• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You can believe your myth if you want.
Thank you.
You have no idea how having your permission will help me sleep at night.

If you believe man just evolved then isn't that how he was created?
YOU are the one making the bold empty claim that man was "created".
Interestingly enough, your use of the word here indicates you are either ignorant of the definition or being dishonest about it.
Neither case inductive of honest meaningful discourse.

TrueBeliever37

I don't accept certain interpretations of scripture, but I have never said that I don't accept scripture. And scripture says nothing about the origin of eggs.

And you can't support your claims. This is becoming an established fact.

You also can't prove that God didn't create the way the evidence indicates.

It isn't a straw man. It is a question derived from the natural flow of your claims. Which you have not demonstrated in any rational way I might add. Just because you rely on logical fallacies, does not make you an expert in them to suddenly declare rational questions to be logical fallacies only for the security of failing to present your own arguments or follow up on your claims.

Yes you have. That is what you are arguing.
No need to continue as you misrepresent what I say.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes it is. And it's a much better explanation than that man just evolved.
No. It isn't. Not in this line of discussion. You have made claims. It is your duty and responsibility to follow up on those claims and explain them with evidence to convince us your claims are the best explanations for that evidence.

You don't seem to even understand that let alone have the tools to carry it out.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You can believe your myth if you want. If you believe man just evolved then isn't that how he was created?
Do you remember those old Westerns where the bad guys would run away wildly shooting in every direction over their shoulders. That is the picture your post brings to my mind. Not that you are a bad guy, but that you are running away and shooting wildly over your shoulder hoping to hit something.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No need to continue as you misrepresent what I say.
I have not. The need you feel to discontinue seems to be based on your inability to actually support your claims and come up with any sort of valid argument.

I accept your resignation from the field.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I kept thinking some common sense might evolve.
I keep hoping to see it too as I watch your arguments dwindle down to passive aggressive, non-specific, personal commentary about the other parties involved with continued distancing from supporting claims made.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Your idea of "common sense" relies far to heavily on ignorance to be worth while.
Especially given the fact you completely ignored every thing presented that showed you to be flat out wrong.
I find it is often a misapplied term. I find that many people like to refer to what they believe is common sense when common sense would tell us that this is not a sound basis to draw conclusions.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I find it is often a misapplied term. I find that many people like to refer to what they believe is common sense when common sense would tell us that this is not a sound basis to draw conclusions.
I notice, at least on message boards, that the term "common sense" is mostly used when the user has nothing to support the claim because they see it as a given unquestionable fact and should be seen the same by everyone.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I notice, at least on message boards, that the term "common sense" is mostly used when the user has nothing to support the claim because they see it as a given unquestionable fact and should be seen the same by everyone.
I am amused at how powerful some people think a single, isolated observation about chickens refutes an entire theory based on much greater and deeper evidence and understanding than that single observation indicates while the claim being made about it is declared common sense as if that wipes away a couple of centuries of science and accumulated evidence.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well it does get a little difficult and confusing to even attempt defend your position when attacked by a mob.
So, your inability to support your claims isn't your fault, it is ours. Wow! If I could control others like you imply, we wouldn't be here at all.

I didn't know a couple of people asking you to support your claims or pointing out the flaws in them constituted a mob.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am amused at how powerful some people think a single, isolated observation about chickens refutes an entire theory based on much greater and deeper evidence and understanding than that single observation indicates while the claim being made about it is declared common sense as if that wipes away a couple of centuries of science and accumulated evidence.
The thing is, it IS powerful.
To them.

It is when the observation is presented to others that they face the idea that it is not as powerful to others as it is to them.
Some people can not accept that.