• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Atheists just close minded Agnostics?

Tristesse

They would have managed to disengage the theory from the original myth by Lemaitre. You now not only touched the forbidden initial condition, but went even further making the theory to sound like a perfect Creation myth.

The unborn god gave birth to himself and the universe all at once! (Egyptian theology).

I'm sorry man. But you're not making any sense.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I learned how to use the quote button.:yes: And that my thoughts are not the only ones I should take into account.
ohh nice.... Hmm i relearned its not what you say but how you say it, its not what you ask but how you ask it, its not what you are taught but how you understand it...

riley2112

ohh nice.... Hmm i relearned its not what you say but how you say it, its not what you ask but how you ask it, its not what you are taught but how you understand it...
I really like the way you put that. It seems to cover the whole idea of the thread.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I really like the way you put that. It seems to cover the whole idea of the thread.
thank you friend i just hope others can learn from or agree with this, for it would bring us one step closer to world peace.

Trimijopulos

Hard-core atheist
Premium Member
I'm sorry man. But you're not making any sense.
OK, Let’s try again.
You wrote:

But regardless of any of that, what difference would it make if they postulated an explanation for "before the big bang?"

I answered:

They would have managed to disengage from the original myth by Lemaitre.

There is no “before” with myths of creation, especially “Ex nihilo” ones -“out of nothing”- as the specific ones are called.

The theory avoids reference to the “initial condition”, in other words to the original event itself, and you did go beyond it by saying that even time did not exist before the BB.
So I wrote:

You now not only touched the forbidden initial condition, but went even further making the theory to sound like a perfect Creation myth.

In the Egyptian theology the god who creates the universe is his own father:
The unborn god gave birth to himself and the universe all at once! (Egyptian theology).

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
And in the case of this thread, my first reaction is why dissociate atheists?
:shrug: Atheists, the people, aren't what this thread is about. It's about the open-mindedness of agnosticism (which I've already argued against). To approach the topic open mindedly would, at very least, involve dissociating atheists from atheism, agnostics from agnosticism.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
:shrug: Atheists, the people, aren't what this thread is about. It's about the open-mindedness of agnosticism (which I've already argued against). To approach the topic open mindedly would, at very least, involve dissociating atheists from atheism, agnostics from agnosticism.
well said along with defining open mindedness wich i did a few posts back =D
ideas vs the idea holders.... hmm

Tristesse

OK, Let’s try again.
You wrote:

But regardless of any of that, what difference would it make if they postulated an explanation for "before the big bang?"

I answered:

They would have managed to disengage from the original myth by Lemaitre.

There is no “before” with myths of creation, especially “Ex nihilo” ones -“out of nothing”- as the specific ones are called.

The theory avoids reference to the “initial condition”, in other words to the original event itself, and you did go beyond it by saying that even time did not exist before the BB.
So I wrote:

You now not only touched the forbidden initial condition, but went even further making the theory to sound like a perfect Creation myth.

In the Egyptian theology the god who creates the universe is his own father:

Ok, well, we can dispose of this "creation myth" when talking about the big bang. It's based on measurements, observations and lots of math. Currently it's the best explanation we have for the origins of the universe, could it be wrong? Sure, but so can our explanation of gravity or any other scientific explanation, however, the only thing that will turn the big bang on it's head would be, lots of evidence to the contrary.