• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alcohol Kills 3 Million Annually: World Health Organization

psychoslice

Veteran Member
ppl that have full medical and are drug addicts ruined it for everyone else.
They go to the ward, just to be fed and have a place to crash, I only know this because many have told me so when talking.

So basically the wards run like a job to "cure" and send everyone on their way.

MMMM, I see, but still it shouldn't happen, they should be put into a separate ward as they do here.

John Doe

wanna hear something crazy insane?
The only thing keeping me going is my stupid cat.
He would die without me, so there we have it.

Cats are amazing and beautiful. My best friends in this lifetime were and are cats. You are blessed to have a cat as a friend.

SkylarHunter

I like drinking and I can't see anything wrong with it, like Pegg said, the problem is abusing.

People who abuse any substance normally end up having health problems of some sort.

Given the amount of information available about that, one would think smart people would be more balanced and enjoy life's gifts without deliberately cutting their days short.

Every time I read articles like this I get to the conclusion that the number one cause of death in the world is stupidity.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know, right? You're going to die, anyway. If you get sick or whatever from smoking, it doesn't happen until you're old, anyway. I'm not a chain smoker as it is and I don't overdo the drinking. Personally, I think a lot of it is attitude towards life. Many of the people who have lived the longest have been smokers, drinkers and ate red meat. They seemed to enjoy their life. Stress will kill you faster than any of that stuff. You could drop dead of a heart attack or a brain aneurysm at any time. Life is random like that. Lol. So it's best not to worry. :)
My father died from lung cancer due to smoking.

It wasn't very pleasant, and he was only in his sixties when he got it. First they tried to stop it by removing part of a lung, which worked. So for the next decade, he had to use a breathing machine and couldn't walk up more than one flight of stairs. Meanwhile he had a fit and healthy neighbor over ten years older than him, nearly 80, that casually climbed up on my father's roof to fix his antenna that got knocked down by a storm, and my father felt rather ashamed of himself for that. But he was so addicted that he kept smoking a little bit even after he had part of his lung removed, so he got lung cancer a second time, and he spent the last two years in constant pain and indignity, wasting away from cancer and chemo.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Doesn't surprise me:

My brother died of alcohol related complications: Cirrhosis of the liver and an enlarged heart. My mother's sister, died of cirrhosis of the liver back in the 80s, at the age of 34. (My husband is a heavy beer drinker, but he seems to think "it won't happen to him")
That's all I have to say about it: It's personal with me.

Gehennaite

Please discuss.
I tried the drinking scene, legally, when I was finally of age. I never dabbled in that underage scene so commonplace in the US. Found out it was not for me. I will never drink alcohol again.

It's unfortunate that people abuse it, or become addicted, but it was their choice to get involved with it. You cannot claim you were not forewarned of the consequences of it in the modern era.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Thank God it is forbidden here :)

Well, it is not just deaths that we should worry about, it is assault, rape, murder, etc.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know, right? You're going to die, anyway. If you get sick or whatever from smoking, it doesn't happen until you're old, anyway. I'm not a chain smoker as it is and I don't overdo the drinking. Personally, I think a lot of it is attitude towards life. Many of the people who have lived the longest have been smokers, drinkers and ate red meat. They seemed to enjoy their life. Stress will kill you faster than any of that stuff. You could drop dead of a heart attack or a brain aneurysm at any time. Life is random like that. Lol. So it's best not to worry. :)
I don't smoke, but if bacon cigars came out, I'd have to rethink my choices.
Statistics are always tell'n us not to do fun things.
It's science's version of sin.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?

My mother died of emphysema and other smoking related maladies. True, we all die, but there are better ways of dying then being on a respirator for the last years of your life-- sorta gets in the way of your drinking.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Everything in the ground if used improperly used where damage -
For example, the knife used in cooking and in people's lives, but also can be a deadly weapon -
God gave us the mind ---

mahasn ebn sawresho

God does not forbid alcohol, but told us ---
I have given you the mind ---
Chose in your minds ---
That they are harmful to you, Let her alone ---
But the wines sometimes have benefits too -