• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And prices keep going up

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This is the Trump and Biden legacy. Biden caught on too late and tried to stop it. Trump simply wants more of the same, more tariffs meaning higher prices everywhere. This way he can blame someone else when our economy collapses due to hyperinflation. He already has tens of millions believing the left is solely responsible for what he initiated. Why? To rise in popularity and power.

But hey, he's willing to "lower" taxes.
That's really a crock of b******* because for some reason tariffs don't work for us, but they somehow, as if by some miracle, work wonderfully for other countries, and I know for a fact Trump is trying to fix that and if and when he is elected, I'm sure he'll be right back on the tariff bandwagon to make things fair again and to stop countries from taking advantage of America.

And that means another swipe at NAFTA and fix the goddamn mess that Clinton created.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
That's really a crock of b******* because for some reason tariffs don't work for us, but they somehow, as if by some miracle, work wonderfully for other countries, and I know for a fact Trump is trying to fix that and if and when he is elected, I'm sure he'll be right back on the tariff bandwagon to make things fair again and to stop countries from taking advantage of America.

And that means another swipe at NAFTA and fix the goddamn mess that Clinton created.
The first Bush initiated NAFTA. Get your facts straight. And that Tax Foundation thing. Yeah, they're a conservative group. One I like.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

Tax Foundation, a conservative organization, begs to differ (concerning Trump tariffs).

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You know, I used to think I had enough stashed away for retirement but I am really wondering now.
Yep we are in the age of $30 pizzas , $10 being charged for just 12 average cans of Coke or other soft drinks. Hell I've even seen small jars of mayonnaise selling for over $10, the Wendy's in my area chrsges $14 for its combo consisting of a soda, a small hamburger, and a small fries! That it. A ham I used to buy for maybe 7 bucks is now well over $50 for the exact same size. Watermelon in season used to be $2.50 now it's over $10 in my area For one small melon! Deli meats under 1 pound I used to pay around 3 to 5 dollars, now it's in the 10 to 12 dollar range.
Some practical advice from a lifelong saver with humble tastes and a relatively low cost of living.

If you're reaching the limits of what you have to spend, it's imperative to make adjustments now. How cheaply can you live? What are you spending money on that you don't need? Fast food needs to go or be severely limited. Students do it with Ramen and Mac and Cheese. Here in Mexico, people eat tortillas, rice and refried beans which is nutritious and inexpensive. Maybe you have more streaming services than you need or can afford. Maybe you spend more on clothes that you need to. If you're a woman, you might need to cut back on hair tinting, facials, and mani-pedis. If you're a man, maybe it's time to give up bar hopping and drinking out if you do those things, or online gambling. Do you spend a lot on gas commuting to work? Maybe it's time to move or change jobs.

Whatever your current situation and standard of living, the principle is the same: can I still live in the manner to which I've become accustomed? If you can, then just pay the surcharge. If that's impossible or becoming that way, don't wait until all of your resources are exhausted before you begin downsizing your life.

The important thing is to not get to the point where you are unable to afford your standard of living and to have exhausted your savings and credit, and it doesn't matter who you think put you in that position. It's very difficult to come back from that late in life. I know. Mexico is a haven for those who are living on just a Social Security check, but many of those people are now beginning to be threatened with homelessness and food insecurity, and unless they find a benefactor, there's no way out for them.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yep and the politicians keep on lying that inflation is now great and prices are falling.

My grocery store states the opposite of what the lying politicians are saying with absolutely no end in sight. I honestly don't know how people with families who , even as middle class , can even afford things anymore.

Prices are not falling and they are still going higher , and I'm sick and tired of people still blaming the supply shortage on it when it's obvious years down the road that it's just an excuse now.
Okay -- what do you want the government to do?

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Picked up two bottles yesterday for #3.79 each ...

Speaking of which, why is there no (simply) chocolate creamer?

I only use half and half but buy creamer for guests who like it.

Walmart has mocha creamer:

0d35b6ce-7a10-4082-a72b-12350d48a9b4_1.e1c39a062ea6dea2e8b930b7f4c5a75c.jpeg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Whose watch is it happening on?
I'll ask you the same: what is it that you want the government to do? Set prices on all consumer goods and try to force producers, importers, wholesalers and retailers to obey? And when those producers, importers, wholesalers and retailers go out of business, do you think the government should take on all those tasks?

Do you believe in markets? Do you believe in free markets? Or do you think governments should dictate what products should be available, in what quantity and at what price?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yep we are in the age of $30 pizzas , $10 being charged for just 12 average cans of Coke or other soft drinks.

Hell I've even seen small jars of mayonnaise selling for over $10, the Wendy's in my area chrsges $14 for its combo consisting of a soda, a small hamburger, and a small fries! That it.

I find it intriguing that you think of that as expensive. I think you guys are just really used to things being cheap...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I find it intriguing that you think of that as expensive. I think you guys are just really used to things being cheap...
Very much so. We've lived on the backs of exploitation for so long to enjoy cheap prices that we don't have any idea what stuff really costs, especially in fair, humane markets.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

We Never Know

No Slack
This is the Trump and Biden legacy. Biden caught on too late and tried to stop it. Trump simply wants more of the same, more tariffs meaning higher prices everywhere. This way he can blame someone else when our economy collapses due to hyperinflation. He already has tens of millions believing the left is solely responsible for what he initiated. Why? To rise in popularity and power.

But hey, he's willing to "lower" taxes.
Eh... With the effects of covid still hurting the econony, wage inreases, shortage of workers and supplies,,,,,, it isn't going to get much better anytime soon.

The only thing keeping gas prices down is because its election year. Its always that way. Amazing how its cheaper to produce gas during election year :rolleyes:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Inflation is cooling. Prices are rising. You're being lied to. You're being taken advantage of. Greed and grifting are the reason.
Yes! And BOTH the Dems and the GOP are lying to you, and blaming each other. They have all been corrupted by oligarchs.