• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Trans attempts attack on schools

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh. And i'm not avoiding your question. Its a stupid question. No one is wanting it easier to get guns.(that's the point of your question.

Uhh that is wildly false and contradicted by the literal fact of states easing gun regulations.

Before you accuse others of stupidity, get your facts straight.

We Never Know

No Slack
More kids? We were talking about kids.

The US could probably stand to have better policies on smoking and alcohol than they currently do. It's wild to me that there are still states that allow smoking in restaurants and other workplaces.

Alcohol is trickier, since anyone with the ingredients for bread can make it in their kitchen, so it's harder to restrict. Still, better policies are possible.

Over 4,000 kids per year is nothing to sneeze at.

"Every year, there are more than 4,000 alcohol-related deaths in individuals under the age of 21"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That you’re more gun happy than kid happy???
That's the kind of view that one acquires
by thinking that what's sensationalized in
the news is an accurate picture of reality.

I've found it interesting to watch videos of
people who travel to foreign countries
(especially to USA), & discuss how their
expectations matched (or not) the reality
they found.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

We Never Know

No Slack
"The law allows eligible citizens 21 years of age and up to carry without asking the government for a permit and without paying a fee. The legislation does not change who is eligible to obtain a carry permit, and those who still wish to get a permit may do so under the law. "

Sounds easier to me.

Its not easier to get a gun. That's your argument.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Does its makes it easier for a kid to get? A felon to get?
They aren't cheaper. You still pay the price. You get a break in taxes.

If you pay less in taxes, they are literally cheaper. So yes, it makes them easier to get. Its less of a financial burden to obtain one.

Again, how hard is this to grasp?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"The law allows eligible citizens 21 years of age and up to carry without asking the government for a permit and without paying a fee. The legislation does not change who is eligible to obtain a carry permit, and those who still wish to get a permit may do so under the law. "

Sounds easier to me.
It's not easier to get them.
It's merely easier to legally carry them.
I strongly suspect that many who were carrying illegally didn't need a change in the law.

My problem is the lack of training required for carrying guns.
This applies not just to civilians, but also cops, who appear
to often be woefully screened & trained for the responsibility.

We Never Know

No Slack
It literally makes it easier to carry a concealed weapon.

This is called an easing of gun regulations. Which is what I said was happening.

It makes it legal. Just as it is in these states.

Currently, the other states with permitless carry laws are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It makes it legal. Just as it is in these states.

Currently, the other states with permitless carry laws are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming

Yeah. It's easier to do things that are legal.

Again, how hard is this to grasp?