• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afterlife

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the “usual procedure” isn’t really a sense is it?

Isn't it? I don't know exactly where I will be when I die or the circumstances. My sense of what will happen is based on previous experience and observation of what usually happens to other people when they die.

Of course, there may be other possibilities. I could die on a sinking ship with my body ending up at the bottom of the ocean. Or I could die in the desert and be eaten by vultures, with remains decomposing and never being found. Or I could be in a spaceship and blown out into space and end up who knows where?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Isn't it? I don't know exactly where I will be when I die or the circumstances. My sense of what will happen is based on previous experience and observation of what usually happens to other people when they die.

Of course, there may be other possibilities. I could die on a sinking ship with my body ending up at the bottom of the ocean. Or I could die in the desert and be eaten by vultures, with remains decomposing and never being found. Or I could be in a spaceship and blown out into space and end up who knows where?
Haha

Ajax

Far from a fault.
A brain may have as many as 100 trillion connections. All animal brains are made up of neurons. A human brain has 85-100 billion neurons.
Now if you believe that man was formed from dust from the ground plus a blow in his nostrils.... then you could believe anything.:shrug:
But...everyone is entitled to his own beliefs.:)

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
A brain may have as many as 100 trillion connections. All animal brains are made up of neurons. A human brain has 85-100 billion neurons.
Now if you believe that man was formed from dust from the ground plus a blow in his nostrils.... then you could believe anything.:shrug:
This threads about the afterlife not evolution vs creationism.

Pete in Panama

Far from a fault.
This is all very interesting but everyone seems to be dancing around the main thesis of this thread: the naturre of our afterlife. Sure, lots of folks say we don't know but when you get right down to it there is a lot of stuff we DO know:
  1. We can't live forever in our current form and we don't want live forever in our current form. Our upcoming deaths in this world will be good for us and those around us. Anyone who wants to take issue with that statement is more than welcome to do so.
  2. We will continue in some other form, one that will most probably be outside of not only this space/time but most probably outside of ANY space time --ditto here on the above "take issue" sentence.
  3. The nature of our next form is beyond our comprehension and that's a good thing too (ditto/issue).
Those 3 points sort it all out for me, please let me know if anyone thinks I missed something

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I plan to have my deceased body cremated and my ashes scattered by my family at a scenic location of our choice. I know that my physical body will die, which brings the First Law of Thermodynamics into play, but I believe that my consciousness—that is, my energy (my spirit or soul)—will continue to exist after my body dies. I don't know at this point in my life if I will decide to crossover into the spirit realm (of which I believe there is one), if I will choose to remain earthbound (which I believe will be an option for me), or if I will decide to travel back and forth between the physical world and the spirit realm, which I also believe is possible for spirits. Of course, I believe this is one of those "wait and see" situations. In other words, I won't know until after I die.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You are right, my mistake.. but the discussion "evolved" there. :)
Yeah when you assumed I believed all living things evolved and that none were created with the possibility of one of them having a supernatural characteristic. Like I said, that’s for another thread.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I plan to have my deceased body cremated and my ashes scattered by my family at a scenic location of our choice. I know that my physical body will die, which brings the First Law of Thermodynamics into play, but I believe that my consciousness—that is, my energy (my spirit or soul)—will continue to exist after my body dies. I don't know at this point in my life if I will decide to crossover into the spirit realm (of which I believe there is one), if I will choose to remain earthbound (which I believe will be an option for me), or if I will decide to travel back and forth between the physical world and the spirit realm, which I also believe is possible for spirits. Of course, I believe this is one of those "wait and see" situations. In other words, I won't know until after I die.
Thanks for your response.