• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An American Monarchy?

Would you support establishing a Monarchy in America?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe/It Depends

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Don't Know/Other

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Laika

Premium Member
This is an idea I've occasionally come across on Reddit, but a handful of people would actually want to establish a Monarchy in the United States. This is usually a "Constitutional" Monarchy rather than anything more sinister as an Absolute Monarchy, but this is definitely "out there". I would be interested in any source material you have which sets out the concept in more detail, such as how it would be established, how the monarch is chosen, the rationale for having one in the first place.

But, I figured it's also an interesting topic for debate. So feel free to share your thoughts on the subject...

Who would you pick to be King or Queen of America if you could choose one? Or have you had enough of Independence and want to come back to the dark side under British Rule with Queen Liz? :D

(Voted "Don't Know".)

game-of-thrones-2011-wallpaper-iron-throne.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
We don't need a bloke with a fancy hat to rule us. We already have enough fancy-clothed clowns and monkeys and gorillas and mimes giving us enough troubles as it is.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This is an idea I've occasionally come across on Reddit, but a handful of people would actually want to establish a Monarchy in the United States. This is usually a "Constitutional" Monarchy rather than anything more sinister as an Absolute Monarchy, but this is definitely "out there". I would be interested in any source material you have which sets out the concept in more detail, such as how it would be established, how the monarch is chosen, the rationale for having one in the first place.

But, I figured it's also an interesting topic for debate. So feel free to share your thoughts on the subject...

Who would you pick to be King or Queen of America if you could choose one? Or have you had enough of Independence and want to come back to the dark side under British Rule with Queen Liz? :D

(Voted "Don't Know".)

I'd be ok with it but I think the Ruler should be decided by a duel to the death, or at least until one contender tapped out. That'd keep the king/queen in top physical shape.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I voted "other" as I don't live in the US.
One benefit of a monarchy would certainly be that a lot of money could be better spent than for campaigning every four years. And the monarchy doesn't have to be hereditary. The Holy Roman Empire had elected kings and emperors.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
if nominated I will repudiate
if elected I shall abdicate

No, no monarchy. we're already too close to that as it is...the Bushes, the attempt by the Clintons, the intent by some supporters of the Kennedys...the suggestions I've seen about Trump and his children...No. Nothing good can come from such nonsense.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I voted "other" as I don't live in the US.
One benefit of a monarchy would certainly be that a lot of money could be better spent than for campaigning every four years. And the monarchy doesn't have to be hereditary. The Holy Roman Empire had elected kings and emperors.
and that worked out soooo well...:confused:o_O:eek::D:oops::rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Do I have to do the "Rainbow of Sacrife" again and gather around everyone of every color and sacrifice them Satan in order to prove I'm not racist? I'm a misanthrope, dammit! You're a human, you may be targeted in one of my hate-laced "I hate you, and him, and her, and them" speeches. Not this time? Just wait till my next performance. I promise I'll get to it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do I have to do the "Rainbow of Sacrife" again and gather around everyone of every color and sacrifice them Satan in order to prove I'm not racist? I'm a misanthrope, dammit! You're a human, you may be targeted in one of my hate-laced "I hate you, and him, and her, and them" speeches. Not this time? Just wait till my next performance. I promise I'll get to it.
"Monkey" & "gorilla" are particularly racist.
And using them as epithets for politicians is specist.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
The Holy Roman Empire existed for 1000 years. Let's decide what worked well when the US is in it's 1000th year.
It was neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire, and it was an ineffective vehicle for anything beyond firming up the RC Church's collection of wealth and political power over the centuries

shmogie

W

(Voted "Don't Know".)

We already have many queens.