• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are All Welcome to Church???????

Muffled

Jesus in me
I wonder why you have this in the Biblical debates.............

However, I will quote a passage that is rather apt...........
Luke 15: 1 - 10
1 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.”
3 So he told them this parable:
4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it?
5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, `Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.’

I think this is such a case; if parents are concerned, they can take care of their children; but Christ would ask us and hope to expect us to give the man who sinned every chance of redeeming himself.

LOL, I don't necessarily view the UCC as holding too close to Biblical beliefs in their determinations having attended a few of their churches. Hopefully there are some churches out there that do and that makes your Biblical references germaine to them.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
NEW YORK TIMES

Carlsbad,Calif.
On a Marquee outside and on a banner inside, Pilgrim United Church of Christ proclaims, "All are welcome." In late January, Mark Pliska, 53 told the congregation here that he had been in prison for molesting children, but that he sought a place to worship. Pliska's request has plunged the close-knit congregation into a painful discussion about applying faith in a difficult real world situation. The Congregants now wonder, are all truly welcome???? If they are, how do you ensure the safety of Children? What about adult survivors of sexual abuse??? Can a offender of who accepts Christ truly Change?

Rev. Madison Shockley said some people said "if he stays I will leave" and a few families have stop attending. The United Church of Christ takes pride in its liberalism, but I think we have been though a loss of innocence, we are not as liberal as we may think. Are all truly welcome?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

If you're going to post images, get your own server or Photobucket account. Bandwidth stealing and direct linking are incredibly rude.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
LOL, I don't necessarily view the UCC as holding too close to Biblical beliefs in their determinations having attended a few of their churches. Hopefully there are some churches out there that do and that makes your Biblical references germaine to them.
UCC churches exist by congregational convenant, as do UU churches. As such, if a sheep is lost it's not the shepherd who goes looking for him or her, it's the entire flock. The congregation will work things out so that all have had their needs and concerns considered. Which is exactly what they did in this case.

look3467

Premium Member
Justice concerns the proper ordering of things and persons within a society. As a concept it has been subject to philosophical, legal, and theological reflection and debate throughout history>>>
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian Justice.
Where is the line drawn, how is it drawn and who draws it?

Since everybody is at a measure of faith, not everybody can draw the same line.

Each one of us has to by reason of faith, education and life's experience determine where we draw the line in any given situation, taking into consideration the human element.
The church advertised "all welcome", but has restrictions.
Should have advertised in stead, by restriction, all welcome.
The ability to accept all, requires complete risk with the congregation ready to sacrifice all if need be.

So, let it be to everyone what their conscience will allow, for there will be other issues to deal with as life goes on that may change our views and or minds about somethings.

I therefore condemn not the church for is attempt to live just and right.
But to live by those standards, requires testing, and in the testing is where love is born, otherwise, we are destined to repeat it until we get it right.

Peace>>>AJ

Muffled

Jesus in me
Christian Justice.
Where is the line drawn, how is it drawn and who draws it?

Since everybody is at a measure of faith, not everybody can draw the same line.

Each one of us has to by reason of faith, education and life's experience determine where we draw the line in any given situation, taking into consideration the human element.
The church advertised "all welcome", but has restrictions.
Should have advertised in stead, by restriction, all welcome.
The ability to accept all, requires complete risk with the congregation ready to sacrifice all if need be.

So, let it be to everyone what their conscience will allow, for there will be other issues to deal with as life goes on that may change our views and or minds about somethings.

I therefore condemn not the church for is attempt to live just and right.
But to live by those standards, requires testing, and in the testing is where love is born, otherwise, we are destined to repeat it until we get it right.

Peace>>>AJ

Who is justified? Jesus said it was the person repenting their sins but the person who had already justified himself by declaring himself righteous was not justified before God.