• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

African vs Slavic genes

ronki23

What do you mean by that? We are all related, we all have genes in common.

Modern Africans are the descendants of ancient Africans. Modern Slavics are also the descendants of ancient Africans.

We are more like than unlike.

This thread deems to be to be based on racist ideals and has little to do with genetics

It's a fact that some races are more talented at some things than other races. For example:

Ethiopians, Somalis and Kenyans (East Africans) do very well in long distance running

Those descended from West Africans do very well in sprinting sports or football: both sports require fast twitch muscles. Usain Bolt, Johan Blake, Justin Gatlin, most of the 1998-2002 Brazilian football team are descendants of West Africans

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 1

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's a fact that some races are more talented at some things than other races. For example:

Ethiopians, Somalis and Kenyans (East Africans) do very well in long distance running

Those descended from West Africans do very well in sprinting sports or football: both sports require fast twitch muscles. Usain Bolt, Johan Blake, Justin Gatlin, most of the 1998-2002 Brazilian football team are descendants of West Africans

View attachment 51115

It is a fact that we all descended from people living near what is now Johannesburg. And slaves have nothing to do with humankind and mtdna eve about 120,000 years ago

ronki23

It is a fact that we all descended from people living near what is now Johannesburg. And slaves have nothing to do with humankind and mtdna eve about 120,000 years ago

As usual the leftists deny facts because it hurts their feelings.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Are you claiming the out of Africa scenario is fake? If so i do hope you have evidence for such a claim.

Oh and wtf has politics got to do with genetics?

And what has feelings got to do with established facts?

Want to try another personal insult to massage your ego a bit more?

Please do not attempt to blame my gender, my politics, my humanity, because facts it mess up your ill considered claims

ChristineM

Premium Member

BTW, i am not particularly leftist, having built a successful company from scratch to international renown, i did so by considering those i employed as human beings. If that makes me leftist in your eyes then so be it

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

View attachment 51115
You're ignoring the social and cultural aspects of sports. Not to mention the corporate aspect. For example, American football and basketball were dominated by white and Jewish players until around the '70s. Then something changed and many prominent black American players came about and now it's more associated with black people. Another thing to consider is that inner city schools will generally promote sports over other endeavors (such as to the detriment of arts education). I can name examples where the high school was a ghetto dump but they had many sports championships, and that's in my own city. It's often a way out of poverty.

So it's not necessarily about some biological advantage.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It's a fact that some races are more talented at some things than other races.
For example, Germans are known for having inheritable issues with their spines, unless you breed them with mixed dogs every other generation or so.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
We all respect your (perfectly natural and understandable) desire to ogle fit, young muscular men.
Please treat others with the same amount of respect.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 51115

I don't think anyone is trying to deny any facts here, but what you're presenting may be a skewed. For example, you say West Africans do well in sprinting sports or football, but when you're talking about the top athletes among a certain group of people, it may leave out the vast majority who may not have those particular gifts or athletic ability.

This reminds me of Jimmy the Greek, who was fired for making some racially questionable remarks.

Jimmy Snyder (sports commentator) - Wikipedia

Racial comments and dismissal[edit]
On January 16, 1988, Snyder was fired by the CBS network (where he had been a regular on NFL Today since 1976) after making several questionable comments about African Americans during a lunchtime interview on January 15, 1988 with Ed Hotaling, a producer-reporter for NBC-owned WRC-TV, at Duke Zeibert's Washington, D.C. restaurant. Hotaling said that he had been doing interviews with various people in the restaurant for a program celebrating the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. and what they thought the next step in civil rights progress for African Americans should be. He put the question to Snyder. "It was all on the occasion of Martin Luther King's birthday," Hotaling said. "So I thought it was an appropriate, forward-looking question, and got a backward-looking answer."

One of Snyder's more controversial responses to the question was that African Americans were naturally-superior athletes at least in part because they had been bred to produce stronger offspring during slavery:[1][2]

"The black is a better athlete to begin with, because he's been bred to be that way. Because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back. And they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. And he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes back all the way to the Civil War, when, during the slave trading, the big, the owner, the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have uh big black kid, see. That's where it all started!"[3]

According to the New York Times obituary, Snyder expressed regret for his comments: "What a foolish thing to say." His CBS coworkers publicly stated that they did not agree with Snyder's theories and that they did not oppose CBS's decision to fire him. Black former NFL player Irv Cross said in the 30 for 30 documentary about Snyder that he had worked alongside Snyder for a long time and did not consider him to be a racist at all. In the same documentary, Frank Deford sympathetically noted that Jimmy often tried to sound more educated than he actually was and that his comments were basically him trying to make a point about a subject on which he knew nothing.[citation needed]

In the same WRC-TV interview, Snyder, whose remarks were termed "reprehensible" by CBS, also commented that the only sports realm in which whites then dominated was coaching and that if blacks were to "take coaching, as I think everyone wants them to, there is not going to be anything left for the white people." Snyder, during his remarks, emphasized he was not meaning to be "derogatory" but said the only thing then that "whites control are the coaching jobs — the black talent is beautiful, it's great, it's out there. The only thing left for the whites is a couple of coaching jobs."[2][4]