• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Advice needed please!

BFD_Zayl

well, just read around. almost ever religion has a forum here, often with a thread giving a basic overview, look around, read, and reflect. this way you might get a general idea of what feels right for you, if nothing does feel quite right then you could form your own type of spirituality that suits you.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Westy said:
I suppose in a way i must do, as i believe in Evolution. When i think of god, i think in a literal sense, of the bible. Adam and Eve, Turning water to wine etc, Everything i was taught at primary school (i went to a C of E school). I know how ignorant that will sound, but its all i know!

So yes i think i do see God as he is portrayed in the bible, and i have always thought that any religion opposed science!!

And PArdus your not way off, you might be spot on. Thanks for saying this.

I suppose what people are saying is right, its me thats got to figure it out, no one can tell me!

I've read your posts, and to me your problem seems to be an internal acknowledgement of the existence of God, but that knowledge conflicts with what you've been taught about God. This forum is a wonderful way to look at other viewpoints of God and many other reasons for our existence.

The only way one can learn is to discard that which one has already learnt so ones mind is open to apparant conflictions.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I do hope you find what belief system rings true for you. I was lucky and found a few books that displayed what I'd been thinking almost straight after I started rejecting what I'd been taught. But I also know some who have been confused for a 10 years or more.

I do hope to be a part of your journey of discovery

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
A great soul said "There is one only one religion, the religion of love." See this love in yourself, in everyone you meet and in all of life. Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Ask the universe or if you believe in God, to guide you.

Arabis

see me run
There are so many religions and so many different types of people in the world. My advice would be to really ask yourself to find a purpose in your life or a religion that can answer all of your questions or at least one that feels right to you. Really study and think about what you want out of this life and if you believe in life after this. Hope that helped.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Greetings Westy. Just wanted to wish you the best in finding what you wish. My thoughts have already been expressed basically by Halcyon in serching out the God that you can relate to and by Hema in the importance of love; and others. Many of us have posts here in RF along those lines that may be of some help. For me personally, I found an eclectic approach beginning with an open mind and seeking wisdom. I followed the heart on readings of interest - reading then accepting or rejecting or putting on hold if I did not know.