• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I like how irrefutable things are so often easily refuted.
What I find interesting is that it seems as if a belief system has been created here, based not on faith, but on whether random people on the internet are willing to respond to a bunch of unsupported claims just so that any that try get the same answer over and over and over and over and over and over...

I don't think I've ever seen what strangers do used as the basis of a belief system.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ok.

It is logically impossible for us to know anything with absolute certainty. Claiming to be able to would put us in the position of claiming we are omniscient. It would only take a single failure in the form of a wrong answer to show that we are not omniscient. Admitting an error would also qualify.

We cannot know every possible outcome, nor can we even be certain of all the actual outcomes that have existed.

The best we can do is rely on evidence and logical and reasoned conclusions arrived at the best we can.

To claim something is irrefutable would mean that the claimant has tested the claim in every possible way with certainty to determine that there is no way to refute the claim.

But this may be arguable.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Further, your use of the phrase "so often" indicates that you don't know with any certainty that there exists claims that truly are irrefutable. Thus you cannot know with any certainty how often or easily irrefutable claims are actually refuted. We don't know what the false positives and false negatives of refuting is doing.

It could be rootin' tootin' refutin' or nutin.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok.

It is logically impossible for us to know anything with absolute certainty. Claiming to be able to would put us in the position of claiming we are omniscient. It would only take a single failure in the form of a wrong answer to show that we are not omniscient. Admitting an error would also qualify.

We cannot know every possible outcome, nor can we even be certain of all the actual outcomes that have existed.

The best we can do is rely on evidence and logical and reasoned conclusions arrived at the best we can.

To claim something is irrefutable would mean that the claimant has tested the claim in every possible way with certainty to determine that there is no way to refute the claim.

But this may be arguable.
One needn't be omniscient to know something with certainty.
Consider the a priori true statement: 1 + 1 = 2.
But certainty about things a posteriori is fraught with peril, eg, the Sun will rise tomorrow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Further, your use of the phrase "so often" indicates that you don't know with any certainty that there exists claims that truly are irrefutable. Thus you cannot know with any certainty how often or easily irrefutable claims are actually refuted. We don't know what the false positives and false negatives of refuting is doing.

It could be rootin' tootin' refutin' or nutin.
Goodness!
My simple claims can be made into such complexity.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
One needn't be omniscient to know something with certainty.
Consider the a priori true statement: 1 + 1 = 2.
But certainty about things a posteriori is fraught with peril, eg, the Sun will rise tomorrow.
In this video, the eminent mathematician Costello presents irrefutable proof that 7 X 13 is 28.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

The following proves that God Almighty is the Creator of all things.
All things? Like the genes that cause cancer in children. Like flesh eating bacteria that is fatal for humans. Like Zeka and Malaria carried by mosquitoes that God created and has killed hundreds of thousands of people. Your God created an unstable planet where earthquakes topple the buildings humans rely on, and often die as they collapse. God created weather phenomenon that is so destructive that whole towns can be wived out, and cities flooded. More people die. Your God created genetics so unreliable that occassionally a child is born with defects, or genes so bad the fetus never survives to the point of birth. Some folks are born with defects that cause mental health problems, and they will suffer all through life. Only in modern times has science been able to sort out these defects and create medicines that defy God's will of these people suffering illness. Do you think God deliberately created a child with genes that cause cancer? If so is it a sin that doctors work to fight that cancer and deny God's will? Is medicine that cures God's created health problems evil?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why do you need to prove it? Whom are you trying to convince, yourself or others? I always wonder this about Christians .. why the need for apologetics and proof. Isn't your faith enough?
Some Christians demand that God has to be their personal version of God. They will go to all sorts of "proofs" to show that this is the case. But oddly enough none of these Christians are willing to take God's work as evidence for how he made the world.

There are some very oppressive versions of Christianity that largely relies upon threats to keep their followers in line. People have been indoctrinated with fear since they were very young children. And it can be very hard to throw off those shackles. I do not know for sure if the OP belongs to such a sect, but his posts are the sort one usually gets from victims of this sort of forced belief.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

The following proves that God Almighty is the Creator of all things.
You haven't defined what real thing you intend to denote when you say "God". And I have no idea what a real god is.

How do you tell whether any real suspect is God or not?

What is the real quality "godness", which a real god has and any real other lacks?

What are we actually talking about?

Suppose that you had never seen a modern cell phone or knew of its existence. You find such a device. An examination of its incredible uses and how intricately it was made would prove the existence of the intelligent makers of that phone.
As has already been pointed out, "intricate making" is just as true of vegetation ─ or blue whales, or cephalopods, or lice, or ants, or microorganisms ─, as it is of mobile phones. But they're all explained by evolution, not an "intelligent maker".

Now consider a large modern city. There are very many cell phones in it and a huge host of other things and activities that make that city and its inhabitants function.
Consider the body of a mouse. There are billions of cells in it and a huge host of other things and activities that make a mouse function. Evolution again.

An analysis of that city proves the existence of the intelligent beings that made, run, and function in that city.
It's self-evidently built by humans, no?

An analysis of that civilization proves the existence of the intelligent beings that made that civilization.
Well, perhaps they've all died out and AI keeps things going, but ...

Finally look at all living things in the world. The intricacies of living things (DNA, RNA, proteins, enzymes, organs, reproduction, the interconnected food chain etc) and their irreducible mutual complexity is way beyond anything that man has made and by an enormous amount.
There is no known example of "irreducible complexity". The old favorites, the immune system, the blood-clotting cascade and the flagellum, were long ago explained by exaptation at the Dover trial 2005. If you haven't studied the judgment, might I suggest you do so.

All people have done so far is try to understand how living things work and even now are just scratching the surface.
Do you wish to trivialize human scientific and technical progress? Our advances in genetics, our biological knowhow that could produce half a dozen or more different Covid vaccines in a remarkably short time? And so on and so on?

Thus, an examination of all living things and how they interact with the rest of the creation proves the existence of Almighty God the Creator of all things.
Even if you'd provided a necessary and sufficient definition of 'God', in my view, "Living things are complicated. Therefore 'God' exists" is a simple non-sequitur, no?

You'd have to refute the modern theory of evolution, which puts all the evidence together and sets out to explain the history of life on earth, complexity and all, no?

This proof uses mathematical induction. Thus, the proof is irrefutable.
n = intelligently designed objects.
n=1 is just one cell phon, an intelligently designed object
n=k is many cell phones and all other intelligently designed objects.
n>0 -> C>=0 where C is the number of intelligent creators.
I dealt with this above. I can add that you haven't shown that humans are intelligently designed rather than the product of billions of years of evolution on earth. Your error has the unfortunate name of 'argument from ignorance'.

I suggest you have much to gain, and nothing to lose, by reading the judgment in the Dover trial (on the link above), and by acquainting yourself with the basics of the modern theory of evolution and of genetics.