• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An unreasonable debate...

Alceste

Vagabond
When I was a child I had a ring. A few times I went outside and put the ring on and the wind seemed to start acting up. It was most likely a coincidence or maybe just imagination or even placebo but I thought that I could control the power of the wind with this ring I had.

The Imagination of a child is very strong indeed. Many kids create imaginary friends who they treat as real entities. I would say that it doesn't sound so far fetched that an imaginary friend starts as or morphs into a god concept once one is discovered. I'm not saying that this is what happened in your scenario or in every case as I have no idea, but It seems a plausible explanation.

That totally reminds me - I used to think I could call up a wind as well. :D Good times.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Evolution does not address how the Universe and the Earth came into existence anyway.

The creation narrative does....Genesis.

Some say it's not coherent enough to believe.

I see by your banner.....You're not sure if we can know God?

I say....You know an Artist by His creation.

Parsimony

The creation narrative does....Genesis.
Rusra02 seemed to be implying that evolution is somehow relevant to cosmology and the origins of the Universe. It isn't, really. Belief in one does not affect belief in the other (or at least shouldn't).

I see by your banner.....You're not sure if we can know God?
By setting my religion to "Christian agnostic", I am saying that I believe in the Christian God while at the same time admitting that I could be wrong about His existence.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Rusra02 seemed to be implying that evolution is somehow relevant to cosmology and the origins of the Universe. It isn't, really. Belief in one does not affect belief in the other (or at least shouldn't).

No of course it doesn't/ That's why so many of these debates look silly as well, I assume there is attempt at understandability with genesis, if one reads anything completely literally it would take volumes of manuscripts to cover literal history...it's the 'written' word, not some magical genie in a bottle