• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All you want to know about the Catholic Church

Renji

But doesn't ToE contradict the bible? Isn't the bible supposed to be inspired and infallible? I don't see how you can say that we could possibly have a common ancestor.

I would like to answer you but do you realize that you are posting in the Catholic DIR? Supposedly, this DIR should focus on the beliefs if the Catholic faith, not faith of other religions. And supposedly, debates are not allowed in here. And supposedly the sources here should be Catholic. I'm just tolerating you, you know? All of those you asked are actually found on the sources I posted here. Read..

siweLSC

I would like to answer you but do you realize that you are posting in the Catholic DIR? Supposedly, this DIR should focus on the beliefs if the Catholic faith, not faith of other religions. And supposedly, debates are not allowed in here. And supposedly the sources here should be Catholic. I'm just tolerating you, you know? All of those you asked are actually found on the sources I posted here. Read..

:sorry1: Would you be happy to explain your position in a different thread?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Hey Katz! No, one does not need to be part of the hierarchy to be labelled as saint. There are a lot of saints that are not part of hierarchy, in fact, if I'm not mistaken, there a roughly 250 canonized lay saints (lay, meaning those that are aren't part of the clergy, like me). Examples are St. Lorenzo Ruiz- a martyr, St. Maria Goretti, St. Felicitas, etc.
Thanks Lawrence. :)

Renji

Hi Renji
How do you deal with the teaching that you are and always will be a "sinner"?

It's actually a form of humility to claim that instead of being self righteous. As the teaching of the Church (and the scripture says), that is the reason why the Son of Man came here into this world. He suffered so that we may be healed and so that sins may be forgiven.