• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Example of Pagan Holidays:Valentines Day!

XAAX

Katzpur said:
I don't think you'll find very many RFers who aren't well-aware of that fact, and I don't personally know anybody who celebrates Valentines Day as a religious holiday anyway. I'm just glad my husband remembered the flowers!!

OH, I agree Kat...it wasn't meant really for a debate. It is one of my favorite holidays. I am a hopeless romantic though. I just got done preparing my wifes favorite Chinese dish. Teriyaki Chicken served over chow mein noodles. I love it too, it just takes 2 1/2 hours to prepare, not including the time it took to get all the fresh vegetables and herbs I had to go buy earlier. It's very healthy for you also. I would offer you some but I don't deliver that far...:D

I would like to know from the women. Would you be happy on Valentines Day if - Your husband had you take the day off from work to relax and do nothing. Brought you a bundle of White roses, candies, and a card. Then cooked you your favorite meal then served it to you. Oh, and took care of the kids...Maybe I should do a poll...lol...just wondering...What else would make your day better?

Ernestine

If you want to read a good book that really explains the pagan influence on holidays and papal worship, get "The Two Babylons" by Alexander Hislop. You will be shocked that many of the traditions, symbols, etc. that people think are everyday common are tied to false pagan worship.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
XAAX said:
OH, I agree Kat...it wasn't meant really for a debate. It is one of my favorite holidays. I am a hopeless romantic though. I just got done preparing my wifes favorite Chinese dish. Teriyaki Chicken served over chow mein noodles. I love it too, it just takes 2 1/2 hours to prepare, not including the time it took to get all the fresh vegetables and herbs I had to go buy earlier. It's very healthy for you also. I would offer you some but I don't deliver that far...:D
Well, that's a shame, 'cause it sure sounds yummy.

I would like to know from the women.
Would you be happy on Valentines Day if - Your husband had you take the day off from work to relax and do nothing. Brought you a bundle of White roses, candies, and a card. Then cooked you your favorite meal then served it to you. Oh, and took care of the kids...Maybe I should do a poll...lol...just wondering...What else would make your day better?
Boy, you are a romantic! My husband and I both had to work, but he did bring me a card and roses and took me out to dinner. The kids are grown and out of the house, so that's not an issue with us. Anyway, it sounds like your wife got the royal treatment!

XAAX

Katzpur said:
Boy, you are a romantic! My husband and I both had to work, but he did bring me a card and roses and took me out to dinner. The kids are grown and out of the house, so that's not an issue with us. Anyway, it sounds like your wife got the royal treatment!

Thanks Kat, I thought so but just wanted some feed back from a non bias source...:)

Some more links to the lore and history of Valentine's Day:

:) Links and their summaries from Yahoo.

Kcnorwood

This used to be one of my favorite topics when I first became a pagan. These days it's old news but still can be fun. I think most people know this & those who don't are living in the dark ages & like it that way. I ran across one christian I told this A long time ago & she took a monent to ponder this & then said.... Yeah well it's ours now so deal with it.!

:thud: