• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An American Monarchy?

Would you support establishing a Monarchy in America?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe/It Depends

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Don't Know/Other

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
This is an idea I've occasionally come across on Reddit, but a handful of people would actually want to establish a Monarchy in the United States. This is usually a "Constitutional" Monarchy rather than anything more sinister as an Absolute Monarchy, but this is definitely "out there". I would be interested in any source material you have which sets out the concept in more detail, such as how it would be established, how the monarch is chosen, the rationale for having one in the first place.

But, I figured it's also an interesting topic for debate. So feel free to share your thoughts on the subject...

Who would you pick to be King or Queen of America if you could choose one? Or have you had enough of Independence and want to come back to the dark side under British Rule with Queen Liz? :D

(Voted "Don't Know".)

game-of-thrones-2011-wallpaper-iron-throne.jpg

Nope and it's a good reason to invoke a nepotism clause on all govt positions. So a Presidents wife can't run for President. Or a Presidents son like Bush Jr for instance.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is an idea I've occasionally come across on Reddit, but a handful of people would actually want to establish a Monarchy in the United States. This is usually a "Constitutional" Monarchy rather than anything more sinister as an Absolute Monarchy, but this is definitely "out there". I would be interested in any source material you have which sets out the concept in more detail, such as how it would be established, how the monarch is chosen, the rationale for having one in the first place.

But, I figured it's also an interesting topic for debate. So feel free to share your thoughts on the subject...

Who would you pick to be King or Queen of America if you could choose one? Or have you had enough of Independence and want to come back to the dark side under British Rule with Queen Liz? :D

(Voted "Don't Know".)

game-of-thrones-2011-wallpaper-iron-throne.jpg

I'm against the idea of a monarchy in America. It wouldn't matter if it's a constitutional monarchy or an absolute monarchy; I'd still be against it.

But now that I think about it, if you're going to have a monarchy anyway, why not just go for the gusto and make it an absolute monarchy? What's the point of even having a "constitutional" monarchy? That's even more pointless than decaffeinated coffee or non-alcoholic beer. It also seems to be much more expensive.

George Washington made the right decision to absolutely reject any suggestion that he be named "King" of the United States. However, some have speculated what might have happened if George Washington did, indeed, accept the title of King of America.

America's 'Lost Monarchy': The Man Who Would Be King

https://blogs.ancestry.com/cm/king-of-america-who-would-be-washingtons-heir/

And the "royal" line, as it would have been:

washington-family-tree.png

I guess the differences depend on what rules of succession they would use. George Washington had no biological children of his own.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Inevitably, there would have been a Civil War of Succession...

The Roman Empire solved the problem of 'no heirs' by allowing the Emperors to adopt sons who could succeed them...that didn't work out too well most of the time...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Inevitably, there would have been a Civil War of Succession...

The Roman Empire solved the problem of 'no heirs' by allowing the Emperors to adopt sons who could succeed them...that didn't work out too well most of the time...

Probably would have been easiest to simply embed a sword in a stone, and whoever can pull it out gets to be in charge.

Either that, or they could have a Rite of Succession with the Ja'chuq, in which they have to list which battles they've won, which prizes they've taken, and prove their worthiness to lead the Empire.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Probably would have been easiest to simply embed a sword in a stone, and whoever can pull it out gets to be in charge.

Either that, or they could have a Rite of Succession with the Ja'chuq, in which they have to list which battles they've won, which prizes they've taken, and prove their worthiness to lead the Empire.
I have but one idea remaining: Deathmatch 2020! All of the candidates into an arena with a variety of materials from which weapons may be constructed...Kind of like Kirk vs. Gorn