• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Algeria never negotiate the terroristes , agree with that ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
recently the terroristes came cross Libya and they attacked a gaz base in the middel of the Sahara

they tried to escape to Mali with the forgien hostages !!!
the Algerian special army seige them and eleminated 18 terroristes

and right now the special forces seige 10 terroristes still kidnepped some foriegn hostages.
unforenlty there were hostage victimes , the exact number is unknow :(

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Algerian army killed 29 terroristes
they wished to go the paradise , Algerian forces sent them.

Shuddhasattva

How nice of you to ignore the slain hostages due to the poor tactics and training of "Algerian forces" acting against international request.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

How nice of you to ignore the slain hostages due to the poor tactics and training of "Algerian forces" acting against international request.

I totally agree with this. During Algerian raid, more hostages than terrorists were killed, and this is due to poor tactics.
Okay not to negociate with terrorists, but seriously, it does not prevent anyone to actually think before acting.
I have heard that some days ago Algerian representatives were called to Japan to meet, and I bet it wasn't to drink tea and exchange gifts. There have been many Japanese and European casualities, and many European countries didn't approve this raid.

Okay, the situation is cleared, it's a very good thing and they are brave for this. But it's a very, very bitter "victory" for many countries, as way more hostages were killed than terrorists.

I hope more that the innocents hostages killed in this raid reach heaven rather than the terrorists.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Godobeyer

Premium Member
every hostage case had some failed , especialy with huge number of kidneppers

in Algerian hostage case there was 32 terrorists !!!

the terrorist kidnepeed the hostages and try to escape with them to Mali, and they had heavey guns , and they shot the helicopters , the helicopters reponse to them .

poor tactics and training !!!!
there were just 8 wounded soldiers

Flankerl

38 dead hostages. How nice.

poor tactics and training !!!!

In other words "if you are taken hostage in algeria try to run or kill yourself before the special forces arrive".

Dingbat

They must have gone to the Putin's Alfa school of hostage killing.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Just like others have said, the Algerian strategy and tactic is hardly constructive and absolutely nothing to take pride in.
Dozens of hostages killed, and a failure to notify the foreign nations who's citizens have been taken hostage about executing this operation.
And to further add to what Dingbat has said, the Algerian special forces do receive training from the Russians, so its no surprise to see such a level of chaos and sacrifice of innocent lives.
The Algerian government has been more concerned with the take over of an important economic asset than with the lives of the hostages.
Quite a situation, to be kidnapped by armed Islamists only to find out that your only hope is the Algerian army. Talking about being caught in between a rock and a hard place.

F0uad

Its due poor training and equipment also the whole conflict was handled wrongly just random soldiers were send everyone knows to send a special force and not simply some random soldiers who only have a year of poor training.

Caladan please change the word Islamist to Terrorist since a Islamist is not a terrorist by definition i am myself a Islamist.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Caladan please change the word Islamist to Terrorist since a Islamist is not a terrorist by definition i am myself a Islamist.

Before I say anything, please not that it is not intended to be an offense to you or any other muslim.

What do you mean when you say that you are an Islamist ?

I ask that, because in my country we identify Muslims (people who practice Islam) and Islamism (Aggressive muslims that try to force their beliefs into others. It's also linked to terrorists.)

This is just a question, really, I don't really understand your post ^^ Maybe in your country the word doesn't have the same meaning ?

Aum Namah Shivaya

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Vanakkam,

Before I say anything, please not that it is not intended to be an offense to you or any other muslim.

What do you mean when you say that you are an Islamist ?

I ask that, because in my country we identify Muslims (people who practice Islam) and Islamism (Aggressive muslims that try to force their beliefs into others. It's also linked to terrorists.)

This is just a question, really, I don't really understand your post ^^ Maybe in your country the word doesn't have the same meaning ?

Aum Namah Shivaya
I believe its par the discourse which aims to disassociate Islam from terrorism.
The term 'Islamists' has been used in recent years in all major media outlets and geopolitical discussions to discuss Muslim radicals. The term might have a much older history, but there is not much confusion about its current use.

F0uad

Well i don't want to be harsh but one can simply look up the definition of an Islamist. An Islamist is someone who beliefs that Islam should play a role in politics and ones daily live and there is were it ends. "Terrorist" also belief this to be the case and that's why they are associated with Islamist however its not fair to say that all Islamist are terrorist..

Lady B

noob
While I agree it is widely used derogatorily as in extremist or radical,It is widely misused and I agree with Foud (yes, surprisingly) that it should not be used in this manner as it is a term allocating a religion to a person, not a degree or the Bad-side of said religion.

OP Could you explain your meaning with this statement though?

"Algerian army killed 29 terrorists
they wished to go the paradise , Algerian forces sent them
. "
Are you saying these terrorists are in paradise now ,thanks to the Algerian forces?:eek:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Someone needs to tell the Algerians that not negotiating with terrorists doesn't have to result in dead hostages.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I think the algerian governement wanted the message to be clear to the terrorists : if they come again in Algeria to do that, they will be killed.

I guess they acted like that because they know them very well after all the years they fighted them.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
"Algerian army killed 29 terrorists
they wished to go the paradise , Algerian forces sent them
. "
Are you saying these terrorists are in paradise now ,thanks to he Algerian forces?:eek:
:D
they though that they would go to paradise

you maybe ignored that in Islam who kill innocent , would go to hell NOT paradise .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I think the algerian governement wanted the message to be clear to the terrorists : if they come again in Algeria to do that, they will be killed.

I guess they acted like that because they know them very well after all the years they fighted them.

you absolutly right sister

Godobeyer

Premium Member
38 dead hostages. How nice.

In other words "if you are taken hostage in algeria try to run or kill yourself before the special forces arrive".
I watched video , taken by an algerian hostage , they talking about execute of some japoness , the terrorists killed most the hostage when they just enter the base and they tried to bomb the gas base .

it's huge number of terrorist and huge number of hostages ,in Gaz base.