• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

...and Trump goes Democrat

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/trump-60-minutes-teaser-1.3848411

Save Obamacare? Ask Bill and Obama for advice? Hillary is "very strong and very smart"? In the immortal words of Terence and Phillip, "What the f@*$ is going on?"
I can't remember who it was who said it, but I think a few people said this. Donald Trump listens to the last person in the room with him, the person who spoke to him most recently. So Trump spent a little over an hour with Obama and comes out talking like a democrat. But remember he is now going to go back and listen to his advisors, like Gingrich and Bannon and Giuliani.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Or, he realizes the current President and cronies are radical leftist nutcases and doesn't want them to panic/screw everything up before he gets in. I'd do exactly what he's doing, calm their fears and when I run the show do exactly what I promised.

But if he fails to do what he promised, it'll be up to his supporters to hold his feet to the fire, and remember the reasons he was elected.

Signed,

- Someone who respectfully disagrees with you on many policy positions, i.e. radical left nutcase

idav

Being
Premium Member

Save Obamacare? Ask Bill and Obama for advice? Hillary is "very strong and very smart"? In the immortal words of Terence and Phillip, "What the f@*$ is going on?"
Cause he has been a Democrat for years and friends with Clintons for just as long. He does have conservative tendencies which is why I call him a conservative Democrat. I'm just not sure why so many people jump when he said he had a bridge for sale.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
But if he fails to do what he promised, it'll be up to his supporters to hold his feet to the fire, and remember the reasons he was elected.

Signed,

- Someone who respectfully disagrees with you on many policy positions, i.e. radical left nutcase

There is nothing admirable about the radical left, or the hyper-conservative right. They're both completely useless and unbalanced ideologies. There are plenty of dimwits on both teams.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
There is nothing admirable about the radical left, or the hyper-conservative right. They're both completely useless and unbalanced ideologies. There are plenty of dimwits on both teams.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure there are few of each that have actually been elected. . . Obama's label as "radical left" seems pretty unwarranted to me .

What are the positions of the radical left?

What are the positions of the hyper conservative?

Who in government currently represents those positions?

sandycreekboy

im anti trump but i will say this is normal politics you tell people what they want to hear then get their vote get in and do what you want thats the way it works thats the way its always worked if you can show me an honest politician then i will show you a layer that doesnt like money its that rare

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
To think that Trump's grift stops with the election is to underestimate his ambition. There's more to come and we'll blame the stupublicans when it hits.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure there are few of each that have actually been elected. . . Obama's label as "radical left" seems pretty unwarranted to me .

What are the positions of the radical left?

What are the positions of the hyper conservative?

Who in government currently represents those positions?

Honestly, Obama called himself a radical and considered Saul Alinsky a mentor. Before his political career he was a community organizer who was being groomed by these people, if you will. When he assumed the presidency these associations had been covered up, but nonetheless about five or ten minutes of detective work would yield pages of information on it. I don't say it lightly, and rarely do I accuse anyone of being radical...

Sultan Of Swing

He reminds me of the 1950s British Labour Party. Left-wing economically, socially conservative. (Apologies to all Labour supporters.) After all, he does call himself the 'king of debt'. That's about as left-wing as you can go. :p

He seems to have always had a soft spot for healthcare, it was just a year ago he seemed like he was supporting universal healthcare, and then backtracked to appease the party.

Not that I pretend to think I understand the mind of this man at all.

Kirran

Premium Member
Now the British Labour Party is right-wing economically but socially vaguely progressive! Or the Blairites are anyway, the Corbynistas vaguely nod in the left-wing direction.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Underhill

That's the reason why he won.

He's not in it totally for Democrats or Republicans.

He's in it for the country and its own people.

Make America great again.

I'll wait and see. I'm not convinced that he isn't in the honeymoon phase. Once the poo hits the windmill we will see if warm and fuzzy Trump is still around.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The 'hyuge' wall will now be a fence. This guy really cracks me up if he didn't scare the crap out of me. I'm guessing we're going to see %99 of those promises get ignored or changed beyond recognition. What a con man.