• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alternative to evolution and creationism

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
PW...I got a kick out of that too. As soon as I saw it the very first thing that came to mind were (Lichens).....I mean really...when will these people just give it a rest....?????

:biglaugh:

This is not true, symbiotic relationships especially mutualism do not support the the neodarwinist interpretation of natural selection.
[youtube]KEjpGwfEJl0[/youtube]
Lichens - Millie Davenport - YouTube

http://azolla.fc.ul.pt/aulas/Estagios/Docs/MutualisticSymbioses.pdf

Mutualistic symbioses in plant and fungal hosts

"Lichens are mutualistic symbioses between fungi (there are more than 13 000 species of lichen fungi, representing 20% of all fungi species) and photosynthetic microbes (mostly green algae and cyanobacteria). Lichens are visible colonizers of rocks, tree trunks and other exposed surfaces in many different ecosystems, including forests, deserts, alpine areas and the upper reaches of rocky intertidal zones. In some areas, especially in polar regions, lichens are of particularly great ecological importance: more than 90% of terrestrial photosynthetic organisms in the Antarctic are lichens, which also form the dominant vegetation in parts of the Arctic tundra."

Last edited:
PW...I got a kick out of that too. As soon as I saw it the very first thing that came to mind were (Lichens).....I mean really...when will these people just give it a rest....?????

:biglaugh:

[youtube]KEjpGwfEJl0[/youtube]
Lichens - Millie Davenport - YouTube

http://azolla.fc.ul.pt/aulas/Estagios/Docs/MutualisticSymbioses.pdf

Mutualistic symbioses in plant and fungal hosts

"Lichens are mutualistic symbioses between fungi (there are more than 13 000 species of lichen fungi, representing 20% of all fungi species) and photosynthetic microbes (mostly green algae and cyanobacteria). Lichens are visible colonizers of rocks, tree trunks and other exposed surfaces in many different ecosystems, including forests, deserts, alpine areas and the upper reaches of rocky intertidal zones. In some areas, especially in polar regions, lichens are of particularly great ecological importance: more than 90% of terrestrial photosynthetic organisms in the Antarctic are lichens, which also form the dominant vegetation in parts of the Arctic tundra."

Sorry, I am not getting your point, you just pasted some evidence for a mutualistic symbiotic relationship in, how is this evidence for competition which drives the neodarwinist interpretation of evolution? mutualism is opposition to the competition idea of the darwinists.

idav

Being
Premium Member
whos driving this natural selection? where did the natural selection come from? and why?
Throw a bunch of species into the desert with their mates and see which ones survive. The ones that survive are naturally "selected". Many things including environment changes and the abundance of water can affect whether a species can survive in a given environment. It isn't that desert dwellers were designed for the desert it's just that the non-desert dwellers died off when the environment became a desert.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Sorry, I am not getting your point, you just pasted some evidence for a mutualistic symbiotic relationship in, how is this evidence for competition which drives the neodarwinist interpretation of evolution? mutualism is opposition to the competition idea of the darwinists.

Stop moving goal post. You never said, in your previous post, anything about "evidence for competition which drives the neodarwinist interpretation of evolution".......which basically means you know very little about Natural Selection and the (various) ways it actually works. "Competition" is not the only way by which Natural Selection occurs. I'm sure this has been explained already to you.