• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient Art

Has anyone seen the ancient Native American cave and pottery art that supposedly depict dinosaurs? They have been discovered within the last two tecades, I think, in Central and South America. What do you make of them? Do they lend any credibility to the idea that man and dinosaurs co-existed?

Last edited:

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Has anyone seen the ancient Native American cave and pottery art that supposedly depict dinosaurs? They have been discovered within the last two tecades, I think, in Central and South America. What do you make of them? Do they lend any credibility to the idea that man and humans co-existed?

Although I'll grant that some men are barely human I'm pretty sure man and human co-existed...
But, that would hardly count as breaking news...

>_>

Dinosaurs on the other hand died out some 65 million years ago, long before humans arrived on the scene...
Unless you count birds of course. Because in that case I eat dinosaur steak quite regularly. :D

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
dino-art-wall-etchings-blanding-utah.jpg

I'm not impressed, but then I didn't see Jesus on the tortilla either.

evolved yet?

A Young Evolutionist
Would an ancient drawing of dragons and natives give credibility to the idea of humans and dragons coexisting?

A

angellous_evangellous

Has anyone seen the ancient Native American cave and pottery art that supposedly depict dinosaurs? They have been discovered within the last two tecades, I think, in Central and South America. What do you make of them? Do they lend any credibility to the idea that man and dinosaurs co-existed?

No. And no-one else has, either.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

skepdic.com - Ica Stones
The cave where the stones were allegedly discovered has never been identified, much less examined by scientists. Skeptics consider the stones to be a pathetic hoax, created for a gullible tourist trade.
Why don't scientists simply date the stones and settle the matter? Stones without organic material trapped in them can only be dated by dating the organic material in the strata in which they are found. Since Cabrera's stones come from some mystery cave which has never been identified, much less excavated, there is no way to date them.
Without following proper archeological procedures these images are no more evidence of man co-existing with dinosaurs than the Flintstones are.
fred-and-dino.jpg

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The Ica stones demonstrate how a clever poor man can make a lot of money with some hard work, 50's era depictions of dinosaurs and a bunch of rocks.

Now if any of the depictions didn't look like bad 50's-70's era tropes and reflected what we now know about the animals... then you may have something.

This is one of my faves... classic (incorrect) "kangaroo style" theropod!
dinosaur+age+engraved+stones.jpg

wa:do