• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animal sacrifice: out of fashion

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
As she explained to you
Look under my username. I now use he/him/they/them pronouns. I know for a little while i went by any pronoun but I hate being called she too much so I changed it back to he/him/they/them. I'm also cool with neo pronouns and it/it's pretty much any besides she but that wouldn't fit in the box

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
I noticed that. And I agree if he going to post a video he should be sure it's from an actual kosher slaughterhouse. But quoting peta...i get being ignorant on it but to claim that you concerned about the welfare of the animals and yet quote a group known for harming animals that most folk who know anything about animal rights knows not to trust...it definitely shows bias. Or at the least a lack of knowledge regarding the animal rights movement.

Good point,@VoidCat. I didn't see @Subduction Zone's quoting of PETA as I'm not following this any longer, but I do tend to follow your posts. PETA is notoriously unreliable, as they not only cover up their own misdeeds but they also reveal their hateful fanaticism in other ways. Such as their campaign awhile back in which they callously exploited the Holocaust (including photographs of Nazi concentration camps) for their anti-meat campaign titled "Holocaust on Your Plate." Quoting PETA (and using other PETA sources such as videos claiming to be taken in a kosher slaughterhouse without any actual verification identifying the slaughterhouse as such) in order to make a case against Jewish kashrut and shechita does not indicate a concern for animals nearly as much as it indicates an anti-Jewish bias (at the very least).

Edited to add video:

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Good point,@VoidCat. I didn't see @Subduction Zone's quoting of PETA as I'm not following this any longer, but I do tend to follow your posts. PETA is notoriously unreliable, as they not only cover up their own misdeeds but they also reveal their hateful fanaticism in other ways. Such as their campaign awhile back in which they callously exploited the Holocaust (including photographs of Nazi concentration camps) for their anti-meat campaign titled "Holocaust on Your Plate." Quoting PETA (and using other PETA sources such as videos claiming to be taken in a kosher slaughterhouse without any actual verification identifying the slaughterhouse as such) in order to make a case against Jewish kashrut and shechita does not indicate a concern for animals nearly as much as it indicates an anti-Jewish bias (at the very least).

Edited to add video:
I'll watch the video later but peta is definitely horrible. I did see the campaign regarding comparing eating meat to the holocaust.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Edited to add video:
One, and only one source was PETA, and that was more recent. Why are you ignoring the others? Especially the government sources? Opposing ritual slaughter is not antisemitic. And do you seriously believe that they got actors to play the parts of Jewish butchers? One can tell by the knives used whether someone is doing kosher or halal slaughter alone. It sounds as if you are moving into conspiracy theory territory.

I have a question for you. In Australia when it comes to adult cattle stunning after the cut is required in kosher slaughter. Do you oppose this and if so why?