• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About my new avatar

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I saw a picture of people shopping barefooted in Queensland, and my heart ached that I couldn't be one of them...

They kick you out of the store if you try that here. :(
Oh really? That’s an outrage that is
If you’re ever in the neighbourhood I’ll go shopping barefooted with you :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Oh really? That’s an outrage that is
If you’re ever in the neighbourhood I’ll go shopping barefooted with you :)

When I was a younger person, I was in a park, and had sudden... feminine issues. Of course I wasn't wearing shoes, I was outside! I drove to a gas station which was a block or two away to find product to help with the situation, ran in barefoot, heard "you can't be here without shoes! Get out!" from a store manager.

Though I was normally quite shy, this was urgent, so I held up the product I had, said my home(and shoes) were half an hour away, and I needed this now! She relented, told me to buy the item, and get the hell out!

You'd think I'd have ran in topless with as much scuffle was made!

Since then, I tend to keep a pair of shoes in my vehicle.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a younger person, I was in a park, and had sudden... feminine issues. Of course I wasn't wearing shoes, I was outside! I drove to a gas station which was a block or two away to find product to help with the situation, ran in barefoot, heard "you can't be here without shoes! Get out!" from a store manager.

Though I was normally quite shy, this was urgent, so I held up the product I had, said my home(and shoes) were half an hour away, and I needed this now! She relented, told me to buy the item, and get the hell out!

You'd think I'd have ran in topless with as much scuffle was made!

Since then, I tend to keep a pair of shoes in my vehicle.
Geez that’s awful!

Gas stations (or as we call them “servos”) are the least likely place you’re going to encounter people wearing shoes. Usually it’s kids running around trying to buy slurpees, beach goers stopping to quickly refuel or random bogans trying to buy smokes.

Though I did once see a rather embarrassed young woman enter with nothing but a towel. Apparently she was swimming nearby, had to take her clothes off because she felt something biting her and well the tide kind of took them with it. On top of that she had accidentally locked her keys in her car and only found out when she tried to get in to put something on.
The owner was completely confused and just as embarrassed, averting their gaze.
I learnt her my phone so she could call the car lock people and she waited inside.
We laugh about it now, but it was one of those scenarios that was just beyond bizarre

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Barefoot is Nature's way. Socks are the garment of the antichrist. I think the worst thing I can imagine is having to wear socks that are stuffed with kale.

Meh, you lack imagination then.

Now picture the person having worn those kale stuffed socks whilst running a steeplechase now gets you to chow down on the kale.
Imagine the taste as the sweat oozes out of the green sludge and drops down your chin.

Lovely, right? Lucky you didn't think about the smell.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Damn I had no idea so many around me were actually living so healthily!!
(For context, in Queensland where I live, it’s fairly common to see people shopping bare footed. Usually associated with “bogans” or at least people possibly shopping for a beach trip lol. Or that they live close by and couldn’t be bothered putting on shoes.)
Over here it's rare to see people barefoot. As I'm almost always the only one, it's kind of a trademark. People remember me for being barefoot. That's why I keep it as my avatar.
I have no spiritual reason and the health benefits are gratuitous. I just like it that way.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
Personally, I really like your avatar. I think it's cool, and your reason for picking it is a good one. I am personally all for meaningful symbols.. as you can see by my own avatar lol. And hey, I even love the colors! I hope you enjoy your new avatar, too.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Meh, you lack imagination then.

Now picture the person having worn those kale stuffed socks whilst running a steeplechase now gets you to chow down on the kale.
Imagine the taste as the sweat oozes out of the green sludge and drops down your chin.

Lovely, right? Lucky you didn't think about the smell.
Actually...being candid....that's sounds a bit of a turn-on.