couldn’t be bothered putting on shoes.)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Damn I had no idea so many around me were actually living so healthily!!
(For context, in Queensland where I live, it’s fairly common to see people shopping bare footed. Usually associated with “bogans” or at least people possibly shopping for a beach trip lol. Or that they live close by and couldn’t be bothered putting on shoes.)

I saw a picture of people shopping barefooted in Queensland, and my heart ached that I couldn't be one of them...

They kick you out of the store if you try that here. :(