• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And prices keep going up

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just got back from the grocery store. Lord have mercy.
Yep and the politicians keep on lying that inflation is now great and prices are falling.

My grocery store states the opposite of what the lying politicians are saying with absolutely no end in sight. I honestly don't know how people with families who , even as middle class , can even afford things anymore.

Prices are not falling and they are still going higher , and I'm sick and tired of people still blaming the supply shortage on it when it's obvious years down the road that it's just an excuse now.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You know, I used to think I had enough stashed away for retirement but I am really wondering now.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Yep and the politicians keep on lying that inflation is now great and prices are falling.

My grocery store states the opposite of what the lying politicians are saying with absolutely no end in sight. I honestly don't know how people with families who , even as middle class , can even afford things anymore.

Prices are not falling and they are still going higher , and I'm sick and tired of people still blaming the supply shortage on it when it's obvious years down the road that it's just an excuse now.
Inflation is cooling. Prices are rising. You're being lied to. You're being taken advantage of. Greed and grifting are the reason.

Kathryn

Gotta pay those unskilled workers, and then above them! You know, whatever happens, the wealthy ones at the top aren't taking a pay cut.

Kathryn

Picked up two bottles yesterday for #3.79 each ...

Speaking of which, why is there no (simply) chocolate creamer?
Yes, just last week I paid 3.49 for creamer - now it's 5.09 as of today. Sheeze! And I have no idea why there's no (simply) chocolate creamer.

Oh by the way, that's for the store brand. The Coffee Mate one was more. I don't know how much more because I don't buy it but it was more.

Twilight Hue

Nope, it's not.
Something I just paid 3.49 for just went up to 5.09. OMG.
Yep we are in the age of $30 pizzas , $10 being charged for just 12 average cans of Coke or other soft drinks.

Hell I've even seen small jars of mayonnaise selling for over $10, the Wendy's in my area chrsges $14 for its combo consisting of a soda, a small hamburger, and a small fries! That it.

A ham I used to buy for maybe 7 bucks is now well over $50 for the exact same size.

Watermelon in season used to be $2.50 now it's over $10 in my area For one small melon!

Deli meats under 1 pound I used to pay around 3 to 5 dollars, now it's in the 10 to 12 dollar range.

I could go on but I needn't do so. Most people know what they're seeing at the store.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
This is the Trump and Biden legacy. Biden caught on too late and tried to stop it. Trump simply wants more of the same, more tariffs meaning higher prices everywhere. This way he can blame someone else when our economy collapses due to hyperinflation. He already has tens of millions believing the left is solely responsible for what he initiated. Why? To rise in popularity and power.

But hey, he's willing to "lower" taxes.

Twilight Hue

Gotta pay those unskilled workers, and then above them! You know, whatever happens, the wealthy ones at the top aren't taking a pay cut.
Call it conspiracy or what not I really do believe politicians are trying to keep people poor and dependent as well as with the major corporations who they lie in bed with.

My logic is people in debt and people who are poor will do just anything to get out of their desperate situation making them very easy to control by political and corporate interests.

Personally in all my years exceeding well over half a century, I don't think I've ever seen it this bad and thoughts of people who were in The Great Depression creep into my mind fairly frequently as to what they must have felt, because I know I'm feeling the economic right now of what is being done to people with these never ending exorbitant sky high prices that are being experienced today.