• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam and Eve

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
you must believe that God allows babies to die

That you must feel that God has legitimate and even "good" reasons to let those babies die.

Let's reframe it all as "God does not lift a finger to help babies who die

Does God have the power to save babies (in secret) who are suffering

If God could prevent a baby dying

and God wants babies to survive

how is it that He does not save all the babies from dying

So the facts surrounding to why God doesn't save babies from dying

He doesn't like babies dying in general

God is literally able to help babies who are about to be born prematurely

God does not help all babies who are born prematurely

God saving a baby from dying prematurely

why God does not save babies from premature birth
This is all from one post! I detect a theme here. You don’t want babies to die.

I’m curious, what is your stance on abortion?

Bathos Logos

This is all from one post! I detect a theme here. You don’t want babies to die.

I’m curious, what is your stance on abortion?
I know you understand completely what is going on here, and this is a completely dishonest redirection. I am working on the assumption that "abortion is wrong" as is spouted off, mostly willy nilly (honestly) by theists - those of the Christian persuasion specifically. And I am also working on the assumption that God does not like abortion. I would assume you subscribe to both of those things, am I wrong? You feel that God does not approve of abortion, and you feel that abortion is wrong? With me so far?

So, if you believe/feel both those things, read all those comments you quoted of mine and tell me how it makes any sense that God allows babies to die in premature births when He could otherwise intervene in secret.

Duh man. Duh. You knew what I was getting at. My comments stand on their own, regardless my personal stance on abortion. I am pro-choice, by the way, for many multiple reasons. I feel that abortion can be a mark of shame on humanity when it is used as a crutch for poor choices, but this is not, at all, a comprehensive description of all abortions that have been carried out. And people are going to seek them whether they are safe or not - very possibly endangering themselves and the baby at the same time. This has been demonstrated to be true by our past. So, I would much rather have a safe place for someone to at least not endanger themselves to do what they feel is best for themselves. That's my stance. No, I don't want babies to die needlessly. of course not. But who am I to tell someone else what it is that they need when it comes to whether or not they are able to or feel comfortable trying to have a child?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
We're they created with the knowledge of how to use fire?

If they not, did they learn it later (some time after creation)? How did their offspring learn how to use fire, assuming they did?
Adam and Eve were not historical people. They are characters in a teaching story.

Our ancestors were using fire before we were even Homo Sapiens.